Sail Away lyrics plz.

Thread: Sail Away lyrics plz.

Tags: None
  1. mosaicpied said:

Question Sail Away lyrics plz.

Requesting lyrics for an Australian song released in 1983 by band Swanee with lead singer being brother of Jimmy Barnes, John Swan..The song is called ' Sail Away '' and starts like this...'' All through the morning, and all of last night, Been tossing and turning, but it dont feel right. Ive done a little drinking, and you know I get high, but thats no reason for you saying goodbye..

2. AussieMuso said:

Default Sail Away -Swanee

All through the morning and all of last night, been tossing and turning, but it don’t feel right.
    I’ve done a little a little drinking and you know I get high, but that’s no reason for you saying goodbye.

Maybe you’re feeling that I don’t care, but it’s hard to make love when you’re sleeping in your chair. I tried to make you listen but the dog only hears. And I ain’t about to laugh away all your tears.

So Sail away and ride your storm, god go with you till you reach your brand new dawn.
    So sail away and calm your raging sea, your lifeline is the only part of me that’s the heart of me.

Our bed stays empty now the feelings long gone, but we share the same house and fool everyone.
    And you keep all the photographs, there’s a memory there. While the dreams we shared surround us every way.

So sail away and ride your storm and god go with you till you reach your brand new dawn. So sail away and calm your raging sea, your lifeline is the only part of me that’s the heart of me.
    Oohoo oohoo.

Some called us lucky that we lasted for so long. You couldn’t keep singing out that same old song. And darling don’t say nothing, cause it’s hurting me inside.
    Just keep on running or you’ll miss the tide.

So sail away and ride your storm, and god go with you till you reach your brand new dawn.
    So sail away and calm your raging sea, your lifeline is the only part of me. So sail away and ride your storm, god go with you till you reach your brand new dawn.
    Oh I’ll make it stop one day.
    Baby! Baby baby baby baby baby.
    You’ll always be the one for me!
    Last edited by AussieMuso; 06-12-2022 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Correct lyric