I've tried and failed, please help me.

Thread: I've tried and failed, please help me.

Tags: None
  1. Tiny said:

Default I've tried and failed, please help me.

Hello everyone !

I have had this part of a song for years and i've had my little own mission to try and identify it, i love small challenges and am usually very stubborn when trying to solve a problem but i just give up on this one, i'd sell my soul to the devil just to find out the artist or song name but it appears my soul isnt worth much so here i am in a desperate plea to you, can you help me redeam my soul?

http://www.box.net/shared/ajk3tn5nrm

Trying to figure out what he's singing isn't easy with the background noise, i think i have managed to identify some lines but i might be wrong.

"Begging to be told..." "Save the part for me..." "Save the one for me..."

I've always loved a good mystery but this one is beyond mysterious, if Sherlock Holmes had a phone number i'd call him.

Someone pwease help me.

Tiny
    Last edited by Tiny; 02-14-2009 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Sorry put a wrong link to the song

logan01 said:

Linked to page says "wrong file".

3. Tiny said:

Default oops

Ouch i messed up that one ;p edited the correct link, my bad.

4. Fence Sitter said:

Hmm, sounds like that song about being wasted on weed, (because I was high or something similar to that) but the words are a little different.

5. Tiny said:

hehe yeah at first i also thought it could be "Affroman" as it has some similarities in the beginning where he "talks" the words more than "sings" in a kind of way.

No luck with Affroman though

6. Tiny said:

*bump*

Hoping someone recognize the artist or the song, the song has a distinct sound/beat and the singer probably has more songs under his belt.

I do have the feeling this might be a "One hit wonder" wich should make it easy to identify the artist, but i'm still eluded by this one.

Hard to place the era but 80's - 90's has to be close, i really doubt it's in the 70's or earlier and 2000 would probably have made it easy to identify, that only leaves it in the span of 2 decades (nngh..) wich is not helpful at all hehe

Any help is greatly appreciated

DJ Maxx said:

Hi Tiny,

It sounds like an old 60's tune called "Say Goodbye for Me" (Not 100% sure of that title.)

Hold me close baby .... say goodbye for me.

I think it was one of those Romeo & Juliet type dying in my arms songs.

Where did you get this recording ? It really doesn't sound like the song I'm thinking of beat wise, but ........could be some kind of pumped up remake.

8. Tiny said:

Hi DJ Maxx !

Been trying the last couple of days to dig into the 60's to look for clues, if it reallly is a re-make of an old song it sure isnt easy to identify the lyrics part.

On the lyrics subject i just got my new sound card and lo and behold i think i make the beginning different.

Now it sounds like hes singing "Can begin to be told" but he has in that case a weird pronunciation on the word "Begin"

Now if im correct and he's NOT singing "begging to be told" but sings "Can begin to be told" one can start to perhaps imagine logical sentences before the "can begin" part.

Like for example: "Story" can begin to be told...

if you take that one step further and let your imagination run free, it could be: "Now the story can begin to be told" but that guess is as good as anyones as im sure someone else would produce fully locical sentences the words "Can begin to be told" would fit into.

And as the detective in me rubs his ands and grins with an evil look in his eyes, the other more sensible side realizes im just digging myself a bigger hole here ;p

DJ Maxx said:

I'm almost 99.9% positive the lyrics I hear are "Say Goodbye for Me".

Still curious where the clip comes from.
    Is that the entire length of what you have ?

atmaestro said:

My wild guess is "Get Free" by Jim Johnston
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

11. Tiny said:

Ok im back from the jungle, man i hate spiders...

Hi DJ Maxx, yes the clip i have is this short, i think i ripped it from a video file years ago, i have looked for the video file but cant find it, probably lost 796 formats ago ;p

I been trying to look for the 'title/lyric' containing "Say Goodbye For Me" without any success, if this is a 60's remake, that original song in my ears must have been a hit unless it is from some sort of musical/theatre composition.

I'm dying to put "SOLVED:" infront of this topic ;p

atmaster: i found a sample of get Free by Jim Johnston, didn't sound like the audio clip i have.

atmaestro said:

The song "I Counted On Love" by Kansas has the lyrics "say goodbye for me".
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

13. Tiny said:

A little bump to see if fresh "ears" can help solve this puzzle of a clip.

14. Tiny said:

Red face

*bump*

15. Tiny said:

A year have passed by and mother earth have rotated over 365 times around it's own axis, and still i swear my head is spinning faster than that in just 15 seconds, because thats the length of this clip http://www.box.net/shared/ajk3tn5nrm that i cannot identify.

Please someone help me, im getting dizzy... ;p

16. jp12345 said:

"...can't wait to be told
    Say goodbye for me
    Say goodbye for me
    Say goodbye..."

nahnou said:

Don't know or recognize the song but I'm hearing
    Save the night for me
    or
    Save tonight for me

18. Tiny said:

Just have to bump this once in a while, mabey some day someone will recognize it and i can finally get my head above water and breathe again ;p