Povia - Luca Era Gay

Thread: Povia - Luca Era Gay

Tags: None
  1. Roberto_d said:

Default Povia - Luca Era Gay

This is one of the Sanremo 2009 songs by Povia. Please someone translate it into English:

INTRO:
    Luca era gay e adesso sta con lei Luca parla con il cuore in mano Luca dice
    sono un altro uomo,
    1^ STROFA:
    Luca dice: prima di raccontare il mio cambiamento sessuale volevo chiarire che
    se credo in Dio non mi riconosco nel pensiero dell'uomo che su questo
    argomento è diviso,
    non sono andato da psicologi psichiatri preti o scienziati sono andato nel mio
    passato ho scavato e ho capito tante cose di me
    mia madre mi ha voluto troppo bene un bene diventato ossessione piena delle
    sue convinzioni ed io non respiravo per le sue attenzioni
    mio padre non prendeva decisioni ed io non ci riuscivo mai a parlare stava fuori
    tutto il giorno per lavoro io avevo l'impressione che non fosse troppo vero
    mamma infatti chiese la separazione avevo 12 anni non capivo bene mio padre
    disse è la giusta soluzione e dopo poco tempo cominciò a bere
    mamma mi parlava sempre male di papà mi diceva non sposarti mai per carità
    delle mie amiche era gelosa morbosa e la mia identità era sempre più confusa
    RITORNELLO:
    sono un altro uomo
    sono un altro uomo
    2^ STROFA:
    sono un altro uomo ma in quel momento cercavo risposte mi vergognavo e le
    cercavo di nascosto c'era chi mi diceva “è naturale” io studiavo Freud non la
    pensava uguale
    poi arrivò la maturità ma non sapevo che cos'era la felicità un uomo grande mi
    fece tremare il cuore ed è li che ho scoperto di essere omosessuale
    con lui nessuna inibizione il corteggiamento c'era e io credevo fosse amore sì
    con lui riuscivo ad essere me stesso poi sembrava una gara a chi faceva meglio
    il sesso
    e mi sentivo un colpevole prima o poi lo prendono ma se spariscono le prove poi
    lo assolvono cercavo negli uomini chi era mio padre andavo con gli uomini per
    non tradire mia madre
    2° RITORNELLO:
    sono un altro uomo
    sono un altro uomo
    SPECIAL:
    Lica dice per 4 anni sono stato con un uomo tra amore e inganni spesso ci
    tradivamoio cercavo ancora la mia verità quell'amore grande per l'eternità
    poi ad una festa fra tanta gente ho conosciuto lei che non c'entrava niente lei mi
    ascoltava lei mi spogliava lei mi capiva ricordo solo che il giorno dopo mi
    mancava
    questa è la mia storia solo la mia storia nessuna malattia nessuna guatigione
    caro papà ti ho perdonato anche se qua non sei più tornato
    mamma ti penso spesso ti voglio bene e a volte ho ancora il tuo riflesso ma
    adesso sono padre e sono innamorato dell'unica donna che io abbia mai amato
    RITORNELLO FINALE:
    sono un altro uomo
    sono un altro uomo

2. Lady_A said:

It is not my translation, I found it online:

INTRO:
    Luca was gay and now he’s together with her, Luca speaks from his heart, Luca says I’m another man.

1st VERSE:
    Luca says: Before telling you about my sexual change, I want to clarify that if I believe in God I can’t recognise myself in human thought which is divided on this matter, I haven’t gone to psychologists, psychiatrists, priests nor scientists.

I’ve gone into my past, delved into it and found out a lot about myself.

My mother had too much love for me, her love turned into full obsession with her convictions, her attentions wouldn’t let me breathe.

My father used to take no decisions and I could never talk with him, he was away at work all day, but I had the feeling that wasn’t the truth, that’s why Mum asked for divorce, I was 12 and didn’t
    really understand my father, he said ‘that’s the right solution’ and started to drink after sometime.

Mum always spoke badly of Dad to me and used to say ‘never get married, for God’s sake.

She was sick jealous of my girlfriends and my identity was growing confused.

Chorus:
    Luca was gay and now he’s together with her, Luca speaks from his heart, Luca says I’m another man

Luca was gay and now he’s together with her, Luca speaks from his heart, Luca says I’m another man.

2nd VERSE:

I’m another man now, but at that time I was looking for answers, I was ashamed so looked for my answers in hiding, some used to say ‘it’s natural.’

I studied Freud and he didn’t think the same, then high school finished but I didn’t know what happiness was, a big man made my heart shake and that’s when I knew I was a homosexual.

I had no inhibitions with him, he courted me and I thought that was love, yes with him I could feel myself, but then it became like a competition on who made the best sex.

I felt guilty, sooner or later they’ll catch him, but if evidence disappears he’ll be acquitted.

I was looking for who my father was in men, and I used to go with men not to betray my mother.

2nd Chorus:
    Luca was gay and now he’s together with her, Luca speaks from his heart. Luca says I’m another man.

SPECIAL:
    Luca says: For 4 years I’d been with a man through love and deceptions, we often betrayed each other.

I was still looking for my truth, that big eternal love, then I met her at a party, among a lot of people, she had nothing to do with it all, she listened to me, undressed me, understood me. I only remember that I missed her the day after.

This is my story, only my story, no illness, no recovery.

Dear Dad, I’ve forgiven you even though you’ve never come back here.

Mum, I often think of you and I love you, and sometimes still see your reflection.

But now I’ve become a father and I’m in love with the only woman I’ve ever loved.

Final Chorus:

3. Roberto_d said:

thank you very much

Nereis said:

Please, don't spread this song.
    There was a huge debate in our country in the past week: this song is truly offensive and racist to the LGBT community.
    Also, the singer said awful things in many interviews.

5. Roberto_d said:

I love this song of Povia and agree with him.

I heard that in Sanremo festival, Roberto benigni said that "If someone is in love, what does it matter if the beloved is of the same or opposite sex?"

Ok, I like Benigni very much, but I do'nt agree with him.
    Could you tell me much more about speech of Benigni in Sanremo? And what was said Povia in interviews?
    Last edited by Roberto_d; 02-24-2009 at 11:53 PM.

6. Eve164 said:

you agree with this song???

Jess31 said:

Povia says that homosexuals are ill people. When he says "Luca era gay e adesso sta con lei" it's like if he says that Luca was ill but now he's health....homosexuality is NOT an illness.

8. Eve164 said:

exactly, how can you possibly agree with those lyrics?!

9. Kitty said:

but in the song he says: "This is my story, only my story, no illness, no recovery."
    he doesn't say that it's an illness.
    http://canzonistruggentietristi.blogspot.com/

Jess31 said:

Yes, that's true, in the song he sings that but believe me, you should have listened all the interviews and all the debates that this song has provoqued. Povia really gets on my nerves because it seems that being homosexual is a guilt and in particular this "Luca" is gay because his mom is oppressive.....are we joking???!!!!! People are not homosexual because in their childhood had family problems...otherwise we compare homosexuality to psychological problems and SO we are saying that homosexuality is an illness..that's crazy....

11. Kitty said:

Maybe that's true, I really don't know...but all the debates don't diminish the important messageof the song: that change is possible, really there are people that want to change! I guess that this song is for that part of persons. Why don't let them try? That isn't offensive for the other gays whom are fine with theirself.

I found these italian web sites:
    http://omosessualitaeidentita.blogspot.com/
    http://www.tempi.it/il-caso/005031-luca-era-gay
    http://canzonistruggentietristi.blogspot.com/

Jess31 said:

I don't know....it could be, I respect your point of view it's just that I'm thinking that I'm eterosexual and I don't feel the need to change...why should I? and so I'm wondering why a homosexual would like to change..and if he wishes to do it, is it because he really wants it or because he would feel "more accepted" by the society?
    I mean, this is a very delicate debate....

13. Roberto_d said:

My English isn't good, but I'm hoping to say what is in my mind.

I don’t' want to discuss with any one. In my opinion all unnatural things are harmful for men and I believe that homosexuality is an unnatural thing.
    Could you imagine a world with all homosexual? No, because that world could not be exist!

Jess31 said:

Homosexuality exists since Greeks...or even before...

Nereis said:

Povia said that "homosexuality is a illness" and that "homophobia is an invention of the LGBT community because the homosexuals have never been persecuted by anyone".
    That is ignorance and racism.
    And I, as a part of the Italian LGBT community, am very offende by those awfull words.
    homosexuality is not unnatural because it exists also in nature (do you heard about penguins or deers etc..?).
    Benigni said that "love is love, no metters if a cuple is formed by a man and a woman, two women ot two men. Then he raed that wonderful proof of love that is Oscar Wilde's letter to Boosie from the Readin' Gaol.
    He reminded also all the homosexual people killed by the Nazi during the II World War.

R.ana.S.teef said:

Povia wrote a lot of stupid songs, just like 'when the children says oooooh'.
    I guess he just wants to provoke with this song.
    Every people with a lil'bit of brains can understand that it's just a foolish song written by a foolish guy.

In my opinion the real one who is 'ill', is Povia by discriminating.

Jess31 said:

Quote Originally Posted by R.ana.S.teef View Post
    Every people with a lil'bit of brains can understand that it's just a foolish song written by a foolish guy.

I agree!!

18. Xx-ADRIMATE-xX said:

I loved this song...

As a son of an Italian person, i watched sanremo 09 and i wanted povia to win !!!

I think its an amazing song and a really catchy tune...I dont think it is offensive, just because someone is making a song about (i think) his friends life story...why should some homosexuals start complaining.

Let the song be...its got an incredible tune accompanied by incredible lyrics!!!

From watching sanremo, it shows that there are alot of italians who loved this song, they got to the final for god's sake.

He is an artist and some artists write some controversial stuff, who cares...its a free world and everyone has the right of freedom of speech, this guy is an absolute LEGEND and he is written a great song.

!!! JUST LEAVE THE SONG ALONE !!!

p.s. I have nothing against gays, my mates one !!!

Nereis said:

Quote Originally Posted by R.ana.S.teef View Post

That's true.

Jess31 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Xx-ADRIMATE-xX View Post
    I loved this song...

From watching sanremo, it shows that there are alot of italians who loved this song, they got to the final for god's sake.

this guy is an absolute LEGEND and he is written a great song.
    My dear Adrimate, I'm sorry..I don't want you to misunderstand me, I have nothing against you...but I have to tell you that The Festival of Sanremo is dying...This year they said that if this edition wasn't good enough it could have been tha last one...so what they did? They called special guests in order to make the show more interesting...the focus is no more on the songs like for example 20 years ago. They pay a lot of money to invite actors or American singers who have nothing to do with the "Festival della musica ITALIANA"....

And I'm sorry to say that Povia belongs to the category of people who make songs which lasts for two months and then people forget them...You can't tell that "I bambini fanno ooooh" has great lyrics or "I piccioni fanno grrrr grrr" is an amazing song....These songs cannot make Povia a legend....but quite ridiculous......
    Last edited by Jess31; 03-03-2009 at 02:04 AM.