SOLVED: R&b "quiet storm" instrumental. 80s - early 90s?

Thread: SOLVED: R&b "quiet storm" instrumental. 80s - early 90s?

Tags: None
  1. wilsons926 said:

Default SOLVED: R&b "quiet storm" instrumental. 80s - early 90s?

i cannot find this song for the life of me. a local radio station of mine that plays new school r&b and hip hop used to play this song every night at 10 pm on the dot for years, as the beginning of the quiet storm program or whatever it was where they play slow jams for the rest of the night. i think the song is 80s or newer because this station hardly ever plays songs pre 80s, and it really doesn't sound like an older soulful instrumental. if anything i would say it has more of an electric sound to it, then a r&b sound. but all i know is in the 90s, you would here it on soul and r&b stations all the time late at night. but now, its been years since i have heard. most of my friends and relatives know exactly what i'm am talking about if i hum the melody, so its a fairly popular and remembered song, yet i can't find anyone who knows the name of it. it has choir like chanting/singing towards the end but i have no clue what they are saying. the beat goes like this:

do do do do, (higher pitched) do do do, (slightly lower)do, (then high again)do do do do do do do. this repeats over and over for the most of the song.

someone please tell me that they know what i'm talking about!
  2. wilsons926 said:

bump! anybody?
  3. chuckcald said:

Is it "Just the way you are" by Milky?

http://www.imeem.com/raverkidazed/mu...e_way_you_are/
  4. wilsons926 said:

nah, that isn't it. thats way to up beat and party like. plus it has very clear solo vocals. the song i'm thinking about is an instrumental for the most part, and the little part that does have singing sounds like a distant choir type thing. i don't know how to explain it that well, its a different song. but when i was going do do do... i was just trying to imitate the beat. theres noone actually singing that in the song. if i could hum it to you, you probably reconize it. thanks very much for helping tho
  5. gia1522 said:

Default RnB quiet storm instrumental

Moments in Love by the Art of Noise.......this has to be the song. It's my favorite song of all time and most quiet storms play it regularly. The chanting is "Moments In Love"
  6. dukeleo said:

Default looking for the same

i have been trying desperately to find the same song. i used to listen to it in the mid to late 80s at 10pm. on the quiet storm. all slow songs requested in the show. the lyrics in one part go like "so wanted yet so freeeee..." trying to get to put on an ipod. thanks

Vette said:

Could it be the beginning sounds of "Quiet Storm" by Smokey Robinson?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCZ22D2SRD0
    One Life, One Team....L.A. Lakers!!!
  8. pom_1991 said:

hey guys...the song i need sounds a lot similar but goes something like
    "do do dodo...night all night alllll niggghttt all night" im so desperate to find it =\
  9. pitpat24 said:

Default I know what your talkin about

Unfortunately, I'm looking for it too. It has a nice slow tempo, perfect for...well, it's hot. Someone has to know what it is....anyone?
  10. andieb13 said:

I found the one that sounds like "night, all night" after a few hours of dedicated research! its called Life by Des'ree i joined the forum so i could share my discovery!
  11. pitpat24 said:

Hey Andieb13, yeh I don't think that's the song. The song is slow, no words.
  12. pom_1991 said:

Andieb13 - Omgoshhhh That's It!! Dude You Pretty Much Found What I've Been Tryna Find For Almost 3 Years!! Thanksss Heaps! Lmao Smart Kidd (y)
  13. ghost255 said:

well i was on the same boat like most of you guys here and i have bleed searching for this song and wilson here it is its called Tom's diner by suzanne vega this song has a great toon to it so enjoy.........
  14. wiseguy182 said:

re: moments in love by the Art of Noise: LMAO. I first heard this song last year one night on an r & b station during their quiet storm. it has become one of my all time favorite songs. for the longest time, I didn't know who sang it or what the name of the song was, i thought they were saying "let's make love" but it is actually "moments in love" the local jazz station also plays this a few times, in fact, they played it just the other day. i sat in my driveway for a moment to hear the end of the song.
  15. wilsons926 said:

thanks everyone. i ended up finding it about a month after i made this thread. i turned on the radio and it was playing, so i went online to the playlist and it said currently playin, moments in love. i had been searching for this song for years, was glad to fianlly find it. thanks for helping tho. i'm shocked this thread is still alive. i thought it died a long time ago
  16. bern69 said:

Default Quiet Storm Instrumental

I am so glad that this thread was availale. I have been looking for this song for a while. It is Moments in Love by Art of Noise. Thanks to gia1522, I now have the song that I was looking for. Thanks so much!
  17. debush said:

Thanks gia1522 I was looking for this song for so long. I just didn't know the name of it.
  18. evilvet said:

Thumbs up my god my holy grail quest has ended...

i heard the song back in the 80's a lot on power 99FM on the quiet storm at midnight. couldn't find it until here and now. i thought it was a janet jackson song.... nobody lists it in any quiet storm list ANYWHERE. i've been searching and searching. i never could make out the words, and it's mostly instrumental, so nobody had a clue. i stumbled onto this forum by accident doing a search for 80' quiet storm song lists... i've been saying the same dang do do do do do do thing forever (20 freakin YEARS). you guys can't even tell how huge it is that i found this song....i nearly ran down the street naked. heh.... the internet was invented to solve my headaches like this. incredible.
  19. dafuknpryncess said:

Default answer

Heavy D & The Boyz - Dont You Know!
  20. MAMABUNO said:

Talking Omg

Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy182 View Post
    re: Moments in love by the art of noise: Lmao. I first heard this song last year one night on an r & b station during their quiet storm. It has become one of my all time favorite songs. For the longest time, i didn't know who sang it or what the name of the song was, i thought they were saying "let's make love" but it is actually "moments in love" the local jazz station also plays this a few times, in fact, they played it just the other day. I sat in my driveway for a moment to hear the end of the song.
    omg this is the one i have searched for this for 8 years!!! Thank you sooo much