Admin request--second chance for dead/unresolved threads?

Thread: Admin request--second chance for dead/unresolved threads?

Tags: None
  1. Tourbeau said:

Default Admin request--second chance for dead/unresolved threads?

I'm not sure where to post this, and I didn't want it to get lost in the off-topic thread. I am wondering if there is any interest in making a sticky thread for unanswered requests. I know I have posted a couple of translation requests that never saw any responses, and I am sure others have had the same experience. Could we get an "Advanced/Obscure Requests" sticky going for the threads that fell flat but the OPs haven't lost interest, in case some kindly translators out there are looking for a challenge?

2. webmaster said:

Hi

We give a second chance for such threads via allthelyrics.com/lyrics

Check for example http://www.allthelyrics.com/lyrics/n...cs-944292.html,
    "Our forum visitors need help" block under lyrics block.

There are ununswered threads, ordered by time.

About your propositions: we can create "Advanced/Obscure Requests" subforum, but what way unresolved threads should move there?

3. Tourbeau said:

I was surprised when my post was moved to this forum. I never intended it to be an issue outside of the Arabic Lyrics forum, where it was originally posted. In the past, I had put in lyric translations requests (as had others) that were read by other members of the group, but not fulfilled, and I was wondering whether we could have a board where you could continue to demonstrate an interest in getting an answer that was not originally addressed, as opposed to letting the matter die and the thread slowly slide off the page as newer requests superseded it.

The Arabic Lyrics forum has a number of sticky threads dedicated to discussing and sharing pictures of favorite singers, learning Arabic, and other somewhat off-topic conversations, and I envisioned my request as a running list where people could indicate that they were still looking for answers. I don't see why the All The Lyrics forum as a whole would be interested in this, as I am guessing that most people only follow a handful of forums, corresponding to the languages they speak or study. If you are, say, a German who speaks some English and French, why would you care what is going on on the Persian or Slavic forum?

I really don't see this as a forum-wide issue, unless similar interest exists on other boards--at which point, I would think they would want their own "second-chance" sticky threads. Does this clarify my point?

Dreams~ said:

Quote Originally Posted by Tourbeau View Post
    I don't see why the All The Lyrics forum as a whole would be interested in this, as I am guessing that most people only follow a handful of forums, corresponding to the languages they speak or study.
    I know I'm really late to this thread, but I thought this was interesting. I agree especially with the above, because I primarily just come on here and browse around in the 'other language' section to see if there's any Asian songs I can translate. I didn't even know there was a block on the main site that had unresolved threads listed in it.

I don't know that anything should really be done about unresolved translations though... if someone is looking for a challenge, they'll be browsing in the appropriate language forum looking for posts with 0 answers. The only things stopping me from translating all the unresolved Japanese threads are that firstly, many people join looking for a single translation and then leave - perhaps they've already found it elsewhere at this point, or will never see the answer anyway. Secondly, I don't want to appear as though I'm translating random songs in order to try to get "thanks" under the rep system.

But translations should probably be posted anyway in the case that someone stumbles across the pages on this forum looking for lyrics, and then they'll find their answer.

Sorry for rambling. Just some thoughts.
    lumekuninganna.com
    lyricstranslate.com/en/translator/lumekuninganna