"You don't live here any more" (Song found, thanks)

Thread: "You don't live here any more" (Song found, thanks)

Tags: None
  1. jchooper2000 said:

Default "You don't live here any more" (Song found, thanks)

Morning,
    I'm almost 53 and still listen to hard rock, but I really like the 80s music, like the GoGos, Bananarama - female groups of the 80s.

I recently identified several songs I've been looking for, Bow Wow Wow, "I want Candy", Luscious Jackson "Naked Eyes", Paula Cole "Where have all the cowboys gone"

I'm still trying to find a female singer who is sings "You (or He) doesn't live here any more".

I think she’s gotten off a train and looking at a house that she sings that “he” (guessing it’s her last boyfriend) or "you" dont/doesn’t live there any more.

She seems to be reminiscing about old times and issad - somewhat of a haunting song. It's something I've seen a video of on TV. It is not a slow song. I'm guessing it's a late 80s, 90s or early 00 song.

I've contacted a local radio station that plays it occasionally and they can't identify it, they play "80s, 90s and now" music. You might hear the song on an alternative (sp) station too.

Sorry I don't have more to go one. TIA - Jim
    Last edited by jchooper2000; 03-07-2009 at 02:57 AM.

2. Fence Sitter said:

It reminds me of a song. I have no idea about the video though.

Dionne Warwick - Love doesn't live here any more

It's sure to have been covered by another artist since then.

3. jchooper2000 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Fence Sitter View Post
    It reminds me of a song. I have no idea about the video though.

Dionne Warwick - Love doesn't live here any more

It's sure to have been covered by another artist since then.
    I'll check it out ... think the singer was white though. Thanks

Tahira said:

There was a song with the title

Love don´t live here anymore

It was covered several times by different artist. Maybe if you go on searching with this title in youtube, you will find the versionyou are looking for.

Mumbles said:

Everything But The Girl - Missing .....Maybe?
    Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice
    Y Ddraig Goch ddyry gychwyn

6. BAGurl said:

from the description of the song, I'd say "Missing" by "Everything But The Girl"

I step off the train
    I'm walking down your street again and past your door

7. BAGurl said:

sorry mumbles, didnt see your post :S

8. jchooper2000 said:

Thanks ... you got the song and the group. It was "missing". I thought it was a one hit wonder group.

PS I work in an office of over 100 people and I'm the undefeated king of indentifying oldies (60s and 70s).

Tahira said:

So welcome to this forums !

10. BAGurl said:

thing is that this song is not THAT old, everything but the girl is a great dj-singer duo, probably one of the best of their kind in the last 20 years...
    the DJ is Ben Watt and the singer is his wife Tracey Thorne, now they've split up, only as a band, but still work together and carry on with their solo carreers