Trance/Techno song with female voice speaking about life. Little/if any singing.

Thread: Trance/Techno song with female voice speaking about life. Little/if any singing.

Tags: None
  1. Hazed Note said:

Default Trance/Techno song with female voice speaking about life. Little/if any singing.

I'm just throwing this at the wall, see if it sticks. I once listened to a random mix that some random stranger made. It had a bunch of incredible trance songs but I'll just ask for one. hahaha...

The song is melodic trance, soft and uplifting...not loud and hard-hitting. A typical trancy breakdown when the voice comes. What's different is that the voice speaks for a WHILE. She lists things, advice if you will. She talks about love, money, etc. and once she's done with the 4th/5th thing, the music starts to progress. I know this sounds like a lot of songs, and I know it's very difficult without the artist name but does this ring any bells?
    A trance song with a lot of female talking (not singing) about life advice??? I believe she refers to money as "coin". I presume she's denouncing the importance of the "coin". I can imagine a note or two about "love" in the spoken piece. She focuses on one of her ideas at the end, the single word i think launches the trance progression that gets you jumping.

This was about 5 years ago and people were "singing" along so it isn't an unknown indie tune or anything.

I feel like a crazy person, speaking about nothing really. lol
    Last edited by Hazed Note; 03-07-2009 at 03:45 PM.

2. BlueNileFan said:

Try this. It's old but a classic of the genre and she still plays it at concerts. I doubt that it is your poem however.

Anne Clark - Sleeper In Metropolis
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxY5zTfki0U

3. Hazed Note said:

Thanks a bunch but no, this song was much more clean sounding and modern. And it was euphoric...Tiesto/Armin Van Buuren like. And the voice came over melodic sounds. Kind of like the song taking a break to focus on what the female is saying. Again, it's a speech/lecture/list of wise advice. With all the DJ's out there and tracks that indeed send you into a trance, I highly doubt I'll hear this song again. Oh well, I should have asked for a copy of the mix when I had the chance.

Thanks again.

4. crookie said:

Quote Originally Posted by Hazed Note View Post
    Thanks a bunch but no, this song was much more clean sounding and modern. And it was euphoric...Tiesto/Armin Van Buuren like. And the voice came over melodic sounds. Kind of like the song taking a break to focus on what the female is saying. Again, it's a speech/lecture/list of wise advice. With all the DJ's out there and tracks that indeed send you into a trance, I highly doubt I'll hear this song again. Oh well, I should have asked for a copy of the mix when I had the chance.

Thanks again.
    Oh my god, I think we're looking for the same track and it's haunting me. The line is progressive-chill and I think she's african american by the sound of her voice, talking over the track with meaningful phrases.