Solved: Need help identifying a song! Sugar sugar

Thread: Solved: Need help identifying a song! Sugar sugar

Tags: None
  1. saravan1 said:

Default Solved: Need help identifying a song! Sugar sugar

This has been driving me crazy. There is a song: Its indie, has a folky guitar sound - almost hawaiian. Mellow male vocals. All I can remember of the lyrics is sugar, sugar in the chorus. I know the song was recently(within the last 5 yrs or so) in a movie that I originally thought was an adam sandler movie, but now I'm not sure. It was some kind of romantic comedy of that nature.... Anyway, I know that is a vague description, but if anyone can help me out, I'd appreciate it! Thanks!

2. Olenachechel said:

Baby Bash - Suga Suga
    They play that a lot here in Hawaii

3. saravan1 said:

It's not the baby bash version - I know that one. It's slower.

atmaestro said:

The Adam Sandler film, "50 First Dates", was filmed in Hawaii.
    The following song was featured in the movie and has "Sugar" in the lyrics.

"Lips Like Sugar" by Seal featuring Mikey Dread (Originally recorded by Echo and the Bunnymen)
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

DJ Maxx said:

Sugar - Trick Daddy / Ludacris / Cee-Lo (2005)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vfEwovOq4E

atmaestro said:

Also the song "Sugar Sugar" by The Archies (#1 hit for 1969) has been featured in numerous movies.

7. saravan1 said:

Sorry guys, its none of those. It's more acoustical guitar sounding, and the chorus is all male vocals singing just "suga, suga" over and over about 3 times until the lead male vocal comes in again. I want to say its 2 part harmony, but could be three.....dang it this is driving me crazy!!! Thanks for all of your help anyway!!

atmaestro said:

Next wild guesses are:

"Suga Suga Suga" by Keith Sweat

"Suga, Suga" by Frankie J with Baby Bash (there is an acoustic version too)

9. saravan1 said:

Thank you for continuing to search for me atmaster, but neither of those either. It's not R&B, its more indie-folk jam band sounding. I do love me some keith sweat, tho! lol!

Nightcrawler said:

If you think it is an indi tune have you tried posting for it on an Indi Forum ?

http://www.musicforte.com/forums/index.php

11. Friggan Fogarty said:

Wink Sugar Sugar (In my life)

I believe the song your looking for is from john fogarty the album Deja Vu All Over Again- its called Sugar Sugar (In my life). Here is a you tube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCYgerI3i9Q

12. saravan1 said:

THANK YOU FRIGGAN FOGERTY!!! THAT'S IT!! I like John Fogerty - I can't believe I didn't know it was him! Thanks so much!