song that uses vocal sample from "crazy in love"

Thread: song that uses vocal sample from "crazy in love"

Tags: None
  1. raquella said:

Default song that uses vocal sample from "crazy in love"

I was shopping today at a forever 21 and heard a really good song, but can't find it. It was an electronic song that had a sample of the "uh oh uh oh uh oh oh no no" from beyonce's "crazy in love", but no other lyrics or samples. I don't know if this would be considered a remix or not, but I can't find it anywhere.

atmaestro said:

According to Wiki...

The song features a sample from The Chi-Lites' 1970 "Are You My Woman (Tell Me So)".

A version of the song included on Asian releases of Dangerously in Love features a rap in Mandarin Chinese performed by American-Taiwanese singer Vanness Wu, in lieu of Jay-Z's performance.[33] The song has remixed versions as well, including the Rockwilder remix, Maurice's Nu Soul remix, and Juniors World remix. These remixes appeared on the single releases of "Crazy in Love".

The song was covered many times by several artists. English rock band The Magic Numbers made a cover version of "Crazy in Love" that appeared on Australian radio station Triple J's segment to the volume three of the Like a Version CD/DVD. American alternative rock band Switchfoot produced a rock version released in part of Yahoo!'s CoverArt series. While maintaining the fundamental elements of the track, Switchfoot added their "rock flavor" in it. The band shot a video for the cover version and is available on the Yahoo! Pepsi Smash website.

Scottish pop group, Hue and Cry had a cover on the song as well, performed by the group for the 2005 British reality show Hit Me, Baby, One More Time. In 2003, Irish singer-songwriter Mickey Joe Harte made an acoustic version of "Crazy In Love" for the charity album Even Better Than the Real Thing Vol. 1. Other cover versions were made by Australian singer Jessica Mauboy, English musical trio The Puppini Sisters, Polish singer Nina Cieślińska, and Scottish rock band Snow Patrol. A version by The Magic Numbers appears on the 2007 Starbucks (Hear Music) compilation album, Sounds Eclectic: The Covers Project. Antony and the Johnsons perform their interpretation on tour, but have not released a recording.
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

3. raquella said:

thanks for helping, but this one is really hard to find because it just uses the "uh oh uh oh uh oh oh no no" against a house/techno beat, so I guess it wouldn't be considered a remix of the song.

and if it makes any kind of difference, the "uh oh uh oh ..." vocals are used for about a minute in the intro to the track, which progressives into a pulsing synth. since the vocal part is actually straight from the song, i really don't know why this is so hard to find. i've gone through google around 4 times now and still haven't found anything.
    Last edited by raquella; 03-16-2009 at 03:59 AM.