help!

Thread: help!

Tags: None
  1. yugo_girl_68 said:

Unhappy help!

Hello!
    i'm not sure whether i'm writing my thread into the right topic but maybe someone can help me to translate this:

Basale romale iljave corale
    neka rovad korkori
    neka merad corori

it's roma, a part of a serbish song, hope somebody can help me thx

MayGoLoco said:

Yup it's Roma, but there's no one on the forum that speaks it unfortunately...

Spring said:

I moved this to Lyrics translation forum.. maybe someone shows up and finally translates the lines...

We have the rest of the song translated though.. http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/se...tml#post356720

Zahra91h said:

I think there is someone who can translate it.. I think her name is GypsyQueen87 ....she is sometimes in the romanian lyrics forum....you can send her maybe a p.m.

5. ankanoga said:

Question it is a croatian song...

Why do you think it's a serbian song? I'm actually curious why do people don't know the difference, don't get me wrong.

Ghaly said:

ankanoga, it is quite obvious:
    There is almost no difference between Hrvatski and Srpski; both just differ in matter of Byzantic and Latin forms (e.g. "minut" vs. "minuta") as well as ekavski and ijekavski (e.g. "sesti" vs. "sjesti")
    I should not know, how possibly, and even why a non-Native, who might not be into such deep matters, shall be able to recognize such fine differences?!
    As it is recommended by scientists, one should not say "Croatian" or "Serbian" but rather "Serbocroatian", as the distinction is not even certain with ijekavski and ekavski, since there are many dialects in both languages, mixing up the special recognition features!
    - Racism is not far, it is in everybody's nature. Detect thy fears, thy prejudices, and live in unison with these fears and every being that does not harm thee.