Please Help Me ID This Song

Thread: Please Help Me ID This Song

Tags: None
  1. hellodarliing said:

Default Please Help Me ID This Song

Hello! I was wondering if you could help me identify a song? Unfortunately, since I only heard the end of the song, I have very little information to provide you. (No joke!)

I was in Forever 21 last weekend (Saturday, March 28) and there was this song that was sung by a woman. I believe her voice sounded kind of androgynous - that is, it wasn't at all "girly sounding". Also, her voice had a Rachel Yamagata feel to it - kind of husky and raspy if you will.

Lyrics: I couldn't make out any of the words, but it sounded like she was saying "oh oh oh oh weee weee ..." (this is a complete guess - it probably sounds like this if you hum it) during the chorus. (By the way, none of the words were emphasized so you literally couldn't make out any of the words - or at least, I couldn't.)

If I could categorize / compare the song, I'd label it as indiepop maybe? And if you've ever shopped at Forever 21, you'd probably notice that many of their songs are techno, well, this song did not sound like techno music.

Instruments: Parts of the song sounded like it had an old piano playing in it - if you listen to the song Boys and Girls in Love by the Rumble Strips, you'd hear a piano about 31 seconds into the song (The Rumble Strips - Boys and Girls in Love = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6832Ndqz5g) - the sound of that sort of a piano was very much evident in the song that I am searching for!

How the song ends: after the bridge, I think it fades into the chorus - you hear 3 or 4 consecutive taps of a drum just before the chorus or whatever words she is singing ends.

Do you recognize any songs that have these characteristics by any chance? Again, it's not much to go on with, and I've tried googling their March 2009 playlist, but unfortunately, nothing comes up, so yes, anything would help.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by hellodarliing; 03-30-2009 at 02:44 PM.

atmaestro said:

Try "Homeboy" by Jojo
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title