Harmaja lyrics in Finnish and translation if possible

Thread: Harmaja lyrics in Finnish and translation if possible

Tags: None
  1. mephistonh said:

Default Harmaja lyrics in Finnish and translation if possible

Hello, (sorry, it's a lot to read => you can also just skip until 'QUESTION' )

I've been in Finland for half a year last year from january till june;
    this year for some schoolproject we need to do a personal reflection. I wanted to reflect my experience of living in Finland (and being there with both finnish and spanish people)

Yeeeaars ago i discovered that a lot of my favourite bands are finnish. because most of them sing in english it's not a problem, but now for this project, i'd rather wanted to use some finnish-singing music.
    While I was in finland i discovered 'Harmaja' the finnish project of charon singer J.P. which i absolutely love. I have been listening it for quite some time there and in a way it kind of expresses my winter feeling in finland, so i thought it was really good to use. Since the album hasn't been out that long yet (and i only discovered a week ago i can actually order it on the internet), I don't have the lyrics yet. I can't find the finnish onces anywhere on internet, so it's quite impossible to use any of their songs now.

MY QUESTION:
    I know it's quite a lot of work, so if nobody wants to do it, i don't blame you at all...
    but if anybody would want to do it, i'd love to have the lyrics in Finnish and if possible translated (or pieces of it...) most of all 'sydäntalvella' (just the lyrics in Finnish most of all) , 'palavana'
    you can listen to those on their myspace:
    http://www.myspace.com/harmajaraahe
    And 'sataa' which is to be found here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8L01Y-rCBo

Thanks on beforehand to anyone who wants to help in any way!!!

I found a translation already of 'sydäntalvella' (if you have the feeling you can do better, go ahead!!):

By my warm lamp passes the times of gold
    Yet didn´t the darkness swallowed you away from me
    You open the garden of fairytale
    And there we stay together
    The burning roses are blooming around our heads awhile

chorus:
    Hear the snowy lines lashing the window
    From the open sea rages the midwinter breezes

Against the night and dark
    Must the man leave
    The light of the window still glows to the road awhile
    By my lamp staying
    Then nothing else I know
    I see a boy in the storm going next to the ravine

chorus

Ronya^^ said:

Hopefully this helps you a bit..

Harmaja - Sataa // - If translated, it can mean either snowing or raining.
    ( in finnish the verb: 'sataa', is used with everything that comes down from sky,like water,snow even hailstones )

Sataakohan silloin lunta kun tulet hiljaa huoneeseen
    // Will it be snowing when you come to the room silently?
    En ole vielä valmis
    // I'm not ready yet
    Ja joka hetki kuin viimeistään sun sydän lyö
    // And every moment your heart beats like the last time

Chorus:
    Niin taivaltaa
    //So he travels
    Niin taivaltaa
    //So he travels
    hän halki tuntemattoman
    //through the unknown

Sataakohan, vai onko lehdet puista jo maahan pudonneet?
    // Is it raining, or has the leaves already dropped to the ground?
    Et ole vielä valmis
    // You're not ready yet
    Ja joka askeleella sua pelko syö
    // And by every step, the fear eats you

Chorus (x2)
    Last edited by Ronya^^; 04-14-2009 at 11:28 AM.

3. mephistonh said:

It sure does!!! Thank you so much for the lyrics and translation!

Grtz

Nikita

4. mephistonh said:

you can still help me with, most of all, the Finnish lyrics of 'sydäntalvella' most of all the first part and the chorus.
    Or any other song if you feel like it...

I also am interested in other songs that anyone of you might find 'typical Finnish sound' for myself or for the work, but i'm always interested to get to know more more more music

Thanks!

5. Kalvaaja said:

I absolutely fell in love with the band a couple of days ago, discovered it from Spotify totally by accident. I just sat there for like three and a half hours with my headphones on and suddenly realized the sun was rising.

I absolutely love the lyrics and therefore I feel almost obliged to give it my best shot. Let's see what me and my trusty Oxford dictionary can do. I'll divide the original text and translation with ---. Also, since translations are never 100% accurate and languages don't "match", I'll provide things that don't perhaps fit a "good" translation, that are not mentioned in the text but should be in the "accurate" translation, and any additional info in brackets, to make sure you understand the general idea of words or sentences.

I'll post the songs three at a time to put it nicely into pieces.

Vajoan --- I founder/sink [a quite difficult word to translate, basically means slow sinking]

Tuule hiljaa, varpaillaan --- Blow slowly/quietly, on your toes [as in "wind blows"]
    Tuule kun jo sarastaa --- Blow when the dawn already breaks
    Odotan ja vaikenen --- I wait and fall silent
    Katseesi haikeuteen --- To the sadness of your gaze ["sadness" as in very melancholic, perhaps longing with a hint of despair]watc

Joka hetki pakenee --- Every moment flees
    Joka hetki pois valoa vie --- Every moment takes (a part of) the light away

(chorus)
    Tulen kaipaamaan sinua --- I will miss you
    Tunsit varjoisat veet --- You knew the shadowy waters
    Ilman valoasi katoan --- Without your light I disappear/vanish
    Vajoan pyörteeseen --- Founder/sink in a whirlpool

Annan tuulen sammuttaa --- I let the wind put out,
    Liekin jäähdyttää --- To cool the flame
    Sitä valvoin vartoen --- I watched it waiting, ["watch" as in keep an eye on]
    Valoa palvoen --- Worshipping the light

(chorus)

Niin kauan sain odottaa --- So long I got/had to wait [can be translated as either one]
    Ainoan lehteni pudottaa --- To drop my only leaf
    Join janooni kuolemaa --- I drank death to my thirst
    Viimeiseen pisaraan haikeaan --- To the last sad drop [again sad as in melancholic, just as above]

(chorus)

Sydäntalvella - In the middlewinter [a very old and strong word, directly translated "Heart winter"]
    [This song is originally a poem of Saima Harmaja, a finnish poet from the early 1900's. According to the band itself she's been a great influence on their lyrical output, as one might guess from their name]

Luona lamppuni lämpöisen --- At my warm lamp
    Kuluu hetkien kulta --- Passes the gold of the moments ["gold (of something)" in Finnish usually means the best or the dearest of something]
    Vielä pimeys ahmaisten --- Yet didn't the darkness, by devouring, ["devour" as in swallow quickly with a single bite]
    Ei sua ottanut multa --- Take you from me [pretty hard to translate the last two lines in this order, but you get the point]

Sadun puutarhan aukaiset --- You open the garden of (the) fairytale
    Sinne kahden me jäämme --- There we stay twofold ["stay" or "are left", just the two of them]
    Ruusut kukkivat, tuliset --- The fiery roses bloom
    Hetken ympäri päämme --- Around our head(s) for awhile [the direct translation would be "our head"]

(chorus)
    Kuule, ruoskien ikkunaa --- Hear, lashing the window [as in whip lashes. The Finnish word comes directly from "whip"]
    Viuhuu lumiset siimat --- Birr the snowy strings ["birr" as in go by or fly quickly with a windy sound, string as in something long and very thing. The same word is used in Finnish for a fishing line]
    Meren aavalta raivoaa --- From the open (of the) sea rages
    Sydäntalviset viimat --- The breezes of the middlewinter [directly translated "the middlewintery breezes"]

Vasten yötä ja pimeää --- Against/Into the night and the dark [can be understood as either one]
    Täytyy lähteä miehen --- A man must leave
    Valo ikkunan häilähtää --- A light of/(from) the window flashes ["flash" as in very gently and almost accidentally]
    Vielä hetkeksi tiehen --- To the road for a (one last) moment

Luona lamppuni viipyen --- Staying by my lamp [can be translated also as staying without a reason or when you should for example be elsewhere]
    Sitten muuta en tiedä --- After that I don't know (anything) else
    Näen myrskyssä poikasen --- I see a boy/youngster in the storm
    Käyvän kuilujen viertä --- Walking beside chasms/gorges

(chorus)

Sataa --- It snows [as mentioned in a previous post, "sataa" can mean either snowing or raining or a hailstorm or pretty much anything that comes down from the sky. In this case, however, snow is mentioned in the first verse, so I'll go with that]

Sataakohan --- Does it snow [very hard to translate, but more exactly means "I wonder if it snows/will snow"]
    Silloin lunta --- Snow (then) [the direct translation would be "I wonder if it will rain snow", so don't get confused about the double "snow" there]
    Kun tulet hiljaa huoneeseen --- When you silently enter the room

En ole vielä valmis --- I'm not ready yet
    Ja joka hetki kuin viimeistään --- And every moment, like its last
    sun sydän lyö --- Your heart beats [a common saying in Finnish, to do something like that's its last moment to do so, meaning to do something very fast or very much]

(chorus)
    Niin taivaltaa --- So wanders/journeys [either with or without a destination, generally understood as going by foot]
    Niin taivaltaa --- So wanders/journeys
    Hän halki tuntemattoman --- He/She through the unknown

Sataakohan --- Does it rain, [again as in the first verse, except that as the verse mentions falling leaves (and nothing that would rain from the sky, as it did in the first verse) it most likely refers to autumn and thus regular rain]
    Vai onko lehdet --- Or have the leaves
    jo puista maahan pudonneet --- Already fallen down (to the ground) from the trees

Et ole vielä valmis --- You're not ready yet
    Ja joka askeleella --- And on every step
    sua pelko syö --- Fear consumes you

(chorus) x2
    Last edited by Kalvaaja; 04-23-2009 at 03:30 PM.

6. Kalvaaja said:

Palavana --- Burning [as in as something that is right now burning. One of my favorite songs on this album by the way]

Viimeisen lauseen kirjoittaa --- (He/She) writes the final sentence [in Finnish there's not always need for personal pronouns, as the person can be determined from the suffixes of the verb. Sorry if this is too much linguistics for you ]
    Ja hetken hengähtää --- And (for a moment) takes a breath
    Sanat loppuu aikanaan --- At time words (will) end
    Tainneet toistaa itseään --- Probably have repeated themselves

Hiljaisuutta valvoo --- (He/She) watches over silence, [can also be understood as "staying up"]
    Toivoen mielessään --- Wishing in (his/her) mind

(chorus)
    Tule, minä kaipaan --- Come, I miss (you) ["You" is again mentioned in the verb "miss", not as a word itself. Also, missing in this sense is something very strong, like longing and needing]
    Palavana kaipaan --- Burning I miss (you)

Hiipuvan soinnin huomen saa --- Tomorrow gets a fading tone/ring/soung
    Kuin oisi alla maan --- As if (it) were under the ground/earth
    Sitä turhaan odottaa --- In vain to wait for it
    Sai vanha matkaaja --- Had/Got the old traveller [difficult two lines to translate without breaking the line order, but I hope you get the point]

Hiljaisuuttaa toivoo --- (He/She) wishes for silence
    Vaalien mielessään --- Cherishing in (his/her) mind

(chorus)

Kevät --- Spring [This is another song originally a poem of Saima Harmaja. Another one of my favorites, perhaps the best]

Tulen kuoleman varjon maasta --- I come from the land of the shadow of death
    Tulen iltaan vaaleaan --- I come to a pale evening/night
    Näen mykkänä, vihreä huntu --- I see as mute, a green veil ["mute" here is probably meant as speechless rather than just unable to talk]
    On tullut ja kietonut maan --- Has come and covered/wrapped/entwined the land

Ja on tuulta ja tuoksua lauhaa --- And there's (some) wind and gentle/mild scent [understood so that there's generally some wind and scents in the air, without concentrating more on any of them on particular]
    Ja linnunlaua soi --- And the singing of the birds rings [the thing mentioned in the previous line applies here too]
    Kun omassa rinnassani --- When in my own chest
    Sydän kuoleva vaikeroi --- A dying heart moans
    Vaikeroi --- Moans

(chorus)
    Oi ei, tämä maa on kaunis --- Oh no, this land is so beautiful
    Tämä on ja pysyy ja jää --- This is and stays and remains
    Se, mikä on iskenyt minuun --- That which has struck me
    Ei voi tätä järkyttää --- Can't disturb this [can also be translated as "to shock" or "to unsettle"]

Tämä heleä, kostea multa --- This vivid, moist soil/mould/earth
    Tämä kirkkaus loppumaton --- This endless brightness ["brightness" can here be understood as the light and luminosity of Finnish summer]
    Se ei välitä, välitä vaikka --- It doesn't care, care even though
    Joku sydän murtunut on --- A heart is broken

(chorus)

Ja on tuulta ja tuoksua lauhaa --- And there's (some) wind and gentle/mild scent
    Ja linnunlaua soi --- And the singing of the birds rings
    Kun omassa rinnassani --- When in my own chest
    Sydän kuoleva vaikeroi --- A dying heart moans
    Vaikeroi --- Moans

(chorus)

Piiloistaan laulaa --- Sing from their hiding places

Raskaana riutuu aika palvelias --- Heavily pines the time serving ["heavily" would be directly translated as "as heavy", "serving" could be understood here as something, that is a willing servant]
    Taakkani rakkaus, syli polttava kai --- My burden (is) love, a lap perhaps burning ["lap" as in someone's lap or arms, "perhaps" here as rather distant and unimportant, as in "I guess"]
    Kuinka voin kieltää ja pettyä taas --- How can I deny and be disappointed again
    Petoksen virrasta voimani saan --- From the flow/stream of betrayal I gain my power/strenght

Ja pirut ne piiloistaan --- And the devils from their hiding places [the line continues directly in the chorus]

(chorus #1 )
    Laulaa laulua petettyjen --- Sing the song of the betrayed
    Se repii riimeillään --- It tears/shreds/rips with its rhymes
    Sieluun rytmiä pakanat lyö --- To the soul pagans beat a rhythm
    Ja aamu odottaa --- And the morning awaits

Virta pimeän maan mua vie mukanaan --- The flow/stream of the dark land carries me with it
    Riepottelee, repii luut lihoistaan --- pushes/throws me all around, rends the bones from their flesh ["push/throw" here as in very violently and so that there's nothing to do to stop it]
    En kertoa saata, mitä sieluni soi --- I couldn't/cannot tell, what my soul rings/sounds ["ring/sound" is the same word used for example in "a radio plays music"]
    Se ainoa ehjä, jonka Luojani loi --- The only whole/unhurt that my Creator created

Ja pirut ne piiloistaan --- And the devils from their hiding places
    Laulaa --- Sing

(chorus #2)
    Laulaa laulua petettyjen --- Sing the song of the betrayed
    Se repii riimeillään --- It tears/shreds/rips with its rhymes
    Varjoissa takoo tahtiaan --- In the shadows forge their beat ["forge" here is the same word used for hitting something with a hammer, usually on an anvil]
    Ja aamu odottaa --- And the morning awaits

(chorus #2)
    Last edited by Kalvaaja; 04-23-2009 at 02:32 AM.

7. Kalvaaja said:

Alla --- Under

Vie meitä varjot hiljaa --- The shadows silently take us
    Unten satamaan --- To the harbor of dreams
    Olet vaiti, vaikka tiedät --- You are silent, even though you know
    Myrskyn palaavan --- The storm will return

Taivas, se näytti meille --- Heaven, it showed us
    Merkit helvetin --- The signs of hell
    Kaarnalla ainoalla --- On the only bark
    Lepää ihminen --- Lies the man ["man" here as in human]

(chorus)
    Alla aaltojen se hiljenee --- Under the waves it quiets down ["it" here refers to a person, a common informal use of the word in Finnish]
    Sanan huuliltansa henkäisee --- Sighs a word from its lips

Hiljaa, kuin kuollut sointu --- Quietly, as a dead chord
    Kuiskaa varoen --- Whispers with care
    Virtensä ainoan --- (His/Her) only hymn
    Sen tuntee jokainen --- Everyone knows it

Nousee vielä kerran --- Rises/Stands up once more
    Päälle aaltojen --- Above the waves
    Kerran kuiskaus --- Once the whisper
    Käy päälle pilvien --- Calls above the clouds ["call" here could be translated in many, many ways, but I feel this represents the feeling rather well]

(chorus)

Ja käteen kurkottaa --- And reaches for/(to) a hand

(chorus)

Taivaan pirstaleet --- The fragments of heaven ["fragments" as in small broken pieces that are left of something, "heaven" could also be translated as "sky"]

(chorus)
    Taivaan pirstaleet --- The fragments of heaven
    Ovat sormeni halkoneet --- Have cut my fingers [literal translation would be "cut in two"]
    Niistä repaleista --- From those ragged wounds [it doesn't actually say the word "wound" here, but just "rags" wouldn't probably make much sense in terms of translation]
    Sanat viimeiset vuotaneet --- The last words have bled ["bled" could also be translated as "leaked"]

Niinkuin varjo seuraa --- Like a shadow follows
    Ne heikkoa hallitsee --- They rule the weak ["weak" here in singular]
    Vielä nousen kerran --- Once more I will rise
    Ja sieluni kahlitsen --- And chain my soul

(chorus)

Varjoina - As shadows [One of my favorites in all it's lenght]

Varjoina hiljaa hiipuu pois --- As shadows silently fades away
    Kurjan eloni syys --- The autumn of my miserable life
    Joka talvea ei odottaa voi --- That can't wait for the winter

Voin vaeltaa läpi unteni maat --- I can wander through the lands of my dreams/sleep
    Olla henkäys vain --- Be but a mere breath
    Joka vartesi taivuttaa --- That bends your body ["body" here actually translates "stem" or "shaft", but would be too confusing in English]

(chorus)
    Tule jo --- Come already
    Tule jo --- Come already
    Tule jo --- Come already
    Pian nousee vedet --- Soon the waters rise
    Valtaa maan ---Take over the land
    Meitä vie mukanaan --- Carry us with them

Harmaana virtaa pohjaton yö --- As gray flows the bottomless night
    Kulkee vainion taa --- Goes behind a meadow/field
    Meitä kuljettaa saa mukanaan --- Can carry us with it

Voit vaeltaa läpi untesi maat --- You can wander through the lands of your dreams/sleep
    Olla henkäys vain --- Be but a mere breath
    Joka vartesi taivuttaa --- That bends your body

(chorus)

Riuhtoo tuulet --- Winds haul/throw all around [means pretty much the same as the word in Piiloistaan laulaa]
    Ruoskii sateet -- The rains lash [again lashing as a whip does]

Riuhtoo tuulet --- Winds haul/throw all around
    Repii myrsky juurineen --- The storm rips/tears by the roots

I hope this helped!

8. mephistonh said:

You hope this helped?????

This is amaazziiinggg!!
    I have/know no words to thank you!!

It's nice to hear that you also got stunned by listening them.
    I never hoped for a reply of that kind (being: all lyrics and their translation!!)
    In Finnish the lyrics felt very poetic already, but it's really nice
    to know the meaning of it all now. Because with my small Finnish
    knowledge it was impossible. It's fantastic how they can create
    an atmosphere with the music and way of singing
    that is really in line of the lyrics.

Thank you so much for everything!

9. mephistonh said:

Maybe one more thing... what does your name here "kalvaaja" actually mean?
    you see my finnish ain't reaching far i tried to look it up, but can't find it and don't have a clue which might be the basic word.

10. Kalvaaja said:

Well actually it doesn't mean anything it's a "Finnished" version of my older nick, that my friend just started using for no bigger reason. Later I started using it too and replaced my old nick with it. In a way it's close to the word "kalvaa", which is a verb translating roughly into "to gnaw" or "to bother". But basically my nick has no deeper meaning, as it's just a "poor man's translation" of another word

11. sardonyx said:

What about the next album Lento?

1.Alkusoitto
    2.Viipyvä virta
    3.Hauras
    4.Pelkkä ihminen
    5.Kuuletko
    6.Liian pimeä
    7.Murheenlaulaja
    8.Palasia
    9.Veli
    10.Ei viha
    11.Kuinka me voimme
    12.Loppusoitto

12. Kaventaja said:

Here goes nothing...

Harmaja - Hauras // Harmaja - Fragile

Hän on vain kun katso en // She / (Or he) only exists when I don't look
    Ja tuulen vire ennen hämärää // And the ripple of the wind before the dusk
    Siihen toivon että jäät // There, I hope you stay
    Suljen silmät aika katoaa // I close my eyes, time disappears

Ja kulkee kylmä hetki pariimme // And come the cold moment to us [When someone or something sort of floats in there, slowly and peacefully]
    Olet hauras kuin jää // You are fragile as ice
    Ja kulkee kylmä hetki pariimme // And come the cold moment to us
    Olet siinä kun herään // You are there when I wake

Ja kulkee kylmä hetki väliimme // And come the cold moment to us
    Olet hauras kuin jää // You are fragile as ice
    Ja kulkee kylmä hetki väliimme // And come the cold moment to us
    Olet siinä kun herään // You are there when I wake

(I just came from Harmaja gig, they really rule...)

13. Kaventaja said:

Post Harmaja - Viipyvä virta // Lingerin stream

Ole viipyvä virta // Be a lingerin stream
    Käy vaeltamaan // Start to wander
    Alle kaartuvaan taivaan // Beneath the curving skies
    Ole hiipuva tuuli // Be the weakening wind
    Ja siltani mahdottomaan // And my bridge to impossible

Siivenisku // Strike of a wind
    Hetki hetkeltä // Moment by moment
    Tavoittamattomaan // To out of reach

Minä äänesi kuulen // I hear your voice
    Tai kuvittelen // Or imagine
    Kuinka kuiskaus vieläkin // How whisper still
    Se soi // rings

Ethän kaukana ollut // You weren't far?
    Vain unissa viipyvä vaan // Only in dreams you linger

Siivenisku // Strike of wing
    Hetki hetkeltä // Moment by moment
    Tavoittamattomaan // To out of reach

Tänä yönä taas valvon // Tonight, I stay awake again
    Kun hiljenee maa // When world quiets down
    Satamaan vaeltajaa // To harbor wanders (This I don't really understand in finnish either, but it sounds like "harbor", "haven" or "dock" and "wander)

Olen hiipuva tuuli // I'am a lingering wind
    Ja sillat teen mahdottomaan // And make bridges to impossibility

Tänä yönä taas valvon // Tonight, I stay awake again
    Kun hiljenee maa // When world quites down
    Satamaan vaeltajaa // To harbor wanders

Olen hiipuva tuuli //I'am a lingerin wind
    Ja sillat teen mahdottomaan // And bridges I make, to impossibility

(Requests, comments and stuff: apersoona AT gmail.com)

14. zaambrus said:

could you translate ,,Pelkkä ihminen,, as well,please.thanks

15. Kaventaja said:

Default Harmaja - Pelkkä Ihminen

Harmaja - Pelkkä Ihminen // Just a man

Niin huomaamatta // So imperceptibly
    Viet pohjan alta // You take away ground below my feet
    Ja paikoilleni jään // And I remain
    Pelkoineni hämärään // With my fears in the dark
    Virumaan kuin kuolemaan // Languishing like dying

Ei paljoa jää // Not much left
    Kun kaiken pois // When all away
    Tuo tumman mielen syys // The depth of dark mind
    Vain varjoihinsa virittyy // Gets tuned to only shadows
    Ja kurimukseen kuristuu // And gets strangled by maelstrom

Soi kunniaksi tuon kurjan luojan // In honor of that dismal creator rings
    Vain riimit joista jää // From whom only rhymes
    Ei säveltäkään elämään // Not a single note left alive

[This part is incredibly hard to translate. But the point is that, not a single rhyme nor a single note is left alive from the song which is played in honor of the creator]

Olen pelkkä ihminen // I am just a man
    Joka kestäisi vaikka katkeaa // Who would endure although snap
    Kulkemalla tätä tietä katkeraa // By walking this bitter road

Ja kaiken luulin // And everything I thought
    Jo tielle tulleen // Already crossed my path
    Vaan enpä pimeää // But not darkness
    Näin suurta mikä selättää // So great that it forces me on my back

Joka kestäisi vaikka katkeaa // Who would endure although snap
    Kulkemalla tätä tietä katkeraa // By walking this bitter road

Niin huomaamatta // So imperceptibly
    Viet pohjan alta // You take away ground below me
    Ja paikoilleni jään // And I remain
    Pelkoineni hämärään // With my fears in the dark
    Virumaan kuin kuolemaan // Languishing like dying

(Didn't have my record with me, so I had to listen from YouTube and translate by ear only)

16. zaambrus said:

Thanks a lot,I m really grateful for your help. Ive just started to learn finnish,but it seems really hard.
    Im hungarian,and there is supposed to be some similarity in the languages,but I cant really find it.
    thanks again

17. zaambrus said:

veli,and Kuinka me voimme, please,if you have some time

18. valoilmie said:

Hi there! I tried translating the song Kuinka Me Voimme. I don't have the record, I listened to the song in YouTube and I hope I heard things correctly.

Kuinka me voimme
    //Actually there's two ways to translate this: "How can we" and "How are we (doing)", the last one is like how psychiatrists ask their patients. People seems to think the last one is correct way but I don't know.

Hopeista lankaa
    //Silvery yarn
    Kuin muisto eli
    //Like a memory so
    Kehrääkin se, silloin päässäni soi
    //Its spinning the yarn, and at that time it rings in my head
    (Se soi)
    (//It rings)
    Rakastin aamuja joiden kirpeys havahdutti
    //I loved mornings whose bitterness woke me
    Varomaan
    //To be careful
    Tämä kestä ei näin
    //This won't last like this

Chorus:
    Kuinka me voimme
    //How can we
    Luopua näin
    //Give up (something) like this
    Kun viimeistä kertaa
    //When for the last time
    Käy elämä päin
    //Life is coming towards
    Kuinka me voimme
    //How can we
    Kuinka me selviydytään
    //How can we survive

Olet olematta
    //You are not being
    Kuin varjo, kaipaamatta
    //Like a shadow, missing nothing
    Olet kuolematon
    //You are immortal
    Sinä tuntematon
    //You unknown
    Koleana horjuu aamut joista listaan parhaat
    //Bleak, faltering mornings, I list the best ones
    Näistä kirjaa ei saa
    //You can't make a book out of these
    Ei lausettakaan
    //Not even a sentence

Chorus

La la la la~

Uh-huh. This was hard to translate, and the translation doesn't look too good.

"It rings in my head", "Soi päässäni" In finnish means that you can hear some kind of sounds/talking in your head. it usually means thoughts or other normal things.

I translated kuinka me voimme to how can we in chorus, because then it matches with other lines better, in my opinion.

The first couple lines are the ones I'm most unsure of. But I think it basically means that he is comparing his thinking to spinning yarn.

I hope this helped! You can ask if something is unclear. Also other Finns can try to hear the song better, I'm not so good at that

19. zaambrus said:

Thank you,I know its hard to translate a song but at least you Finn and you know what its all about. Im a bit lost with my small dictionary,
    Would you do the ,,Veli,, as well please, cos ,its hard to fnd a Finn here Who could help me.thanks again

20. valoilmie said:

Hi! I would like to translate Veli as well, but I can't find neither the song nor lyrics for it.. If you find either one, I can translate it to you. Btw veli means brother