sincerely from istanbul

Thread: sincerely from istanbul

Tags: None
  1. balbalkan said:

Smile sincerely from istanbul

Hi

This is Banu who is a fan of Balkan music & culture from Istanbul.

I was just 9 years old when I first listent to a song from Balkans, and that was it... I was deep in love simply!

Now I'm trying to collect any albums of Balkan bands (and Brass bands) I can find in Istanbul (and of course with a reasonable price lol)

Yesterday I bought an albume of Fanfare Ciocarlia ~ Iag Bari

I've been listening the song "Lume, lume" a thousand time since I bought it!
    Just magical... (And maybe because I've been to two funerals of my dearest uncles since the new year's eve)

All I understand from google searches that the song is about the meaning of life and death. But unfortunatelly I don't know Romani (if the song is in Romani though)

As a new member I'd be so pleased if someone could translate the lyrics of "Lume, lume" to English. (I'm sorry if it's already translated in here, but I couldn't find it inside the forum)

Thank you all,
    Best wishes from Istanbul,
    Banu

Berna said:

Welcome to ATL Banu!
    I hope you'll have fun here!

aylin said:

Hoşgeldin Banu

I was 9 years old too when I first listen to Turkish songs. And so far Turkey is my huge love. But unfortunately, I couldn't speak it yet . I'm still learning Turkish. Hoping I could speak it soon. İyi günler

Tahira said:

Merhabe ! Welcome to this forums; as far as I know Fanfare is a gipsy´s band and I think there are some amazing somgs sung by Esma (a very famous gipsy singer)

At least I could find the lyrics for Lume Lume, maybe someone can help with translation

Lume, Lume
    (with “The Bulgarian Voices
    ANGELITE')

Lume Lume soro lume
    Lume lume soro lume
    Ca asa e lumea trecatoare
    Unul naste si altul moare
    Lume soro lume
    Cel ce naste chifueste
    Cel ce moare petrezeste
    Lume soro lume

Caci de mama si de tata
    Nu te saturi nici o data
    Lume soro lume
    Si de frati si de surori
    Nu te saturi pina mori
    Lume soro lume

5. balbalkan said:

Default Thank you and Lume,lume

Berna, and Aylin... Thank you for greetings

Tahira, I do thank you too.

I found another version of Lume, lume on internet by chance.

The older version which was sung by Maria Tanase (a Romanian singer) on a non-profit website about Romania.

I would love to share both Romanian, and English words of it from that website. Should I write it here, or on another page?

Thank you all!