Alsou - Tugan Tel (Album): translation need from Russian or Tatar

Thread: Alsou - Tugan Tel (Album): translation need from Russian or Tatar

Tags: None

TheNuttyOne said:

currently all central asian languages that were part of the USSR or are a part of Russia now (tatar, kazakh,tajik etc) use Cyrillic but some (like Uzbek) have been moving to the Latin script over the last couple of years

2. P@ul@Br said:

Quote Originally Posted by TheNuttyOne View Post
    currently all central asian languages that were part of the USSR or are a part of Russia now (tatar, kazakh,tajik etc) use Cyrillic but some (like Uzbek) have been moving to the Latin script over the last couple of years
    Yeah,the most of the texts in uzbek are using the Latin script.

3. P@ul@Br said:

Quote Originally Posted by _did_ View Post
    You are welcome, P@ul@Br! That must have been a really long-awaited translation, I guess
    Maybe for Pablo!I'm not very fond of Ak Chisme. I prefer "Sandugach","Ak Kaen" and "Ufa Yukelere".

haydee said:

Quote Originally Posted by _did_ View Post
    haydee, according to the Federal Act No 165 FZ of December 11, 2002 [I'm sure, it's familiar to you ;-) ] that actually introduces a number of amendments to article 6 of the Federal Law "On Languages of Peoples of Russian Federation" (1991), the languages of all the peoples living on the territory of the Russian Federation are to be developed in the Cyrillic script only. Nevertheless, taking into account the fact that Tatars have already used a Latin-based alphabet (from 1928 until 1939, when Stalin forcibly decreed the switch to Cyrillic; before 1928 the Tatar language was written using the Arabic alphabet) and, thus, it (the aforementioned alphabet) has been sufficiently developed ever since, it's well-grounded to employ the latin script as well, just as i did, as long as the question of which script the Tatar writing system should be based on still remains a matter of heated debates and requires further discussions.
    Wow, thanks for such detailed answer!
    But what's your opinion, what alphabet does represent sounds of Tatar language better?

_did_ said:

Post ...

Quote Originally Posted by haydee View Post
    Wow, thanks for such detailed answer!
    But what's your opinion, what alphabet does represent sounds of Tatar language better?
    It is claimed that the Latin script is more suitable in this respect as it allows to determine the phonemic structure of Tatar words with greater precision. And I quite agree with this standpoint.

_did_ said:

Post ...

Quote Originally Posted by TheNuttyOne View Post
    The Russian Federal Centre declared the idea of adoption of the Latin script "the political separatism" and "a threat to Russian national security". Though personally I can't detect anything jeopardising the state's national security in the possibility of such transition. It's rather disappointing to realise again and again that politics is such an inconceivably mighty a machine that it can enter any sphere one might fancy At times the decisions made border outrageously on nonsense. Anyway, I don't see a big problem in the whole matter. What is more important is that, be it Latin or Cyrillic, it doesn't hinder communication established between people. The problem of which alphabet to use is more of a formal character for me.

_did_ said:

Talking anywhere around

Quote Originally Posted by P@ul@Br View Post
    Maybe for Pablo!I'm not very fond of Ak Chisme. I prefer "Sandugach","Ak Kaen" and "Ufa Yukelere".
    I see
    That must have been a TOO long-awaited translation for Pablo then, as he seem to have lost any hope in ever getting one
    no signs of presence
    Poor lil thing!