[solved] Identification and lyrics please, help!

Thread: [solved] Identification and lyrics please, help!

Tags: None

Yrishka said:

Default [solved] Identification and lyrics please, help!

Hi everyone,

I recently got a cd that had no label, and has a very cute sha3bi song on there that I would like to know the translation of. However, with me not speaking Arabic yet and unable to identify the singer, I don't have much to go on except a description.

The song starts very up-tempo, you hear some people yelling in the background and then the singer starts saying "Aah ah ooh, aah aah ah ooh, aah ah ooh, aah aah ah ooh".

That much I have, lol. It's a very funny song. Oh yeah, later ni the song he says "wana wana wana..." and then you hear him growl, lol.

Does anybody know what I am talking about?

Any help is MUCH welcomed!!

LOUIE said:

does he say wanna wanna wanna wanna a3mel ayh sounds familiar ?
    ?? ???? ?? ????? ????? ?????? ? ??? ??????? ???? ?????

El raisa said:

Oh , I had the same idea as Louie:
    Hisham 3abas: Wa Ana a3mel ayh
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIQlkArMQw4
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
    — Albert Einstein

Tahira said:

Me, too.
    Its very famous, it can be found also on the turkish Mezdeke CDs and there exists also a greek version of this song.
    Very popular.

Yrishka said:

Hi everybody,

thanks for your replies, no it's not Hisham Abbas. The voice of the singer I am talking about sounds very raw, almost like older Egyptian songs like the ones of Metkal Kenawy. It might be an old song too, I don't know, it just has a really really raw sha3bi feel to it.

The wana wana part sounds like "wana wana wana... (or wala??)" he repeats this a lot and at one time he growls.

Hisham's song is beautiful, but way too smooth for the one i'm talking about

Edit: I just uploaded the song for you to hear. Here's the link to my 4shared account:
    http://www.4shared.com/file/10205599...44/Shaabi.html

I really hope you can help!
    Last edited by Yrishka; 04-27-2009 at 02:26 PM.

Tahira said:

Oh sorry, I cannot help any further. I know Metkal Kenawy. Some of the songs are also coverred by a band called "the sultans" but I am not sure if this is an usefull hint

Yrishka said:

Dear Tahira,

no problem, thanks for the tip!! I'll definitely look into the Sultans.

If anybody is willing to listen to the clip and may be able to recognize the song or the singer, I'd still be verrrry grateful

El raisa said:

I heard it , He is saying (El limby) , that is the name of a comic folic (sha3bi) movie character in serial movie by the name of (The Limby) ..2 or 3 movies I think.

I think that The one who is singing is not a singer , It is the actor who played the Limby role , his name is Mohamed Sa3d .
    I did not manage to find you the original clip , but here is the character that we are talking about
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDwNlyG4cKo

Hope this was helpful
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
    — Albert Einstein

Yrishka said:

Dear El Raisa, you made my day!!!
    Thank you SO much for the info. What does El Limby mean? And could you give me some pointers as to the meaning of the lyrics?

You've been really really helpful already!!!

El raisa said:

You are wilcome
    El limby has no meaning , just funny name , never heard it before the movie !

The Lyrics is funny , just how he is wearing , enjoying foot ball , he is always right , his behavior .., love women..
    He is that kind of character that always seems drunk or drugged , so you can not really get what he is saying !
    I am not fond of him , but he was popular !!
    — Albert Einstein