Slovene chit-chat off topic discussions

Thread: Slovene chit-chat off topic discussions

Tags: None

tedinkyyy said:

Hh^^ Hvala lepa :P But I think before I get into the tenses( I know some... future tense is with"bom/bos/bo") I should learn the pronounciation it's so difficult! I watched so many interviews( mostly of Sanja :lol) in order to learn it cuz Slovenian isn't pronounced as it's written... I wonder when u say"e" more like "i".I think it's when e is stressed... but it confuses me a lot.Sometimes I hear it more like "e".Sometimes more like "i".Grrr! It's kinda hard.Especially in songs it's a pure "i".Like Damjan Murko singing" srIcen ker sem moski da ljubim zInsko...".But I've heard it as"zEnska" too.Also u pronounce sometimes "e" like "ъ".U don't say in fact "sEm" but "sЪm"(like the Turkish sound".And in some cases u say "u" instead of "v".Lol In the Russian wikipedia they wrote bout Slovenian language that it's really hard^^I'm more and more convinced it's true But I've taken up with it and no way back
    Eins.. hier kommt die Sonne
    Zwei..hier kommt die Sonne
    Drei.. hier kommt die Sonne
    Vier
    Fünf
    Sechs
    Sieben..
    Acht..
    Neun.....
    Ich hab' keine Lust.

merdzina005* said:

Quote Originally Posted by tedinkyyy View Post
    Hh^^ Hvala lepa :P But I think before I get into the tenses( I know some... future tense is with"bom/bos/bo") I should learn the pronounciation it's so difficult! I watched so many interviews( mostly of Sanja :lol) in order to learn it cuz Slovenian isn't pronounced as it's written... I wonder when u say"e" more like "i".I think it's when e is stressed... but it confuses me a lot.Sometimes I hear it more like "e".Sometimes more like "i".Grrr! It's kinda hard.Especially in songs it's a pure "i".Like Damjan Murko singing" srIcen ker sem moski da ljubim zInsko...".But I've heard it as"zEnska" too.Also u pronounce sometimes "e" like "ъ".U don't say in fact "sEm" but "sЪm"(like the Turkish sound".And in some cases u say "u" instead of "v".Lol In the Russian wikipedia they wrote bout Slovenian language that it's really hard^^I'm more and more convinced it's true But I've taken up with it and no way back
    Ok. ^^
    Pronounciation...
    You'll learn... L is sometimes pronounced as u but that only at the end of a sentence. Like:
    Postal sem pilot. (postau)
    The most it's used in past tenses...
    And v is also pronounced as u sometimes.
    Lestev - A ladder (lesteu)
    Well Slovenian is hard. It's the same with me and Turkish. Only 2 weeks to go and then Turkish becomes a serius thing to me. :P I'll learn like crazy. ^^

tedinkyyy said:

That "l" changing into "u" resembles the Serbian "o" that replaces the bulgarian "l" ^^.Like: bg - Zhal mi e. srb: Žao mi je.^^
    Well,could u explain that with "e" that's considered"sharp"? I think i got that with v^^
    Uhh also can u tell me some simple words/qustions.. I know that
    kdo=who
    kje=where
    kam=to where
    kako=how
    kot=like
    kaj=what
    zakaj = why
    ko=when doing.../happening..like "ko snezi" :lol but is the simple "when" ko too? like :When is ur birthday- Ko je tvoj rojstni dan?
    Hmm..also I think
    Kdo si ti?=Who r u?
    Kje si zdaj? = Where r u now?
    Kam greš zdaj?=Where r u going now?
    Kako si?=How r u?
    Kaj delaš?= What r u doing?
    Zakaj misliš tako? /Zakaj tako misliš ?= Why do u think that way?
    Ti si kot moja sestra.-Ur like my sister :lol I think the last is wrong.
    also "karte na mizo"means"cards on the table",right? I got it recently in a song of Sanja^^ "naj resnica še ta ko zaboli" - "the thing that still hurts should be the truth",is it right?
    Vier
    Fünf
    Sechs
    Sieben..
    Acht..
    Neun.....
    Ich hab' keine Lust.

merdzina005* said:

That "l" changing into "u" resembles the Serbian "o" that replaces the bulgarian "l" ^^.Like: bg - Zhal mi e. srb: Žao mi je.^^
    Well,could u explain that with "e" that's considered"sharp"? I think i got that with v^^
    Uhh also can u tell me some simple words/qustions.. I know that
    kdo=who
    kje=where
    kam=to where
    kako=how
    kot=like
    kaj=what
    zakaj = why
    ko=when doing.../happening..like "ko snezi" :lol but is the simple "when" ko too? like :When is ur birthday- Ko je tvoj rojstni dan?
    Hmm..also I think
    Kdo si ti?=Who r u?
    Kje si zdaj? = Where r u now?
    Kam greš zdaj?=Where r u going now?
    Kako si?=How r u?
    Kaj delaš?= What r u doing?
    Zakaj misliš tako? /Zakaj tako misliš ?= Why do u think that way?
    Ti si kot moja sestra.-Ur like my sister :lol I think the last is wrong.
    also "karte na mizo"means"cards on the table",right? I got it recently in a song of Sanja^^ "naj resnica še ta ko zaboli" - "the thing that still hurts should be the truth",is it right?
    Yeah it does resemble. :P
    Well SLovenian has 5 vowels but if we count the sounds of them too it has 8 vowels.
    A (This has only one and the same sound: /a/.)
    E (This has three sounds: narrow /e/, wide /Ɛ/, reduced vowel /ə/. You remember the Turkish letter. /ı/)
    I (One sound: /i/)
    O (Two sounds: narrow /o/, wide /Ɔ/)
    U (One sound: /u/)
    I'll repeat them all:
    Kdo? - Who?
    Kje? - Where
    Kam? - Where (to)?
    Kako? - How?
    Kot... - As/like... (It isn't really a question.)
    Kaj? - What?
    Zakaj? - Why?
    Ko... - When... (This isn't a question too. You can't say 'Ko je tvoj rojstni dan?'. It strange but you can say 'Kdaj je tvoj rojstni dan? Ko is only a conjunction.)
    Kdaj? - When?
    Ti si kot moja sestra. (Your translation is right. :P)
    Karte na mizo. (This translation is right too.)
    What song of Sanja?
    Naj resnica še tako zaboli. (This is kinda a hard to translate. It means like: Don't care if the truth hurts so much. It's not literally translated. I only wanted to tell you in what way is this sentence used.)
    Naj resnica še tako zaboli, se bom vseeno borila do konca.
    Even if the truth hurts so badly, I'm gonna still figth till end. (Again not literally.)
    I hope you understand this sentence.

tedinkyyy said:

Hmm...I'm becoming more and more convinced that the Slovenian pronounciation is one of the most terrible to study I just feel I'll have a hard time getting used to it... but I really wanna speak it
    Uhh if u tell me where to pronounce each of the 3 e and 2 o it will be just great of ya^^ It's so confusing...I only know that "e' is pronounced more like"i" when stressed but not always... I watched that show with Sanja,Sabrina and Alma^^i watched it whole and I listened very carefully how were they speaking^^But I really can't get how to pronounce "dekle" for example...sometimes i heard it as "dekli" sometimes as" dekle"... uff I began wondering if I have some problem with my ears :lol
    The song of Sanja is called"Ognjeni ples" - some kinda "hot dance":lol I know ognjeni isn't hot in fact.It's like the Bulgarian word "ognen" but I don't know the word in English.It's quite an old song I think...I found it in e-mule and it hasn't got a videoclip.
    It's so funny recently...u may not know but i put this photo of Sanja Grohar http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ageID=34000614 on my profile at youtube and at skype and so many people asked me if this am I especially in skype a boy wrote to me saying "ohh ur so sexy,is that u here "...and i wrote with big letters at youtube "No,it isn't me at the background picture!!!It's Sanja Grohar! Haha has somebody ever taken Sertab at ur picture for u
    Vier
    Fünf
    Sechs
    Sieben..
    Acht..
    Neun.....
    Ich hab' keine Lust.

merdzina005* said:

Hmm...I'm becoming more and more convinced that the Slovenian pronounciation is one of the most terrible to study I just feel I'll have a hard time getting used to it... but I really wanna speak it
    Uhh if u tell me where to pronounce each of the 3 e and 2 o it will be just great of ya^^ It's so confusing...I only know that "e' is pronounced more like"i" when stressed but not always... I watched that show with Sanja,Sabrina and Alma^^i watched it whole and I listened very carefully how were they speaking^^But I really can't get how to pronounce "dekle" for example...sometimes i heard it as "dekli" sometimes as" dekle"... uff I began wondering if I have some problem with my ears :lol
    The song of Sanja is called"Ognjeni ples" - some kinda "hot dance":lol I know ognjeni isn't hot in fact.It's like the Bulgarian word "ognen" but I don't know the word in English.It's quite an old song I think...I found it in e-mule and it hasn't got a videoclip.
    It's so funny recently...u may not know but i put this photo of Sanja Grohar http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ageID=34000614 on my profile at youtube and at skype and so many people asked me if this am I especially in skype a boy wrote to me saying "ohh ur so sexy,is that u here "...and i wrote with big letters at youtube "No,it isn't me at the background picture!!!It's Sanja Grohar! Haha has somebody ever taken Sertab at ur picture for u
    You'll learn. :P
    Dekle. There's a wide e at the end.
    http://sl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samoglasnik
    I've copied those vowels from this site but if you want to know everything about vowels I can translate it for you.
    I think there's nothing wrong with your ears. I'm just sad that I can tell you how to pronounce it right but I don't have a microphone nor spyke so there's gonna be a problem.
    Ognjeni ples. - Fiery dance. :P
    Doesn't Sanja Sovec sing that? I thought you were talking about Sanja Grohar. :P Hh^^ She has a videoclip... Sanja Sovec - Ognjeni ples
    Haha. :P You have lots of fans than thanks to Sanja's photo. ^^
    No I don't have problems. People just know this isn't me. Maybe because on my Youtube site her name is repeated so many times. Hahahaha... :P^^

tedinkyyy said:

I think I need some translation really I got some things but I should get EVERYTHING ...
    There's no problem u don't have a micfrophone^^I learn how to pronounce by watching interviews Though sometimes I really think my ears don't hear well :lol
    Yes!It's the same song but I have it being sang by Sanja Grohar for sure cuz that voice from the video is different from the one singing on my mp3-player I recognize the voice of Grohar and,moreover, it was written at the title - Sanja Grohar- Ognjeni ples... but I didn't know it isn't actually a song of her... I found some more but I didn't like them too much.There was a song "Moja noc" which I think is really of Grohar...and some other "Hocem v postejo" that I don't know what means.But I've only heard them.I don't have them on my player^^Yes,exactly "fiery" is ognjeni :lol in blg too.I meant that.
    Hm..yep people(especially men) find Sanja sexy.Oh when searching in e-mule for files"Sanja Grohar" there are so many with title"sanjagrohar_playboy" haha e-mule connects u with computers with all the world and u download from what they contain..that means that many people(most probably men) have Sanja's nude pics in their PC-s I guess they enjoy them really...^^
    And yep,Sertab is repeated many times on ur profile... she should know some day what kinda great fan has she from Slovenia^^ u should write to her in some way^^
    Vier
    Fünf
    Sechs
    Sieben..
    Acht..
    Neun.....
    Ich hab' keine Lust.

merdzina005* said:

I think I need some translation really I got some things but I should get EVERYTHING ...
    There's no problem u don't have a micfrophone^^I learn how to pronounce by watching interviews Though sometimes I really think my ears don't hear well :lol
    Yes!It's the same song but I have it being sang by Sanja Grohar for sure cuz that voice from the video is different from the one singing on my mp3-player I recognize the voice of Grohar and,moreover, it was written at the title - Sanja Grohar- Ognjeni ples... but I didn't know it isn't actually a song of her... I found some more but I didn't like them too much.There was a song "Moja noc" which I think is really of Grohar...and some other "Hocem v postejo" that I don't know what means.But I've only heard them.I don't have them on my player^^Yes,exactly "fiery" is ognjeni :lol in blg too.I meant that.
    Hm..yep people(especially men) find Sanja sexy.Oh when searching in e-mule for files"Sanja Grohar" there are so many with title"sanjagrohar_playboy" haha e-mule connects u with computers with all the world and u download from what they contain..that means that many people(most probably men) have Sanja's nude pics in their PC-s I guess they enjoy them really...^^
    And yep,Sertab is repeated many times on ur profile... she should know some day what kinda great fan has she from Slovenia^^ u should write to her in some way^^
    OK. ^^ I'm glad you can learn pronounciation from the net. :P
    I didn't know she sang that song as well. 'Moja noč' means 'My Night' and 'Hočem v posteljo' means 'I want to go to bed'.
    Men are men. Hehe...
    I could write to her because she's on Twitter. ^^ But I don' know what to write. Haha^^ That's just me. I remember when I was Ruslana's fan and wanted badly to say something to her but when it came to writing I don't know what to write. ^^ I think she already heard millions of times that she has the best voice in the world and that she's a unique singer. ^^

9. YoUnG_Cash said:

hi are you from slovakia

10. YoUnG_Cash said:

merdzina005* hi

merdzina005* said:

Quote Originally Posted by YoUnG_Cash View Post
    hi are you from slovakia
    Hello.
    No, I'm not from Slovakia.
    I'm from Slovenia. ^^
    It is true that the flags are really similar.
    The same order of colours:
    white
    blue
    red =P

tedinkyyy said:

wow I saw that posts too... some ppl really amaze me with questions bout absolutely clearly notable things... it's written on her profile that she's from Ljubljana,SLOVENIA... If I were a Slovene I'd surely feel offended if sb mistakes my country with Slovakia...
    Živjo Merina I was surprised to see ya so early in the day here and at msn too
    How was ur last- school-day? What happened with the eggs
    I wish I could play the piano too...all the ppl told me my fingers are just perfect for it - so long and thin... but I was stubborn I don't wanna piano classes...stupid kid
    Vier
    Fünf
    Sechs
    Sieben..
    Acht..
    Neun.....
    Ich hab' keine Lust.

tedinkyyy said:

sorry double post... the server blocked at a moment...
    Last edited by tedinkyyy; 06-14-2009 at 04:44 AM.
    Vier
    Fünf
    Sechs
    Sieben..
    Acht..
    Neun.....
    Ich hab' keine Lust.

merdzina005* said:

wow I saw that posts too... some ppl really amaze me with questions bout absolutely clearly notable things... it's written on her profile that she's from Ljubljana,SLOVENIA... If I were a Slovene I'd surely feel offended if sb mistakes my country with Slovakia...
    Živjo Merina I was surprised to see ya so early in the day here and at msn too
    How was ur last- school-day? What happened with the eggs
    I wish I could play the piano too...all the ppl told me my fingers are just perfect for it - so long and thin... but I was stubborn I don't wanna piano classes...stupid kid
    I know it's strange. Maybe he didn't see there Ljubljana, Slovenia coz' some people just don't look at it.
    Well, I walk up early today. ^^ Couldn't really sleep. ^^
    It was fun actually. ^^ The 8th graders were hiding in the school and the teachers were protecting them. The teachers were letting them out even through fire stairs. :P But then we started to get bored so we started to water each other. But not with eggs but with a pure water. Hh^^ Some 8th grader came in and they watered him as well. Only my T-shirt was wet so they watered my jeans as well. :P I was totally wet. They all were. :P Hahaha^^ It was a real party. ^^
    I'm not so good yet at the piano. ^^ I'm learning from the net. :P It's still hard to me to play with both hands but I'll hope I'll learn someday. =) It's never to late to start, Teddy.

tedinkyyy said:

I'm afraid for me it is. I'm too old really. And too lazy...which is the main problem =)
    U should buy a piano if u wanna become good.^^ I had a friend that had piano classes for few years and her teacher told her in the end there's no point in studying further if she doesn't have a piano at home.
    Hey u Slovenes say "igram" for playing an instrumnet right? Also there was a word like the German "spielen" which is play too^^
    And these days I had the bad luck to hear one more song of the so-called "Atomik-harmonik", some kinda "choko-chokolada"... omg... tragedy...
    Vier
    Fünf
    Sechs
    Sieben..
    Acht..
    Neun.....
    Ich hab' keine Lust.

merdzina005* said:

I'm afraid for me it is. I'm too old really. And too lazy...which is the main problem =)
    U should buy a piano if u wanna become good.^^ I had a friend that had piano classes for few years and her teacher told her in the end there's no point in studying further if she doesn't have a piano at home.
    Hey u Slovenes say "igram" for playing an instrumnet right? Also there was a word like the German "spielen" which is play too^^
    And these days I had the bad luck to hear one more song of the so-called "Atomik-harmonik", some kinda "choko-chokolada"... omg... tragedy...
    Hh^^ Well I still think it's never too late to start.
    I have one but not a real piano. I have Yamaha keyboard.
    Did she stop or did she buy herself a piano?
    Yes we do. Jaz igram klavir. ^^
    I know. ^^ But I love čokolada. Njami. ^^ :P:P

tedinkyyy said:

She gave up but for another reason- she had to prepare for exams and didn't have time
    I don't know why but I find always some stupid singers from Slovenia well excepting Grohar and Lendero and some others that SuperGirl recommended for me :P I came across a video of some Mirna Reynolds and everybody commented how stupid she is.I thought Damjan Murko is the most neglected but she turns out to be his concuration
    yesterday evening I FINALLY found something that would really help me with Slovenian .I was very surprised but the Bulgarian wikipedia offers a short Slovenian grammer journal.It's awesome cuz it's in Bulgarian and it contains everything.I got IN THE END this damn pronaunciation so I'll change the topic of my learning thread and I'll ask only about words.It would be kinda easier for ya just to tell me how it's a word or phrase in Slovenian?
    Vier
    Fünf
    Sechs
    Sieben..
    Acht..
    Neun.....
    Ich hab' keine Lust.

merdzina005* said:

She gave up but for another reason- she had to prepare for exams and didn't have time
    I don't know why but I find always some stupid singers from Slovenia well excepting Grohar and Lendero and some others that SuperGirl recommended for me :P I came across a video of some Mirna Reynolds and everybody commented how stupid she is.I thought Damjan Murko is the most neglected but she turns out to be his concuration
    yesterday evening I FINALLY found something that would really help me with Slovenian .I was very surprised but the Bulgarian wikipedia offers a short Slovenian grammer journal.It's awesome cuz it's in Bulgarian and it contains everything.I got IN THE END this damn pronaunciation so I'll change the topic of my learning thread and I'll ask only about words.It would be kinda easier for ya just to tell me how it's a word or phrase in Slovenian?
    What a pitty but that's a good reason.
    Well take a look at those singers: Omar Naber, Alenka Godec, Rebeka Dremelj, Helena Blagne, Jan Plestenjak, Domen Kumer, Magnifico, Tanja Žagar, Natalija Verboten, Nuša Derenda, Anika Horvat, Anja Rupel,...
    I think it's enough. From Mirna I like only Zdravnik.
    Great that you kinda understand pronounciation. :P
    I'll be happy to help you with words and rules in Slovene language. ^^

merdzina005* said:

I forgot.
    A word for phrase in Slovene is fraza. ^^

Gil said:

There, another Slovenian barging in here Though I mostly registered for the Finnish/Swedish songs, but I can help here, too