The Bulgarian Cuisine

Thread: The Bulgarian Cuisine

Tags: None

crazytofik said:

Quote Originally Posted by tedinkyyy View Post
    Само че "кебапчИ" ще кажат точно в нашия регион.Казва се "кебапче" :d
    Да, но исках да кажа в множенствено число ... едно кебапче, но три кебапчи нали ?
    София, Пловдив, Варна, Бургас, чалга до дупка - купона е при нас.

2. lucia9 said:

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by I'm unstoppable View Post
    Here the recipe

Mekici

What do you need? : 2 eggs, yoghurt (more than a half of a jar), 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon baking soda (sodium bicarbonate), flour as much as it takes, cooking oil for frying

Making: Whip the eggs, and then add the yoghurt and the salt to them. Mix the baking soda and the flour, and then sift the flour with the help of a bolter. When that action is done, make a “crater” in the flour and pour the egg mixture out the “crater” and start making dough. The dough must be soft (but not too soft or too diluted). Leave the dough for 30-40 minutes. Then make balls from the dough and start stretching the balls one by one as long as they take on the shape of normal circles. Then put this circles in a boiling cooking oil (use a frying pan). Fry the Mekici on the all sides until they become golden. You can eat them with jam or powdered with sugar.

I hope that’s what you wanted
    Yeah it's okey! Thank you!! Anyway, i think i will go to a bulgarian house and thay could show me also how to do it, because this way helps but it's a bit hard if you have never seen how to prepare the foods!
    Muchas gracias I'm unstoppable!
    ["Comment veux-tu qu'la terre tourne ŕ l'endroit si nos cerveaux marchent ŕ l'envers man?"]··

NyLoN_BoY said:

Quote Originally Posted by crazytofik View Post
    Да, но исках да кажа в множенствено число ... едно кебапче, но три кебапчи нали ?
    Не. Едно кебапче, две кебапчета. Думата е от среден род.

crazytofik said:

ааа, забравих че това е среден род, извинете
    София, Пловдив, Варна, Бургас, чалга до дупка - купона е при нас.

5. I'm unstoppable said:

Quote Originally Posted by lucia9 View Post
    Yeah it's okey! Thank you!! Anyway, i think i will go to a bulgarian house and thay could show me also how to do it, because this way helps but it's a bit hard if you have never seen how to prepare the foods!
    Muchas gracias I'm unstoppable!
    De nada lucia9 You're welcome at any time
    C'est la vie!

6. I'm unstoppable said:

C'MON, post some of your favorite recipes - about salads, desserts, meals and so on.
    C'est la vie!

maxsimn said:

Default :)

Hahaha, I do not like our cuisine very much...
    There are few things I adore like Moussaka, but sadly Bulgaria is not the only country that pretends that this dish is from its national cuisine(greeks and turkish also say that it is their own plate).

NyLoN_BoY said:

Moussaka is not a bulgarian word. I don`t think it is a bulgarian dish at all.

9. bigvikz said:

I think everyone forgot about Bulgaria's alltime favourite drink - The Rakia - а great tasting drink that can get you drunk and on the table after the 4th cup Thats one of the favourite bulgarian pub (кръчмарски) drinks

NyLoN_BoY said:

I totaly forgot about our rakia (maybe because i don`t drink it). We make the rakia from allmost every fruit , but the most popular rakias are made from grapes, plums and pares. There are too kinds of the rakia. The one is for the normal drinkers, and the other kind is made for the lovers of stronger experiences. The second kind we call "dyadovica"

The basic technoogy for making the rakia is first to get the fruits, then to clean them from тthe unneseccery pips and other things than to put it in a closed drum and to wait for somedays to fermentate . Then you go to a special said to make the boiling. The first drops leak very slowly.

The self boiled rakia is never with the same degrees from the boiled before. That makes every bottle an unique tresure of our culture (because rakia is part of our culture and our life).

But that doesn`t go for the rakia which is made in factories. Don`t drink it. It`s not so good like the homemade one.

From this slowly leaking comes the bulgarian expression "тече като ракия", which means that the thing goes very slow

Now, when we are in the EU, the boiling of rakia in this saids is taxed. Many people were against that tax (because there wasn`t such kind of tax before we join the EU), and there were many protest against that tax...

Other traditional alchohol drink in bulgaria is the wine whic is made from the grape species Mavrud. This species is unique and is growing only in Bulgaria. That makes this kind of wine very expencive product in Europe.

The rakia is lowing your blood pressure, and the wine highes it. When you have blood pressure problems, notice that information.

And of course NEVER drive when you had a bulgarian (or any kind) drink, the roades in Bulgaria are in terrible condition and we loooooove tourists and we don`t want you to die here

А сега да пийнем по една ракия (за мен винце) за големия пост, дето го написах
    Last edited by NyLoN_BoY; 06-08-2009 at 03:21 AM.

lopatka said:

Боже, това ми напомни, че наскоро ни бяха донесли една много блага ракия от България :d Домашната ракия си е домашна ракия! Онези, които ги продават по магазините, ряпа да ядат :d
    Ungir kallar, kátir kallar, gangiđ upp á gólv dansiđ lystilig!

Spring said:

Goshhh
    I've just found this topic and I am sooo glad! Cause I have a question: can someone please tell me what is "melba" ?

tedinkyyy said:

ja mogu
    Melba is an ice-cream with fruits, maybe some biscuits or other sweet stuff...Gosh, I'll just show it like u do everytime

just to mention: I lllloooovvveeee melba

You can use your fantasy and make all possible kinds of it:

Eins.. hier kommt die Sonne
    Zwei..hier kommt die Sonne
    Drei.. hier kommt die Sonne
    Vier
    Fünf
    Sechs
    Sieben..
    Acht..
    Neun.....
    Ich hab' keine Lust.

Spring said:

Argh
    I tried MELBA in Zlatni pjasci years ago and came back home not being able to figure out if thats a special something or just the ordinary icecream/fruits mix, which we btw call "sladoled kup" (e.g. banana split)

The thing is.. it wasn't ordinary at all and I wasn't sure if Bulgarian icecream is different than all other icecreams I tried or there was some special ingredient in it.. or melba was a special type of icecream ....LOL

tedinkyyy said:

Hmm we Bulgarians tend to be weird in many things, so for our ice-cream..I won't be surprised if it doesn't taste like the other countries' ice-creams
    Hmm sometimes my mother at home makes "melba" but it isn't a real Melba in fact. The only specific with it is that it has an attractive outlook and it should contain some fruits and often other sweet adds like biscuits as I said. And they put on it some decorations ..well u've seen it so nema veze to explain further
    Vier
    Fünf
    Sechs
    Sieben..
    Acht..
    Neun.....
    Ich hab' keine Lust.

Zvezda said:

Quote Originally Posted by NyLoN_BoY View Post
    Moussaka is not a bulgarian word. I don`t think it is a bulgarian dish at all.
    How do you make moussaka in Bulgaria? In Greece it's always with beef mince, whereas in Turkey I think it's with lamb mince. Similarly in Greece it's both courgettes and aubergines (or any of those), while in the Turkish version I have only had aubergines.
    Bio je Novembar 2009 godine, zamišljao sam kako hodaš ulicom Bana Jelačića cipelama od zmijske kože..

Spring said:

Quote Originally Posted by tedinkyyy View Post
    Hmm we Bulgarians tend to be weird in many things, so for our ice-cream..I won't be surprised if it doesn't taste like the other countries' ice-creams
    Hmm sometimes my mother at home makes "melba" but it isn't a real Melba in fact. The only specific with it is that it has an attractive outlook and it should contain some fruits and often other sweet adds like biscuits as I said. And they put on it some decorations ..well u've seen it so nema veze to explain further
    Thanks tedinkyyy! It was the best special something I ever tried and I am a huge ice cream fan! So.. I was hoping there's some secret to it... lol

tedinkyyy said:

So now u know u can prepare a melba yourself ...

Quote Originally Posted by Zvezda View Post
    How do you make moussaka in Bulgaria? In Greece it's always with beef mince, whereas in Turkey I think it's with lamb mince. Similarly in Greece it's both courgettes and aubergines (or any of those), while in the Turkish version I have only had aubergines.
    ohh..Zvezda I love moussaka but I'm very,very out of cooking I prefer it vegetarian Though I generally eat meat but for moussaka I love vegetarian. I think here there hasn't some establishment of a particular mince.
    Vier
    Fünf
    Sechs
    Sieben..
    Acht..
    Neun.....
    Ich hab' keine Lust.

Zvezda said:

Moussaka can be very oily, and it takes ages to make, not to mention that it's very calorific. I only tried to make it once, I do not think I will be trying again :P Do you also have stuffed vine leaves (dolma/sarma) in Bulgaria?
    Bio je Novembar 2009 godine, zamišljao sam kako hodaš ulicom Bana Jelačića cipelama od zmijske kože..

tedinkyyy said:

Yup! We call it "sarmi s lozovi lista"... I love them too
    Vier
    Fünf
    Sechs
    Sieben..
    Acht..
    Neun.....
    Ich hab' keine Lust.