SOLVED: Help with song title

Thread: SOLVED: Help with song title

Tags: None
  1. Jackyboy said:

Default SOLVED: Help with song title

First of all, what a handy site. I feel that I will be using this on a regular basis =D.

Im having trouble finding out what this song is called AND who its by. I heard it on Planet Rock a while back and its been kicking my ***** ever since.

Its a fairly long song, with the 2nd half being an instrumental if I remember rightly. In the instrumental, it repeats a few piano/keyboard notes throughout that use the first 8 piano notes in the chorus of this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5N1X...eature=related @ 1:15.

It sounded like it could be Fleetwood Mac but I'm pretty sure it isn't. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Jack
    Last edited by Jackyboy; 05-12-2009 at 06:15 AM.

Tahira said:

Hi Jackyboy,
    I am not sure if I understodd your question right, but the song from the video is
    "I came for you" by Mandfred Mannīs Earth Band.
    He has another song which is called "BLinded by the light" which has also those significant piano inside.

Hope I could help you
    Tahira

3. Jackyboy said:

Hi Tahira,

Nice guess but its not right. Its probably about as long as that song, but it sort of has two parts to it: first is the song with lyrics and the second half is all instrumental (this is where the piano notes are used).

Thanks anyway,
    Jack

DJ Maxx said:

To me it sounds like '

Toto - "Hold the Line"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f-cEM1l7Ks

5. Jackyboy said:

Hey Maxx,

Yeah I see what you mean. But the song im thinking of is a bit slower than Hold the Line. The song I'm thinking of is from around the same era - 70's/80's - and is a lot longer than Toto.

Thx,
    Jack

6. tyresius said:

i think you might be thinking of the full version of "layla" by derek and the dominos ( eric clapton)

it was the theme music to the film "goodfellas".

7. Jackyboy said:

Nope, its not Layla, although I do love that song. Its like Layla with the song at the start and instrumental at the end.

Good guess, but no cigar.

Thx,
    Jack

8. Jackyboy said:

Nvm, I found it.

Its "Crime of the Century" by Supertramp.

Thanks for trying anyway!
    Jack