One word

Thread: One word

Tags: None
  1. sebba said:

Unhappy One word

Hi

I know I am in the greek section but I have been trying to translate this word from an albanian song into english but cannot seem to get a translation from any of my translation tools. Can you help. I am a massive fan of Albanian music and i often translate the wrods but this one does not seem to exist - I'm confused..................Hatri

You help would be greatly appreciated. It's driving me mad!

maria_gr said:

I'm confused too, you're in the Greek translation forum... what makes you think that we know albanian?

Anyway, I'll move it to lyrics translation forum, I'm sure you'll get an answer there.
    Άνθρωποι τύχης είδωλον επλάσαντο, πρόφασιν ιδίης αβουλίης.

~Δημόκριτος~
  3. Balkaneuro said:

What's the word ? If it's hatri, the word is "Hatėr" which means "favor/sake" For example one may say "Pėr hatrin tėnd" = for your sake/ in order to do a favor for you
  4. RrushiiTushii said:

Quote Originally Posted by Balkaneuro View Post
    What's the word ? If it's hatri, the word is "Hatėr" which means "favor/sake" For example one may say "Pėr hatrin tėnd" = for your sake/ in order to do a favor for you
    I've heard/used the word hatri before but i think it might have a different meaning besides "favor/sake", Balkaneuro how would you translate "Um ka mbet hatri sepse ata nuk um kan pershendet"? (or does that even make sense? lol)
    Ti nuk gjen dot forcen tme shohesh ne sy ndihem i lenduar kur jemi te dy.
  5. Balkaneuro said:

Quote Originally Posted by RrushiiTushii View Post
    I've heard/used the word hatri before but i think it might have a different meaning besides "favor/sake", Balkaneuro how would you translate "Um ka mbet hatri sepse ata nuk um kan pershendet"? (or does that even make sense? lol)
    "i mbeti hatri" means "i didn't get a chance to respect them" but it is sometimes used like this for example, albanians invite many people to their weddings, many of them they only invite "pėr hatėr" like out of respect, because they are good friends or related to the person who knows them also

and i think your sentence should be "me mbeti hatri" like i didnt get a chance to make the favor,"
  6. RrushiiTushii said:

Quote Originally Posted by Balkaneuro View Post
    "i mbeti hatri" means "i didn't get a chance to respect them" but it is sometimes used like this for example, albanians invite many people to their weddings, many of them they only invite "pėr hatėr" like out of respect, because they are good friends or related to the person who knows them also

and i think your sentence should be "me mbeti hatri" like i didnt get a chance to make the favor,"
    mhmm ok i get that but i cant help but think there's gotta be a different translation or it just loses its meaning in translation flm anyways
  7. fylli said:

Hatėr or nder or favor all means “favour/sake/honour” in this contexts but there is also another meaning of word “hatėr” I’ll try to egive some examples since there is no adequate word to fit it in English, for instance in this format “mė ka mbetur hatri qė nuk erdhet ne ditlindjen time” can be translated like: “I am disappointed for you not showing up to my birthday party” or “mė ka mbetur hatri qė nuk mė ftuat nė atė aheng” “I am feeling ignored for not being invited to that party”
  8. RrushiiTushii said:

Quote Originally Posted by fylli View Post
    Hatėr or nder or favor all means “favour/sake/honour” in this contexts but there is also another meaning of word “hatėr” I’ll try to egive some examples since there is no adequate word to fit it in English, for instance in this format “mė ka mbetur hatri qė nuk erdhet ne ditlindjen time” can be translated like: “I am disappointed for you not showing up to my birthday party” or “mė ka mbetur hatri qė nuk mė ftuat nė atė aheng” “I am feeling ignored for not being invited to that party”
    yess exactly thats the translation i was talking about thats what im used to it meaning