Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: One word

  1. #1
    sebba
    Guest

    Unhappy One word

    Hi

    I know I am in the greek section but I have been trying to translate this word from an albanian song into english but cannot seem to get a translation from any of my translation tools. Can you help. I am a massive fan of Albanian music and i often translate the wrods but this one does not seem to exist - I'm confused..................Hatri

    You help would be greatly appreciated. It's driving me mad!

  2. #2
    @#MOmderator#@ maria_gr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Thanks
    455
    Thanked 1,165 Times in 653 Posts

    I'm confused too, you're in the Greek translation forum... what makes you think that we know albanian?

    Anyway, I'll move it to lyrics translation forum, I'm sure you'll get an answer there.
    Άνθρωποι τύχης είδωλον επλάσαντο, πρόφασιν ιδίης αβουλίης.

    ~Δημόκριτος~

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Thanks
    84
    Thanked 258 Times in 190 Posts

    What's the word ? If it's hatri, the word is "Hatėr" which means "favor/sake" For example one may say "Pėr hatrin tėnd" = for your sake/ in order to do a favor for you

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 23 Times in 12 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Balkaneuro View Post
    What's the word ? If it's hatri, the word is "Hatėr" which means "favor/sake" For example one may say "Pėr hatrin tėnd" = for your sake/ in order to do a favor for you
    I've heard/used the word hatri before but i think it might have a different meaning besides "favor/sake", Balkaneuro how would you translate "Um ka mbet hatri sepse ata nuk um kan pershendet"? (or does that even make sense? lol)
    Ti nuk gjen dot forcen tme shohesh ne sy ndihem i lenduar kur jemi te dy.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Thanks
    84
    Thanked 258 Times in 190 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by RrushiiTushii View Post
    I've heard/used the word hatri before but i think it might have a different meaning besides "favor/sake", Balkaneuro how would you translate "Um ka mbet hatri sepse ata nuk um kan pershendet"? (or does that even make sense? lol)
    "i mbeti hatri" means "i didn't get a chance to respect them" but it is sometimes used like this for example, albanians invite many people to their weddings, many of them they only invite "pėr hatėr" like out of respect, because they are good friends or related to the person who knows them also

    and i think your sentence should be "me mbeti hatri" like i didnt get a chance to make the favor,"

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 23 Times in 12 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Balkaneuro View Post
    "i mbeti hatri" means "i didn't get a chance to respect them" but it is sometimes used like this for example, albanians invite many people to their weddings, many of them they only invite "pėr hatėr" like out of respect, because they are good friends or related to the person who knows them also

    and i think your sentence should be "me mbeti hatri" like i didnt get a chance to make the favor,"
    mhmm ok i get that but i cant help but think there's gotta be a different translation or it just loses its meaning in translation flm anyways
    Ti nuk gjen dot forcen tme shohesh ne sy ndihem i lenduar kur jemi te dy.

  7. #7
    fylli
    Guest

    Hatėr or nder or favor all means “favour/sake/honour” in this contexts but there is also another meaning of word “hatėr” I’ll try to egive some examples since there is no adequate word to fit it in English, for instance in this format “mė ka mbetur hatri qė nuk erdhet ne ditlindjen time” can be translated like: “I am disappointed for you not showing up to my birthday party” or “mė ka mbetur hatri qė nuk mė ftuat nė atė aheng” “I am feeling ignored for not being invited to that party”

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 23 Times in 12 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by fylli View Post
    Hatėr or nder or favor all means “favour/sake/honour” in this contexts but there is also another meaning of word “hatėr” I’ll try to egive some examples since there is no adequate word to fit it in English, for instance in this format “mė ka mbetur hatri qė nuk erdhet ne ditlindjen time” can be translated like: “I am disappointed for you not showing up to my birthday party” or “mė ka mbetur hatri qė nuk mė ftuat nė atė aheng” “I am feeling ignored for not being invited to that party”
    yess exactly thats the translation i was talking about thats what im used to it meaning
    Ti nuk gjen dot forcen tme shohesh ne sy ndihem i lenduar kur jemi te dy.

Similar Threads

  1. Oh My Word! Help me please!
    By s!dneyhammer in forum Identify it
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-13-2011, 03:13 PM
  2. The Word
    By Skhumbuzo in forum Rap Lyrics Review
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-25-2009, 09:11 PM
  3. PLEASE TRANSLATE MILA BY ALEKSA JELIC.... word for word... thank you !!
    By MNE07 in forum Serbian / Croatian / Bosnian
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-25-2008, 11:15 AM
  4. One word
    By Maviii in forum Spanish lyrics translation
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-20-2008, 08:11 PM

Posting Permissions