The Day Of The Slavonic Literature And Culture

Thread: The Day Of The Slavonic Literature And Culture

Tags: None

tedinkyyy said:

Default The Day Of The Slavonic Literature And Culture

To all the Slavic world: today (24th May) in Bulgaria is celebrated The Day of the Saints Cyril and Methodius or The Day of the Slavonic Literature and Culture
    I think those two people should be known to every Slavic nation bacause they not only have invented the first Slavic alphabet but they've done such a great work for the whole Slavic culture apart - they've made the Slavic script and speech official and legal and developed literacy in many Slavic countries in the Middle Ages.
    That's why in this day we would like to greet all the countries besides Bulgaria in which a Slavic language is spoken officially: The Russian Federation,Ukraine,Belarus,Poland,The Czech Republic,Slovakia,Slovenia,Croatia,Bosnia and Herzegovina,Montenegro,Serbia and Macedonia.No matter if we're orthodoxes or catholics or muslims and if we use the Cyrillic or the Latin alphabet,we shouldn't forget that once upon a time we've been a whole big family and we still are much closer then we can imagine,and actually can understand much of each other's language
    Greetings to all you from Bulgaria!
    Поздрави за всички от България!
    Eins.. hier kommt die Sonne
    Zwei..hier kommt die Sonne
    Drei.. hier kommt die Sonne
    Vier
    Fünf
    Sechs
    Sieben..
    Acht..
    Neun.....
    Ich hab' keine Lust.

Spring said:

tedinkyyy, veliki pozdrav iz Srbije!
    and thank you for the nice post!

tedinkyyy said:

Oh..nema na cemu
    Eins.. hier kommt die Sonne
    Zwei..hier kommt die Sonne
    Drei.. hier kommt die Sonne
    Vier
    Fünf
    Sechs
    Sieben..
    Acht..
    Neun.....
    Ich hab' keine Lust.

Alla Alcenko said:

Greetings from Russia!
    The Saints Cyril and Methodius have created the successful letter, we should remember it. But we should also remember that Cyril have writed in his biofraphy that he saw the old slavic writing before the new one was invented by him and Mefodius.
    Moreover, the Bulgarian monk Hrabr in the annals of 10 century confirms the old writing before the invention by Cyril and Mefodius. He names this writing "writing of hyphens". Here is a fragment from his annals on old slavic: чрътами и рѣзами чьтѣхѫ.

5. queenravenclaw said:

yes thank you for that I quote.I think your right it is part of our history.I've read about it in a book that talks about Serbia.I am Croatian,Romanian and German. and my mom says that if she were still home she could problay understand Romanian.

Milka said:

Greetings to all and a Happy Holiday!

I don't want to spoil the party, but I am not certain what are you actually celebrating?!

The way it is posed, this holiday keeps us uncritically imprisoned in the national-romantic notions of the 18th and 19th centuries.

I challenge you to an intellectual debate. Here are the known facts: nobody knows when the cyrilic alphabet was created and by whom.

It is highly, highly probable -- almost a certainty -- that St. Cyril and Methodious did not create the alphabet from which St. Clement worked and developed his version we call Cyrilic. In various forms, the alphabet has been used for seven thousand years.

Cyril and Methodious were high-level bureaucrats in the East Roman Empire (also called "Byzantium" in recent times). In the interest of the empire, they modified an already existing alphabet. Otherwise it is inexplainable that an alphabet can be created and fully accepted in such a short time by so many different peoples.

Most importantly, the "Slavic" alphabet is modified on the orders of Emperor Michael, not Cyril and Methodious. If the emperor did not deem the alphabet would have political purpose for proselytizing, Cyril and Methodius would not have pursued it.

Contrast the situation to this example: Emperor Constantin the Great (4th century) made Christianity an offical religion of the Roman empire. The administrators who put into motion the emperor's orders are not at all mentioned as a factor, nor are their actions celebrated.

Anybody? ;-)
    Last edited by Milka; 10-16-2010 at 05:58 PM.

Dangerous & Moving said:

Great post Tedy!! I'm proud to be slavic and we should all love and respect each other! Greetings from Croatia!
    ''Glupost je sama u sebe zaljubljena i njeno je samoljublje bezgranično.''

''Siamo niente senza fantasie''

''Наверное мне место на луне, но страшно оставаться в темноте''

8. queenravenclaw said:

Smile hoilday

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous & Moving View Post
    greetings from Croatia!
    ja sam hrvatski. je govore malo hrvatski i engliski. I love all slavonic languages. I wish i could speak at least two fluently but i speak Croatian very little my Croatian grammar isn't very good. where in Croatia are u from?