Aynur Doğan - Ahmedo

Thread: Aynur Doğan - Ahmedo

Tags: None
  1. kalina said:

Default Aynur Doğan - Ahmedo

Hello,

Anybody that knows Kurdish? )) I have this great song, that I really want to know the meaning of....

================
    Aynur Doğan Ahmedo:

Ehmedo ronî heyran tu ne mîr î ne hekîm î
    Kuro gede tu ne mîr e, ne hekîm e
    Li bala dilê min evdala xwedê de
    Tavî kî ji tavî ya biharê
    Meha gulan û nîsan û adar e
    Li ser sing û berê min evdala xwedê de
    Ne dixûricî ne dibarî
    Ehmedo lo lo
    Ehmedo ronî heyran navê min besna ye
    Kuro keder navê min besna ye
    Li tilî û pêçî minê ar morî wek şemaye
    De sing û berê min evdala xwedê
    Ji te re mîna kûşk û seray werçî ma ye
    De berê kerîyê pezê xwe ser de gêr ke
    Min ê bi hemdê xwe ji te re destûr da ye
    Ehmedo lo lo
    Ehmedo ronî heyran bira dê û bavê min
    Xêrê bikin
    De bira dê u bavê min xêrê bikin waêê qet nebînin
    Dewezê çewa neda me ehmedê kur û barî
    Ma di gûnd de min dil tê da
    Wezê da me gedê kurapê min ê
    Heramî mêra xudanê heft jina heftê salî
    Wezê bala xwe dididimê heba ferê dirana tune di devda
    ========================

Thanks a lot!

2. kalina said:

c'mon guys please help me!

3. xawar said:

kalina, I'm sorry but it is really a tricky song to translate

4. kalina said:

Unhappy

Im sure it is tricky - if you can tell me what is it about, will be enough

5. xawar said:

Ok i will give it a shot, but only because it is you :P loL

*Ehmedo is a name

Ehmedo ronî heyran tu ne mîr î ne hekîm î - Ehmedo ....... you are not a lord nor a healer
    Kuro gede tu ne mîr e, ne hekîm e - boy you are not a lord nor a healer
    Li bala dilê min evdala xwedê de - my hearts disaster ...............
    Tavî kî ji tavî ya biharê - and the rainfall is a spring one (spring the season)
    Meha gulan û nîsan û adar e - now it is januari febrauri and march
    Li ser sing û berê min evdala xwedê de - on my chest and in my heart I cary the sorrow .........
    Ne dixûricî ne dibarî - ............
    Ehmedo lo lo - Ehmedo lo lo ( lo lo has no meaning is like yeaah or something :P)
    Ehmedo ronî heyran navê min besna ye - ehmedo ..... my name is .......
    Kuro keder navê min besna ye - Boy my name is ..............
    Li tilî û pêçî minê ar morî wek şemaye -
    De sing û berê min evdala xwedê - ( see 6th line)
    Ji te re mîna kûşk û seray werçî ma ye - because of you I still have ......
    De berê kerîyê pezê xwe ser de gêr ke
    Min ê bi hemdê xwe ji te re destûr da ye - Without realising I made a ....... because of you ( ...... literally means constitute, but in this line I don't know how to translate)
    Ehmedo lo lo
    Ehmedo ronî heyran bira dê û bavê min - Ehmedo in your and my fathers memory
    Xêrê bikin
    De bira dê u bavê min xêrê bikin waêê qet nebînin - In your and my fathers memory they (will never see luck any more)?
    Dewezê çewa neda me ehmedê kur û barî - .................
    Ma di gûnd de min dil tê da - ...............
    Wezê da me gedê kurapê min ê - ....................
    Heramî mêra xudanê heft jina heftê salî - ................
    Wezê bala xwe dididimê heba ferê dirana tune di devda -..................

I'm sorry for the half translation but the rest I really could not translate . and where te song is about I think (almost sure) it is about opression (the opression of Kurds by the turkish state).
    Last edited by xawar; 06-14-2009 at 07:59 AM. Reason: spellcheck

6. kalina said:

Thank you so much!!! Sipas )))
    I understand such lyrics are hard to translate, and thank you very much for doing it! )))
    Take care ))

7. xawar said:

haha Your welcome, I'm happy that I could help,

but I've a question which you don't have to answer, and that where you are from, because I'm really interested which kind of people are interested in Kurdish songs

8. kalina said:

Ez ji Bilgaristan im Nave min Kalina ye.
    Im studying Persian language in Sofia University and thus I had the chance to start studying another language. And that is Kurdish
    I love the traditional Kurdish music but still I am not able to translate it myself...

9. xawar said:

Quote Originally Posted by kalina View Post
    Ez ji Bilgaristan im Nave min Kalina ye.
    Im studying Persian language in Sofia University and thus I had the chance to start studying another language. And that is Kurdish
    I love the traditional Kurdish music but still I am not able to translate it myself...

WoW, I really am so happy to read that, I really am. I'm glad that you are interested in Kurdish language Kalina, (ser sere mîn ser chavan), and it is really a smart joice you made after studying perian, because the languages are close to each other. About the sentence you wrote in Kurdish I can see that you are studying Kurmanci?

About the traditional Kurdish music, you can't blame yourself because it's really really hard to translate, because of the old words and the meanings behind, even though I'm a Kurd myself I couldn't translate (well I understand it, sometimes not 100%) so you can see it isn't your fault.

Well once again, I am really glad to read what you wrote and I will be glad If I could help you about everthing you want Kalina, just let me know.

Slav xushka delal!

10. kalina said:

Thank you so so much Honestly, I don't know Kurds besides my teacher and its really nice to meet you )
    Yesterday I had my Kurdish exam... Oh boy... He will tell us the results in Monday. I started studying Kurdish this year and still I'm not really good And we only have 2 hours a week. Our teacher Yasar is trying to teach us just the basic things. Now we have summer vacation but we will continue in October ))
    Tell me more about you

11. dlekurdistan said:

Talking intresting

iam really happy that you're trying to learn kurdish.. iam kurdish speaking in krmanji, i will do all i can and send me any krmanji songs;;;; i will gladly translate...

12. tombo said:

It was my thought that the Lyrics, and the name of the song are a referance to the deceased kurdish singer Ahmet Kaya.

13. xawar said:

Do you think Tombo? I really wouldn't know, but it could be, ahmet kaya is a really well respected singer by all, so it could be, but i thought that this song was really really old.... ?

Trimbaud said:

Default aynur dogan

hey all 0 i just ran across this old thread trying to research this song. i just heard of aynur dogan 2 days ago, on a bbc special - it was this song, and it was haunting and fantastic.
    does anyone have any other lyric translations of hers, or thoughts on her music. i'm in the process of gathering/downloading some now.

thanks!

15. xawar said:

Quote Originally Posted by Trimbaud View Post
    hey all 0 i just ran across this old thread trying to research this song. i just heard of aynur dogan 2 days ago, on a bbc special - it was this song, and it was haunting and fantastic.
    does anyone have any other lyric translations of hers, or thoughts on her music. i'm in the process of gathering/downloading some now.

thanks!
    Dear friend Trimbaud,

I'm sorry to overwelm you with this question, but are you the trimbaud I think you are, the one who is also active on Flickr.com, and had posted some fotos about Kurdistan?

I would be glad to hear about that soon, but about the songs of Aynur there are several which are already translated, and it would be my pleasur if I could help.

But the question is do you want the lyrics of this specific song or all of her I can find?

here is one I found on youtube, dar hajiroke, on the right side you can find both lyrics and translation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxC-d4oUWtw

hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards

Trimbaud said:

hey xawar - thanks for the link.
    if there is another trimbaud out there, he stole my handle! (that is not me on flickr). i am interested in a number of things, and in music from all over, but aynur is the first kurdistan artist i have heard (i have been listening to nneka lately).
    good to meet you!

17. runnar said:

hi kalina,
    I know it has been a long time since you asked for the translation of this song and xawar tried to translate it but i want to give it a try. I do not know Kurdish so i am translating it from the Turkish lyrics. It may not be the complete translation but i think it will me more meaningful than others. i tried my best...

ehmedo, my light, the one i admire, you are not a lord (bey) nor a healer
    i am a spring rain in the heart of the God`s wretch
    the month is neither may, april nor march
    i am on (over) the chest of the God`s wretch
    i neither spilled nor rained

i am a wretch
    a wretch whose heart is full of longing (yearning)
    the night is dark, i cannot see you
    i was told that the voice of men`s mourning
    is no more and not coming from the land (country)
    i will not stay
    i will not stay for melting with the heat of summer...

18. kalina said:

Thank you! It sounds really good. Beautiful song. Thank you all, guys!

Kind regards,
    Kali

natan said:

Good job ...
    Sarchava kaka, te Kurdi dzani? az xelka Slemnim, zmana ez kurdi soraniya..
    *************My Soul is Kurd************

20. Lynxje said:

Aynur is great. I loved her music since 2007 when she was in Amsterdam (Roots festival). I was a volunteer overthere and got a free CD with one song.
    I already was a great fan of Turkish music and RAI and other worldmusic. I'm a soprano and like to sing along with song from Sertab Erener, because she is a collarature soprano (is that spelled right?!).

Kurdish, persian and Urdu music settles in your soul. In mine al least. I want to thank you very much for the translation.

Is it possible to translate this Kurdish song: Bira from Bedrettin Coşkun