Solved: Can anyone identify this song from the early 70s?

Thread: Solved: Can anyone identify this song from the early 70s?

Tags: None
  1. Cad said:

Default Solved: Can anyone identify this song from the early 70s?

hi all,
    I'm looking for the name of a song from what i think might be the early 70s. I know no lyrics to it, and have no idea who would sing it. Its sort of pop/rock and has a trumpet playing along with the band in the chorus. A group of guys are singing, and in the bridge they say something which SOUNDS like (this is going to sound so demented...) uber loober uber loober ahhh, then the chorus has the band and trumpet playing for a bit, then the group all say something like 'your unbelievable.' this happens twice before going back to the verse....
    i've only heard it a few times on daggy radio stations which play 50's - 80s music, but i'd like to find out who sings it.
    i understand if no one knows!

F A B Scott said:

3. Cad said:

Nope, sorry that aint it. its much older than that lol. but thanks anyway!

4. Claybricks said:

Quote Originally Posted by Cad View Post
    hi all,
    I'm looking for the name of a song from what i think might be the early 70s. I know no lyrics to it, and have no idea who would sing it. Its sort of pop/rock and has a trumpet playing along with the band in the chorus. A group of guys are singing, and in the bridge they say something which SOUNDS like (this is going to sound so demented...) uber loober uber loober ahhh, then the chorus has the band and trumpet playing for a bit, then the group all say something like 'your unbelievable.' this happens twice before going back to the verse....
    i've only heard it a few times on daggy radio stations which play 50's - 80s music, but i'd like to find out who sings it.
    i understand if no one knows!

Try this song...

Chicago - No Tell Lover {1978}

http://www.imeem.com/jukeboxmusic61/...ed-lp-version/

Dan

5. Cad said:

Hmm. Not that song either. But getting closer, and probably about the same era lol. the trumpet in my song sounds really cheesy/badly recorded. Also, its not a slow song, and its more rock/pop than easy listening soft/rock. Sounds a little bit like the 4 seasons in december 1963.

6. osa tracz said:

Yardbirds - for your love ?

7. Cad said:

nope, sorry not that either. needs a cheesy trumpet pad thing. How do you upload files? i have FL4 studio and i'll mock up a rendition of it and export to a wav. file.

F A B Scott said:

Quote Originally Posted by Cad View Post
    How do you upload files?
    http://www19.zippyshare.com/

9. Cad said:

Ok. here's an mp3 i created with FL4 of the chorus.

i've never used internet file sharing sites before so its one of these:

unknown.mp3

http://www19.zippyshare.com/v/8787772/file.html

10. Ziggyuk said:

Sounds like Come on Eileen - Dexy's Midnight Runners

11. Cad said:

thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i've been searching for it for ssoooo long!! and it's not even 70s!

F A B Scott said:

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggyuk View Post
    Sounds like Come on Eileen - Dexy's Midnight Runners
    Well done Ziggy - you beat me to it.