An old funny song from the 60's

Thread: An old funny song from the 60's

Tags: None
  1. Sharoncat2009 said:

Smile An old funny song from the 60's

Does anyone remember a song, sort of a talking song where there was an old guy, I thought called the Old Prospector who was asking and giving advice such as: "you say you're stuck in the desert with one cigarette and soggy matches" some things like that and then I believe he says at the end "you never give up, never give up the ship."

Does anyone know the name of that song or the rest of the lyrics, they were so funny and played on the radio in the 60's.

Sharon

2. Claybricks said:

Quote Originally Posted by Sharoncat2009 View Post
    Does anyone remember a song, sort of a talking song where there was an old guy, I thought called the Old Prospector who was asking and giving advice such as: "you say you're stuck in the desert with one cigarette and soggy matches" some things like that and then I believe he says at the end "you never give up, never give up the ship."

Does anyone know the name of that song or the rest of the lyrics, they were so funny and played on the radio in the 60's.

Sharon

Red Pierce - The Old Prospector

Dan

3. Sharoncat2009 said:

Hi Dan,
    I wondered if I was going crazy since I always loved this song when it came on the radio and wondered if Youtube or someone had the lyrics.

Thanks again,
    Sharon

4. Sharoncat2009 said:

Default The Old Prospector by Red Pierce

Hi Dan,
    Now that I know I wasn't imagining it, where would one find either the record or lyrics to this song. After exhausting all searches on the internet, I can't find it. It's a miracle you knew what I was talking about.

Sharon

5. Claybricks said:

Quote Originally Posted by Sharoncat2009 View Post
    Hi Dan,
    Now that I know I wasn't imagining it, where would one find either the record or lyrics to this song. After exhausting all searches on the internet, I can't find it. It's a miracle you knew what I was talking about.

Sharon
    Sharon,

You can find the record for sale at www.gemm.com or www.musicstack.com

I'm checking with my friend in Canada to see if he has the record. If he does, he could convert it for you to digital if you're interested.

http://www.angelfire.com/music6/vic/

Dan