Thanking people...

Thread: Thanking people...

Tags: None

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by citlalli View Post
    I agree with Chams & Zahra. It came the point when the rep system got out of control and it became unfair and unrepresentative; thus the incentive for helping really got lost.

exactly, this was one of the mainly reasons why the system is not working now!!

and "missing the little notes"... sorry, but this is not its purpose, for this we have pm

and the truth I do not think that not having some points in our reputation, is very important that we stop helping others
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!

chameleon said:

Quote Originally Posted by Zahra2008 View Post
    exactly, this was one of the mainly reasons why the system is not working now!!

and "missing the little notes"... sorry, but this is not its purpose, for this we have pm

and the truth I do not think that not having some points in our reputation, is very important that we stop helping others
    that is so true zahra i still do when i can i like doing it.
    but it did give a bizz and more motervtion (sorry for the spilling) in finding songs, it can be so boring sometimes when you cant fing them which i dont have much luck in doing nor do other people(do you under stand what am trying to say here)

so this new thanks thing,,,,,,what i have seen so far is, all you have to do is keep going round and say thanks to bump it up like the rep thing

(sorry i have to take back what i said about giving it ago its not going to work
    its already been abrused i see if thats the case y bother with any rep/thanks thing. and just do what most people do anyway and say it out in the open )

the people who do the di and translators posts are great in there work they are the ones who should get the rep/thanks thing but ive never seen theres gos up

am not trying to get round anybody just saying what i think and feel on this
    When the world is on your shoulder Gotta straighten up your act and boogie down" lol

3. webmaster said:

Hi to all, sorry for the delay with responses...

Quote Originally Posted by damarys View Post
    Question.... how does it work? How do I publically thank people for a good deed on this forum? Do I just post a message? Will it be anything like the reputation system where we click to thank?
    Just push a button "thank you!"
    Remember, only for real help you can say "Thanks".
    The situation "- You looks good. - Thank you!" is not acceptable.
    That is why "Thanks" system is not available every where.

ATL forum is the lyrics forum, so "thank you" allowed for a help with lyrics.

Quote Originally Posted by tedinkyyy View Post
    I have a question: will that "thanking" replace the old reputation system forever?
    Is some meaning - yes. "Thanks" system is quite different from rep.system, but in general you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by PlainChaos View Post
    We can't escape the fact that this new system will get misused too, people will find a way
    I hope we can. We have an experience of rep.system. And "thanks" system is public, so everybody can look for which posts you have got your "thanks" points.

Quote Originally Posted by El raisa View Post
    still , I think that the small messages that were with the reputaion system was a nice thing ! , so I miss it
    OK, we will try to find a substitution for the small messages in rep.system!

Quote Originally Posted by PlainChaos View Post
    This was written in the reputation thread: "We are so sorry, but reputation system is disabled now because of technical reasons". Excuse me, but I thought the administration was gonna fix it, not make a brand new system ...
    To be honest, it was not an computer technical reason but the ideological technical reason. Do you agree with such formulation?..

Quote Originally Posted by Zahra2008 View Post
    the reputation system ended up being used just to say "hello, how are you? happy birthday? whats up?.... "...

and members who only was "players" on the game threads had highest reputation than those who actually help others, and being the site of "lyrics and translations" I think that was a little unfair....
    Thank you, Zahra. I totally agree with you.

I wish I could Thank you for this information here on this thread.... but I can't! Bummer! My sincerest gratitude!
    The thanks system is for lyrics help, that is why you can't say your "thank you" here...
    I have noticed that the the Christian community (which requires people helping each other to find music, lyrics and do translations) does not have the "thanks" option. Was this just an oversight? Just wondering.
    Now the "thanking" is available in the "English Worship Song in Spanish translation" forum also

chameleon said:

Quote Originally Posted by chameleon View Post

oh a ps to admins
    can you do the same with the user names ?
    i mean one user name per ip addy ????
    fix this thank
    from your pain in the *** helen/rose
    Hi dm
    now that you have fixed this (thanks thing)
    is there any think you can do with user names ?
    to stop people mis useing them ??????
    When the world is on your shoulder Gotta straighten up your act and boogie down" lol

El raisa said:

Quote Originally Posted by dm View Post
    Hi to all, sorry for the delay with responses...

Thanks for your respond , I really appreciate administration work here; I totally understand your point of view
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
    — Albert Einstein

Orwa said:

DM, i think you should come from the begin with your nice reply and say these things..., cuz we NEED it , thanks for coming

And it'd be super nice if you can put them two, Thanks & Reps, cuz actually i fall in love with the thanks system too and the rep is the way i knew ATL, so it'd be mega boring without it

ps, there's an english thread in the general discussing, and it needs to have the thanks system!
    " Those that don't appreciate life..do not deserve life...how much blood are you willing to give to stay alive....live or die...make your choice... " ( Jigsaw)

Jess31 said:

I have to say that I used to like the old rep system because it was a way to be friendly, it helped a lot on making new friends. On the other hand it's true that people who really help were not considered in the right way. It was unfair that people who helped had less rep than the others....but I' m sad to see that I don't get any "thank you" even if I'm trying to help ....uffffffffffff

8. dya said:

Hello! I have a question for whoever can answer it. I haven't been around lately too much due to A LOT OF WORK and I noticed today thet I have 1 thanks in one post. Now, God knows where that may be considering my thouands of posts?! Is there any way for me to go straight to that post to see who thanked me and what for ?

And, on a side note, I also agree with the new system for all the reasons that were already mentioned here.

Steena said:

Quote Originally Posted by dya View Post
    Hello! I have a question for whoever can answer it. I haven't been around lately too much due to A LOT OF WORK and I noticed today thet I have 1 thanks in one post. Now, God knows where that may be considering my thouands of posts?! Is there any way for me to go straight to that post to see who thanked me and what for ?
    You can find that post through your profile under "Thanks". There's an option saying "Find all thanked posts by dya".
    होता है जो होना है ... वक़्त ही शायद खुदा है ...
    कौन कहता है आदमी अपनी किस्मत खुद लिखता है?

10. dya said:

Thanks so much Steena! I don't know why I didn't think of it myself

Orwa said:

Hello Amigas & Amigos

I just wanted to say the "thanks" system is nice.., just i have some little comments & questions

First, it says that there's FOUR people thank for this post, and it showing only three names, so where's the fourth one?

Second, After "useful post" there's ":", what this means?, do we can write comments?, if soo, how?

Third, why there's Remove your thanks??, do after i thank someone i'll remove my thanks word?, if soo, why??, i didn't understand this one too!

Thanks in advance
    " Those that don't appreciate life..do not deserve life...how much blood are you willing to give to stay alive....live or die...make your choice... " ( Jigsaw)

citlalli said:

Quote Originally Posted by Orwa View Post
    Hello Amigas & Amigos

I just wanted to say the "thanks" system is nice.., just i have some little comments & questions

First, it says that there's FOUR people thank for this post, and it showing only three names, so where's the fourth one?
    Hi!

I can answer number one: It's me Sorry, I really don't know why or how, but it's been a couple of times that I click to thank someone and it does it double! If I'm the first person to say thanks then it appears as "two users have said "thank you"... but only my name appears ... I'm very sorry for that Orwie, I really don't understand it myself
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

Orwa said:

Oh, its you lallita? I was expecting that cuz I know you love to mess around, but well, we will forgive you, no worries, actually I thought its something like the rep, it was the more points you have, the more points you give, just wanted someone to clear this point

Spring said:

Hello Amigas & Amigos

There seems to be some mistake with the system .. maybe admins can sort it out

Second, After "useful post" there's ":", what this means?, do we can write comments?, if soo, how?
    It is just a part of the one sentence "The Following Users Say Thank You For This Useful Post:"
    Third, why there's Remove your thanks??, do after i thank someone i'll remove my thanks word?, if soo, why??, i didn't understand this one too!

Thanks in advance
    Well.. maybe if you change your mind about a post you can "unthank" it

15. webmaster said:

And it'd be super nice if you can put them two, Thanks & Reps, cuz actually i fall in love with the thanks system too and the rep is the way i knew ATL, so it'd be mega boring without it
    Dear Orwa, rep.system was a very good thing for all of us. But it was totally inflated

May be in the future we will turn it on again...

ps, there's an english thread in the general discussing, and it needs to have the thanks system!
    unfortunately we don't have possibility to enable thanks system in different threads. We can turn it on or off for subforums...

16. webmaster said:

Quote Originally Posted by dm View Post
    Private messages system was upgraded:

- it is blinked in the right corner if you have new messages
    - you can see previews of messages in your inbox

Please make your suggestions what is wrong with our private messaging system and we will try to make it better.
    For example, may be you want to have a popup window when somebody sent a message to you?
    Last edited by webmaster; 06-15-2009 at 06:41 AM.

17. webmaster said:

Quote Originally Posted by chameleon View Post
    is there any think you can do with user names ?
    to stop people mis useing them ??????
    What do you mean? Which way some members mis using their names?

18. webmaster said:

May be Citlally is right or may be it was some system mistake. Please give us (administrators) a link to such post and we will try to understand...

No, this is not a place to some comments. The colon means that in the right column you can see who gave you "thanks"

Somebody can give you "thanks" just for a mistake. And somebody can give you "thanks" not for true help, in this way moderators can remove such "thanks". Please don't worry about it, I hope nobody will add thanks and when remove it, it doesn't make sense...

19. webmaster said:

Here we can see an abusing of thanks system: http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/ar...tml#post512660
    http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/ar...tml#post513670
    http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/ar...tml#post513702
    http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/ar...tml#post513736

User "leftone" gave his thanks for the non very meanings posts.

I appeal to all moderators to remove such thanking. I appeal to all members to report such unmeaning "thanks". And first of all, I appeal to members who received such not very well-earned thank points.

I appeal to all, PLEASE, lets keep thanks system clear. Otherwise it will die exactly like the rep system.

We have the possibility to remove all thanks by choosen user, so it is not a problem to fix "thanks" abusing.
    I didn't remove "leftone" thanks just for example. So everybody can check it...
    Last edited by webmaster; 06-15-2009 at 08:00 AM.

citlalli said:

Well dear DM I'm afraid that with the "double thanks" has happened in several occasions It happened today again: I thanked Maviii in the Arabic grammar thread and it came out double; and later I thanked Daydream for a translation but it came out normal; and in both occasions I clicked only once! I swear!

Concerning the private messages I don't think there's anything wrong with it. Come on everybody!! If we noticed when somebody had given us rep points and then went to user's CP to see if there was a little msg attached, then we can also go to "private messages" when we notice on the top of the screen that somebody sent us a pm!
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.