Thanking people...

Thread: Thanking people...

Tags: None

Spring said:

btw,

Please don't thank on posts where entire content is "Thank u" or "You are welcome"
    It makes little sense to thank someone who thanked you for a post (and even less to thank again to the person who said "you're welcome")

Example

2. PlainChaos said:

Quote Originally Posted by Spring View Post
    Seems the system sees you as separate Plain and Chaos
    Hahahaha you're so funny Spring!

No, I've been thanked 26 times in 21 different threads, that's what it means, but if you go to my user profile and click Find all posts thanked by PlainChaos you'll see that I've only thanked 3 times, but it says 7 down my avatar and whenever I want to thank somebody they get 2 points from me even though I just clicked 1 time!

Spring said:

Yep my brain is on vacation!
    lol

I tried to clarify the stuff to myself but seems it didn't work out quite well haha
    So... let me draw a picture:

- Member's Public Profile will show how many times the member thanked others (Total Thanks: ...) and how many times he was thanked by others (e.g. Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post)
    There is also an option to see:
    - on which posts each member received Thank yous (Find all thanked posts by Member Name) and
    - on which posts he/she thanked (Find all posts thanked by Member Name)

- Each member can use the button only 5 times a day (so, use it wisely)

- The posts on which someone has thanked will have this text in their bottom left corner:
    The Following User Says Thank You to Member Name For This Useful Post: Member Name (date)

4. PlainChaos said:

Thanks for using my profile as an example... Jesse is sooooo HOT!

Yup, that's right Spring, that's a great way to show people how it works, you've done a great job! I still don't know why I thank twice, though, but whatever... that's okay I guess!

Spring said:

You're welcome! And.. yeah.. never mind.. I didn't even remotely answer your question and you're still thanking me.. Gosh I love this forum hehe
    You know, we have an expression "two times is two times" (better than just once)
    But on a serious note.. I still believe it has something to do with your connection and you not being "on the same page" with the forums so the system kinda hiccups

6. webmaster said:

I'm glad to present some rules for the "Thank you" system:

"Thank you" button is intended to help you publicly express your gratitude to a member for his/her useful post.

Allthelyrics.com forum is dedicated to song lyrics, that's why "Thank you" button is installed only in sub-forums which directly deal with lyrics (Translate, Identify it & some other)

USE "Thank you" button
    a) if you've got an answer to your request
    b) if you saw some piece of information which helped you

DO NOT USE "Thank you button"
    a) if you want to express your sympathy
    b) if you want to thank back for the "Thank you" sent to you
    c) for minor reasons

- do not forget to thank people who help you

- keep "Thank you" system clean. If someone thanked you for nothing, PM him that it's does not make a honour neither for you not for him.

- if you misuse the system, all your "Thank you" will be cleared.

7. webmaster said:

Quote Originally Posted by Spring View Post
    btw,

Please don't thank on posts where entire content is "Thank u" or "You are welcome"
    It makes little sense to thank someone who thanked you for a post (and even less to thank again to the person who said "you're welcome")

Example
    I cleared some "thanks" there

Dear members, please read thoroughly the "thank you" rules. It is very important for all to keep our system clean.

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by dm View Post
    I cleared some "thanks" there

Dear members, please read thoroughly the "thank you" rules. It is very important for all to keep our system clean.
    now, I get it, its also our job clear these kind of issues!
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!

9. boubou said:

Quote Originally Posted by Zahra2008 View Post
    now, I get it, its also our job clear these kind of issues!
    But what if we want to add a comment?
    This occurs often!
    Can't we thank by pressing the corresponding button and then add a new post with our comments?
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.
    A. Einstein

Spring said:

@dm
    I agree with Zahra..
    but I left those as example.. planning to remove them later
    And, thanks for the rules

@ boubou
    you can thank and then reply in the thread (add new post), as usual, with everything you have to say on the subject of course

citlalli said:

@Plain Chaos: LOL, nice to see I'm not the only one with double personality around here

@DM: Thanks for the rules! Let's hope everybody will do their best to stick to them
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

Orwa said:

DM, we will try our best to follow the rules, do not worry
    " Those that don't appreciate life..do not deserve life...how much blood are you willing to give to stay alive....live or die...make your choice... " ( Jigsaw)

istanbulgal said:

I'm still trying to figure out how this new system works, but an excellent idea to reward those, who actually help others. I also noticed a lot more activity in the translation sections, so the idea worked!

Once again I note that the most encouraging and appreciative moderator of all is Layla.
    Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character.
    Albert Einstein

geomac said:

hey guys, please help me! I would like to ,,thank you" for some users into a thread but, surprisingly, it was no ,,thank you" button for that users although the button existed for other users in the same thread !?
    The ,,thank you" points collected untill now for that users are only ,,0/1 times" (obviously,the points are not stuffed for a day long) so I don't see the reason for that users for not being able to get ,,thank you"

Here is the Link

Cosmonaut said:

Hey geomac.

I guess I can answer your question. The reason simply is that posts cannot be thanked retroactively. So you can only thank posts that have been made after thank you has been introduced. In your example the posts are from 2008

Being able to also thank the old posts is, by the way, something I'd wish for in the future. Many people worked hard prior to the introduction of this feature too and it seems that they'll go unrewarded..
    We are Brothers
    of the North
    who are sharing the All-Father's Blood

geomac said:

@cosmo

So this might be the reason. Thank you. I didn't noticed that the thread was initiated in 2008

As to your last statement, I agree with you - there must be a kind of awarding to those who worked a lot in the past...

citlalli said:

Hi guys!

@Geo:I don't think the reason for that problem is what Cosmo said, since I've been thanked in a thread dating back to november 2007. I don't have any idea though what the reason may be

PS. Nice to see u back!!
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

Cosmonaut said:

You're right, I also thanked Müge for a post made in january 09. But well, at least it has something to do with the date. I've never seen a new post that couldn't be thanked at any rate!
    We are Brothers
    of the North
    who are sharing the All-Father's Blood

geomac said:

@citlalli & cosmo - thank you for your help; in some way we'll find the reason; I'm still waiting for the answers ...

citlalli - nice to see you too could you lend me your car? it's so beautiful

muge said:

I really really miss the old rep system, the notes were super cute. if the rep system changed coz of the people who dont really translate some things but have higher reputations, i think its meaningless, in the end this is only a website, why d people care bout their reputation, it gives u nothing. so i think its a bit meaningless if this is the reason. and i really missed my notes, god
    Söz veriyorum, her şey çok güzel olacak, sadece sen ve ben...