Thanking people...

Thread: Thanking people...

Tags: None

Orwa said:

Dear DM,Thanks for your answer.., i think things became so clearly

Well, no worries, i liked the private messages feature, it's nice.., you're doing such a GREAT job around, thanks again!

but, i may suggest, just suggestion, why don't you make an icon beside the "OFF/ON" icon and the "Report" one for the PM's??, isn't it a nice idea??, anyway, it's nice as it is now

ah, now i understand it, actually i thought why we have the opition to remove the thanks, i didn't think that it's for Moderators.., anyway, thank you!

http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/ar...tml#post609443

Above is the post link.., it has a new thanks.., so they are 5 now .., anyway, i just wanted to know "why", but it doesn't a matter, don't worry!!!

everything is clear now.., so thanks super much DM, and the "Thanks" system is a good idea for such a language/musics forum.., Good luck!
    " Those that don't appreciate life..do not deserve life...how much blood are you willing to give to stay alive....live or die...make your choice... " ( Jigsaw)

El raisa said:

Quote Originally Posted by dm View Post
    Private messages system was upgraded:

- it is blinked in the right corner if you have new messages
    - you can see previews of messages in your inbox

Please make your suggestions what is wrong with our private messaging system and we will try to make it better.
    For example, may be you want to have a popup window when somebody sent a message to you?
    Thanks , It nice
    I already have a popup window when I have one ?!

I have a requist :
    to empty my inbox , I need to download my PMs , is there a way to make them ms word or pdf ?
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
    — Albert Einstein

damarys said:

Private messages system was upgraded:

- it is blinked in the right corner if you have new messages
    - you can see previews of messages in your inbox

Please make your suggestions what is wrong with our private messaging system and we will try to make it better.
    For example, may be you want to have a popup window when somebody sent a message to you?
    I like the blinking feature for the new messages. I already get a popup window when I get a new PM.
    The thanking system will take a bit to get used to for those of us who have been around for a while. I can completely understand the change. I worked as an interpreter for a very long time and did not see my reps go up until I started visiting some of the more social networking threads. I really don't care about how many reps I had BUT I do miss the messages that came along with the reps. They were more personal and specific about why I was getting reps. Now, the "thanks" is nice but it only comes with a name... there is no real personal contact with the person I'm thanking, or the person who is thanking me. That's what I miss. BUT I don't have any suggestions on how to fix it.

No matter.... this is still the best forum.

Spring said:

damarys, I think that can be solved by sending a private message to someone you want to "personally thank" but one thing I especially like about the new system is that everybody's thanks are public so everyone can see who thanked on posts and you can always go back to a post and see the thanks while in the rep system - you read the few comments but then you forget and you can never see the comments later.. you just have the number of points and that's it

5. webmaster said:

Quote Originally Posted by Orwa View Post
    but, i may suggest, just suggestion, why don't you make an icon beside the "OFF/ON" icon and the "Report" one for the PM's??, isn't it a nice idea??, anyway, it's nice as it is now
    Thank you for the suggestion! I maked a link there "send a private message" for more popularity. Later it will move to the icon, and later we will try to make sending pm without reloading, like it was in the rep.system

Orwa said:

Smile

Thank you for the suggestion! I maked a link there "send a private message" for more popularity. Later it will move to the icon, and later we will try to make sending pm without reloading, like it was in the rep.system
    Sir, You're "SUPER ADMINISTRATOR" i don't have more than this to say

Keep that way, ATL getting better & better, thank you
    " Those that don't appreciate life..do not deserve life...how much blood are you willing to give to stay alive....live or die...make your choice... " ( Jigsaw)

7. webmaster said:

Quote Originally Posted by citlalli View Post
    Well dear DM I'm afraid that with the "double thanks" has happened in several occasions It happened today again: I thanked Maviii in the Arabic grammar thread and it came out double; and later I thanked Daydream for a translation but it came out normal; and in both occasions I clicked only once! I swear!
    I can make a supposition that you have very strong carma just joking.

We will try to check out that double thanking, but as for me it is not a very big problem, so no reason to be worry.

8. webmaster said:

Quote Originally Posted by El raisa View Post
    I have a requist :
    to empty my inbox , I need to download my PMs , is there a way to make them ms word or pdf ?
    In the your inbox under a list of messages you can see a links

Download all Private Messages as:
    XML | CSV | Text

So you can download all your PMs in the Text format and then open it in the MSWord

9. webmaster said:

Sir, You're "SUPER ADMINISTRATOR" i don't have more than this to say
    Thank you very much for a compliment, but I can not take it because I know that I can do much more for this forum. Unfortunally it is not mine direct labor, so I have no enough time to do all my best...
    Last edited by webmaster; 06-22-2009 at 11:51 PM.

10. webmaster said:

We will try to check out that double thanking, but as for me it is not a very big problem, so no reason to be worry.
    Yes I can see that double thanking occurs sometimes. I think it occurs because of a slow connection + double clicking. In this way a server didn't receive first vote before member sent second vote.

please don't worry about it, all double thanking by one member could be found in the logs. So we will clean a system from time to time.

citlalli said:

Ahhh, ok, then I'll try to be extra-careful with my finger tips when thanking someone

Btw, I think that Orwa's idea about having a direct link to report abusing cases is very good.

And thanks for trying to improve ATL more and more!!!
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

El raisa said:

In the your inbox under a list of messages you can see a links

Download all Private Messages as:
    XML | CSV | Text

So you can download all your PMs in the Text format and then open it in the MSWord
    I usualy use XML , I do not know why Text does not open right with me

Thank alot
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
    — Albert Einstein

damarys said:

I am impressed with the level of assistance at this forum. The administrators are always so quick to help and to communicate with all of us. You all deserve a big THANK YOU!

14. webmaster said:

Quote Originally Posted by citlalli View Post
    Btw, I think that Orwa's idea about having a direct link to report abusing cases is very good.
    Looks like I misunderstood Orwa. OK, the link for reporting abusing is a good idea, we will try to create it.

El raisa said:

When the thanks bottun does not appear to me , does this mean I am out of thanking poeple ?
    — Albert Einstein

Zahra2008 said:

When the thanks bottun does not appear to me , does this mean I am out of thanking poeple ?
    you have only "5 thanks" per day... so maybe is that the reason
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!

El raisa said:

Quote Originally Posted by Zahra2008 View Post
    you have only "5 thanks" per day... so maybe is that the reason
    I am new at the French forum , may be I over acted !sorry , I will behave
    — Albert Einstein

Zahra2008 said:

I am new at the French forum , may be I over acted !sorry , I will behave
    yeah, you should!! lol
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!

19. PlainChaos said:

Why is some of us able to thank twice?! I mean it's not that I do it on purpose but whenever I like to thank somebody's post (and it hasn't got any thanks before) it says "2 users" and the person gets 2 points from me???

Spring said:

Seems the system sees you as separate Plain and Chaos

You can not thank twice on the same post - normally, after you've thanked on a post, the Thanks button disappears

So, in this case, the answer is probably the same as for citlalli's question:

Yes I can see that double thanking occurs sometimes. I think it occurs because of a slow connection + double clicking. In this way a server didn't receive first vote before member sent second vote.
    please don't worry about it, all double thanking by one member could be found in the logs. So we will clean a system from time to time.
    Although.. not really... because it doesn't show twice in the logs but only the count is double
    Last edited by Spring; 06-21-2009 at 10:20 AM. Reason: removing the obvious wrong answer :D