russian off-topic conversations

Thread: russian off-topic conversations

Tags: None

NikiLas said:

Quote Originally Posted by vuoklis View Post
    yes, i enjoyed watching it scandinavians manage to create something "fresh" aah.. now i want to se a film!
    there's also a very good (not scandinavian - it's turkish) film called "My father and my son" (Babam ve oğlum). i say it's WORTH seeing
    have you seen some other scandinavian films?
    I'll make sure to check out that Turkish film, I've seen one before, but do not remember the name of it, but it was good, I have good impressions about Turkish cinematography. and no, I haven't seen any other Scandinavian films, that was my first one.

@Tim, as far as I know (from my previous acquaintances from Baltic countries) Russian language is not widely spoken there anymore...

vuoklis said:

oh. percentage... i really can't give you exact numbers. i'd say, 2-3 out of 10 pupils and 9 out of 10 adults speak Russian here

tim2286 said:

can only speak russian and english now. learning german, starting chinese soon if that doesn't go too well french is a possiblity. Kazakh? wow ... I only know like 10-20 words in kazakh even though I took it for 4-5 years back when I lived there.

NikiLas said:

Wow!!! You lived in Kazakhstan?????? Me too!!! I learned it when I was in school!!!

vuoklis said:

Quote Originally Posted by NikiLas View Post
    Not many, yet: Russian and English, currently studying Spanish and Greek; but now that I'm out of school, my "studying" goes very-very slow. Some long time ago I started learning Kazakh, German and Hebrew (at different times), but it didn't go too well... I'm hoping to get back to German once I clear up my schedule.
    What about you? Lithuanian, Russian, Ukrainian, English, what else?
    Tim, you're welcome to answer this question too
    nono, i can't speak Ukrainian i can only understand the meaning of what is said in this language i'm fluent in Norwegian (since that's what i'm studying at the unversity) and i'm learning Turkish; i had beed learning Georgian for the past year but i doubt i'll continue it (it is a nice language though)
    Kazakh, Hebrew - thats exotic! i llllike it

tim2286 said:

yes ma'am. born there well technically born in the USSR . lived there for the first decade of my live and now live in TX.

vuoklis said:

Quote Originally Posted by tim2286 View Post
    can only speak russian and english now. learning german, starting chinese soon if that doesn't go too well french is a possiblity. Kazakh? wow ... I only know like 10-20 words in kazakh even though I took it for 4-5 years back when I lived there.
    i have this silly question for a long time now.. why did you start learning Russian (you learned it, right?)?

vuoklis said:

I'll make sure to check out that Turkish film, I've seen one before, but do not remember the name of it, but it was good, I have good impressions about Turkish cinematography. and no, I haven't seen any other Scandinavian films, that was my first one.
    there's a wonderful old film cold "Famine" ("Sult"). it's.. i think it's danish but based on a novel by a norwegian writer Knut Hamsun.

tim2286 said:

I know conversational russian, But when it comes to reading newspapers etc. I don't understand/know many of the "harder" words. Got myself a russian -English dictionary read newspapers, listen to Echo Moscow and translate songs here to improve it. lol

NikiLas said:

Vuoklis, It was sooo nice chatting with you. Maybe later on you can suggest some Norwegian movies for me? I have to go now...

Tim, I am so happy to find a neighbor here!!! ))

Talk to you later guys!

vuoklis said:

sure
    bye bye

vuoklis said:

Quote Originally Posted by tim2286 View Post
    I know conversational russian, But when it comes to reading newspapers etc. I don't understand/know many of the "harder" words. Got myself a russian -English dictionary read newspapers, listen to Echo Moscow and translate songs here to improve it. lol
    that's the only way to learn a language. although for me the worst part is learning the words.. and idioms :/

tim2286 said:

good talking to all of you, might come back to see what happened later on maybe not

vuoklis said:

i'm little one, что эт беспокоиться? всё путём это жеж так просто произноситься! о, скажу байку: норвени не выговаривают букву Ж, а турки - Ц. ыы. (ну, и ещё туркам сложно запоминать длинные имена. вот я - Валентина, а нетя всё Виолетами да Валериями обзывают )
    а я уж лучше одену что-то с длинными рукавами и зай себе думают, что угодно

Fire, чем больше слушаю французкий, тем больше хочется этот язык выучить. чооорт, это будет не скоро если вообще будет.

да, люди, хотите офф-топа, пишите сюда, не стесняйтесь

15. boubou said:

Not many, yet: Russian and English, currently studying Spanish and Greek; but now that I'm out of school, my "studying" goes very-very slow. Some long time ago I started learning Kazakh, German and Hebrew (at different times), but it didn't go too well... I'm hoping to get back to German once I clear up my schedule.
    What about you? Lithuanian, Russian, Ukrainian, English, what else?
    Tim, you're welcome to answer this question too
    Nikilas, I now remember you posting at times at the greek section?
    Wow!
    All this thing with the languages is so nice round here.
    And all of you, russian-speaking people are so helpful!!!
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.
    A. Einstein

NikiLas said:

Всем привет! Есть кто живой?

Hi Boubou! It's nice to see you here!
    Yes, I've posted in Greek section for a while (that's how I came across this site,) but then I "discovered" google translate and now I try not to bother people as much. But still, sometimes it's hard to find the lyrics.
    How have you been? How well do you speak Russian?
    Last edited by NikiLas; 06-15-2009 at 05:05 PM.

tim2286 said:

google translate is terrible. translate english text to russian and TRY to read it you'll see what I mean lol

jandros said:

Vuoklis, thanks for this topic! And when I can manage to develop some actual skills, I'll try them here!

Tim and Niki, Kazakhstan?! If you see Aksios here on ATL (she's a wonderful Turkish lady) her любимый is from Kazakhstan
    Last edited by jandros; 06-15-2009 at 04:37 PM. Reason: corrected my bad grammar :eek:
    Having problems with vertigo for 2-3 days ... it's temporary, a mild case and it will pass, but for now I can't stay on the computer as much as normal :-/ ...

kolbaskina said:

Quote Originally Posted by jandros View Post
    Tim and Niki, Kazakhstan?! If you see Aksios here on ATL (she's a wonderful Turkish lady) her любимый is from Kazakhstan
    Oh, i know him) I thought he's Türk. Anyway he's also very kind boy

NikiLas: я живой)
    Эх, давно тут не была, среди русскоговорящих
    нам ніколи, мабуть, не дійти до межі,
    за якою немає ні смутку, ні страху...

Bizim gibi delilere her gün bayram

NikiLas said:

Jandroooos!!! So nice to see you HERE!
    Yes, I remember you telling about somebody form KZ when we first met, but I never followed up...

Tim, google translate is terrible! some words don't translate but transliterate, and it's awful, but it gives me some idea, I don't have to look each word up in the dictionary, and the song that I pick to translate usually goes as "I love you, I miss you" etc. so, i don't feel too bad about using it

Колбаскина, привет!!!
    Спасибо за перевод Океан Элзи!!! Они мне нравятся, но Украинский - моё слабое место