russian off-topic conversations

Thread: russian off-topic conversations

Tags: None

vuoklis said:

Default russian off-topic conversations

let's study Russian in one thread and practice our skills in another давайте общаться по-русски

NikiLas said:

Yay!!! и как мы об этом раньше не подумали! ))

vuoklis said:

Nikilas, ты спрашивала про ту литовскую песню её поёт Jurga Šeduikytė (Юрга Шедуйките)

vuoklis said:

Quote Originally Posted by NikiLas View Post
    Yay!!! и как мы об этом раньше не подумали! ))
    может думали, но стеснялись действовать... :Р

NikiLas said:

Спасибо, как только домой доберусь буду слушать. Что ещё хорошего посоветуешь? Что-нибудь грузинское? Если ты язык учишь, наверняка знаешь хороших исполнителей?
    Это ничего, что я сразу на "ты" перешла?

vuoklis said:

дааальше.. Randajaad - эстонское, из Евровидения я просто влюбилась в эту песню
    в Литве мало хороших ихполнителей - большинство - наглые бездарные плагиаторы (и как их вообще осмеливаются разкручивать..). Юрга, которую я рекламировала, входит в список лучших у нас ещё есть Andrius Mamontovas (Андрюс Мамонтовас), Jieva (Йева) и Алина Орлова как по мне, это всё, что у нас есть (пока)
    а ты, Nikilas, какую музыку любишь?

vuoklis said:

Спасибо, как только домой доберусь буду слушать. Что ещё хорошего посоветуешь? Что-нибудь грузинское? Если ты язык учишь, наверняка знаешь хороших исполнителей?
    Это ничего, что я сразу на "ты" перешла?
    это было бы плохо, если бы я с тобой на "ты", а ты со мной - на "вы" прекрасно, что вот так вот все на "ты"
    из грузинского я пока нашла только Нино Катамадзе и Кэти Мелуа но поиски продолжаются
    раз уж начала...
    ещё есть такой норвежский коллектив "Vamp" (не знаю, что за стиль у них, но песенки такие.. из тех, что по спокойнее ), а ещё - Gåte (Готе. они перепевают норвежские баллады в стиле "рок").

NikiLas said:

Ты права, но я решила уточнить на всякий случай

Я без ума от греческой музыки. Могу посоветовать Giannis Ploutarhos (Γιάννης Πλούταρχος) - мне очень нравится, но мои друзья говорят, что у него слишком "сладкий" голос. Но, на вкус и цвет товарищей нет, как говорится, поэтому и создали этот форум, чтобы людям было легче жить )

tim2286 said:

randajad http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaMbpuyOEdo&hd=1 was the best song in eurovision, I listen to it a lot. also about estonian singers, kerli is estonian although she sings in english has been somewhat popular in Europe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6xi7VY8iDM, <<< walking on air pop/rock. Watched some of her interviews in estonian (think some are translated into english) on youtube.

Also not sure if you know but estonian and lithuanian are quite different. Latvian is closer to lithuanian, and finnish and estonian share a lot of words/grammar

and vouklis, since this is off-topic thread, hopefully you can help me with this: Is russian widely spoken in your country (other baltic countries), roughly what %, has it fallen a lot since the early 1990's. I became very interested in the topic recently (the economic/language/politics) of the post-soviet states/ East Germany and West Germany. And there is not much information on lithuania/latvia/estonia, hopefully you can give me some information
    Last edited by tim2286; 06-12-2009 at 03:31 PM.

vuoklis said:

Ты права, но я решила уточнить на всякий случай

Я без ума от греческой музыки. Могу посоветовать Giannis Ploutarhos (Γιάννης Πλούταρχος) - мне очень нравится, но мои друзья говорят, что у него слишком "сладкий" голос. Но, на вкус и цвет товарищей нет, как говорится, поэтому и создали этот форум, чтобы людям было легче жить )
    оо, надо будет проведать спасибо
    хыхы, мне тоже все говорят, что моя саааамая любимая музыка - вообще не музыка но так ведь даже интереснее (всмысле, когда всем нравится что-то другое)

vuoklis said:

Quote Originally Posted by tim2286 View Post
    randajad http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaMbpuyOEdo&hd=1 was the best song in eurovision, I listen to it a lot. also about estonian singers, kerli is estonian although she sings in english has been somewhat popular in Europe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6xi7VY8iDM, <<< walking on air pop/rock. Watched some of her interviews in estonian (think some are translated into english) on youtube.

Also not sure if you know but estonian and lithuanian are quite different. Latvian is closer to lithuanian, and finnish and estonian share a lot of words/grammar
    still, lithuanians don't understand what latvians say and vice versa

NikiLas said:

Hey! Thank you for joining us, Tim!

I didn't know the relation between those languages, but knew that they are all different.

Recently I watched a Norwegian/Swedish movie (I think) it's called "Kitchen Stories," not sure how close those languages to Finnish, but it sounded soooo nice!!!

vuoklis said:

Hey! Thank you for joining us, Tim!

I didn't know the relation between those languages, but knew that they are all different.

Recently I watched a Norwegian/Swedish movie (I think) it's called "Kitchen Stories," not sure how close those languages to Finnish, but it sounded soooo nice!!!
    !!! i know that film! Swedish and Norwegian have nothing to do with Finnish, i tell you for sure

NikiLas said:

Quote Originally Posted by vuoklis View Post
    still, lithuanians don't understand what latvians say and vice versa
    Some of my American friends don't believe me when I say that I don't understand Ukrainian language, but sharing alphabet and grammar is simply not enough to understand each other, even though some words are very-very similar, or the same. To me, learning a new language is a new adventure, something like learning a path in deep forest not to get lost later on...

NikiLas said:

Quote Originally Posted by vuoklis View Post
    !!! i know that film! Swedish and Norwegian have nothing to do with Finnish, i tell you for sure
    Well, they were talking about Finns there too, so I wasn't sure. Did you like that movie?

vuoklis said:

Some of my American friends don't believe me when I say that I don't understand Ukrainian language, but sharing alphabet and grammar is simply not enough to understand each other, even though some words are very-very similar, or the same. To me, learning a new language is a new adventure, something like learning a path in deep forest not to get lost later on...
    yeah, similar alphabets create some misunderstandings (that's off the topic, but.. my ukrainian relatives couldn't beieve i couldn't speak ukrainian (my grandpa's ukrainian). that's another thing people can't get used to: language skills are not genetically inherited )
    i have a similar feeling when starting to study a language! and i always am terrified when hearing native speakers speak the language i'm starting to learn - i'm always afraid that i won't be able to learn that much
    what languages do you know? (that's the most common question philology students ask..)

tim2286 said:

my question got buried up there ^^^^, vouklis did you see it?

vuoklis said:

Well, they were talking about Finns there too, so I wasn't sure. Did you like that movie?
    yes, i enjoyed watching it scandinavians manage to create something "fresh" aah.. now i want to se a film!
    there's also a very good (not scandinavian - it's turkish) film called "My father and my son" (Babam ve oğlum). i say it's WORTH seeing
    have you seen some other scandinavian films?

NikiLas said:

Not many, yet: Russian and English, currently studying Spanish and Greek; but now that I'm out of school, my "studying" goes very-very slow. Some long time ago I started learning Kazakh, German and Hebrew (at different times), but it didn't go too well... I'm hoping to get back to German once I clear up my schedule.
    What about you? Lithuanian, Russian, Ukrainian, English, what else?
    Tim, you're welcome to answer this question too

vuoklis said:

Quote Originally Posted by tim2286 View Post
    and vouklis, since this is off-topic thread, hopefully you can help me with this: Is russian widely spoken in your country (other baltic countries), roughly what %, has it fallen a lot since the early 1990's. I became very interested in the topic recently (the economic/language/politics) of the post-soviet states/ East Germany and West Germany. And there is not much information on lithuania/latvia/estonia, hopefully you can give me some information
    well Russian is mostly spoken by "the older generation" - those who graduated from schools while Lithuania was stil a part of the USSR. There are very fiew pupils who speak this language. so i say the total number of Russian-speaking people is decreasing little by little. But those who don't know this language regret it alot (especially if they are university students) because the best info you can get on most topics is.. yes, it's written in Russian