A little Bulgarian phrasebook

Thread: A little Bulgarian phrasebook

Tags: None

LadyDiamond.дама диамант said:

errr now im confused are they right or wrong?
    ೋღ♥ღೋ...обичам България..Моите душа и сърце принадлежат на България. За мен България е най-хубавата страна на света...ೋღ♥ღೋ

NyLoN_BoY said:

Quote Originally Posted by LadyDiamond.дама диамант View Post
    errr now im confused are they right or wrong?

both are correct, but we prefer to say "dvayset", not "dvadeset"
    Всичко е лъжа, заблуда и лъжа, заблуда, всичко е лъжа...

Quote Originally Posted by NyLoN_BoY View Post
    both are correct, but we prefer to say "dvayset", not "dvadeset"
    Ок.....you never saw my homework btw
    ೋღ♥ღೋ...обичам България..Моите душа и сърце принадлежат на България. За мен България е най-хубавата страна на света...ೋღ♥ღೋ

lopatka said:

Why would they be archaic?? They are logically right - we say "Deset", therefore it should be "Dva" + "Deset" = DvaDeset! Where does this "Dvayset" come from? Just because that's how we pronounce it, doesn't mean that we should write it like that. Well,why don't we simplify everything elese then? We'll remove the articles, cuz it's easier without them, we'll remove "ьо", cuz noone really needs it, we'll write "децки, грацки", cuz that's how they are pronounced anyway, why bother use "тс". And finally. we can remove the commas because noone aknowledges them anyway :]

My teachers never taught me to write "Dvayset", in the dictionaries they use the "Dvadeset" form .. I'm really furious that these old, crazy men from BAN would give the thumbs up to simplifying the language ...
    Ungir kallar, kátir kallar, gangiđ upp á gólv dansiđ lystilig!

Quote Originally Posted by lopatka View Post
    Why would they be archaic?? They are logically right - we say "Deset", therefore it should be "Dva" + "Deset" = DvaDeset! Where does this "Dvayset" come from? Just because that's how we pronounce it, doesn't mean that we should write it like that. Well,why don't we simplify everything elese then? We'll remove the articles, cuz it's easier without them, we'll remove "ьо", cuz noone really needs it, we'll write "децки, грацки", cuz that's how they are pronounced anyway, why bother use "тс". And finally. we can remove the commas because noone aknowledges them anyway :]

My teachers never taught me to write "Dvayset", in the dictionaries they use the "Dvadeset" form .. I'm really furious that these old, crazy men from BAN would give the thumbs up to simplifying the language ...
    old crazy men hahahhahaha

lopatka said:

Well yeah, recently they said that they had spoken to extraterrestrials and asked them 30 questions which they answered to ... like ***

crazytofik said:

Well lopatka ... the main thing in the language is that it is changing all the time ... like 50 years ago you have "yus" vowel in the alphabet and now you don't ... maaaany years ago there were cases in bulgarian and now you don't have them, the same with articles ... you didnt have them now you do ... so it changs

I don't know you Lopatka but you have written in location box that you live in Toronto, I don't know how long have you been living there but it must be reason why you know this dvadeset version which might be a little bit oldfashioned
    София, Пловдив, Варна, Бургас, чалга до дупка - купона е при нас.

lopatka said:

I came here when I was 15. That was 4 years ago ;] I studied Bulgarian in school from 1997-2005. Did the language change for those 4 years I was absent? We had the "yus" and I'd love to still have it, but the communists removed it and Russionalized our language .. why are we still doing this?

crazytofik said:

I don't know I love bulgarian they way it is but we can't do anything about some changes in language

tedinkyyy said:

I was also about to say that we rather use "dvajset" than "dvadeset" but actually both are correct according to the newest grammer rules But still, dvadeset sounds more official to me, while dvajset is the everyday-speech-word
    Eins.. hier kommt die Sonne
    Zwei..hier kommt die Sonne
    Drei.. hier kommt die Sonne
    Vier
    Fünf
    Sechs
    Sieben..
    Acht..
    Neun.....
    Ich hab' keine Lust.

lopatka said:

Yes, that's how even I pronounce it, but it's not how I write it ;]

As I said, we say "децки", but we write "детски"
    we say "зборник", but we write "сборник"
    we say "четъ", but we write "чета".....

how do you pronounce dvajset? :s

can some one tell me the english to this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2zTc6QOEZI lyrics on screen

crazytofik said:

like dvayset

lopatka said:

"Dv (like in Dve, but without the "e") + I + set" :} but many people don't even pronounce the "T" at the end ... should we say it's "Dvajse" then?

Quote Originally Posted by lopatka View Post
    "Dv (like in Dve, but without the "e") + I + set" :} but many people don't even pronounce the "T" at the end ... should we say it's "Dvajse" then?
    dont confuse me with random words like dvajse hahaha

crazytofik said:

hehe

but dvajset is in standart bulgarian language I can show you scan from my bulgarian book which is made by bulgarian man we have only forms like dvajset, trijset so that's why I was shocked when I saw forms like dvadeset, trideset here anyways I can tell you that in polish numbers are also made different ways and chuzhencite often are confused

Quote Originally Posted by crazytofik View Post
    hehe

but dvajset is in standart bulgarian language I can show you scan from my bulgarian book which is made by bulgarian man we have only forms like dvajset, trijset so that's why I was shocked when I saw forms like dvadeset, trideset here anyways I can tell you that in polish numbers are also made different ways and chuzhencite often are confused
    i get mixed up with bulgarian and french let alone adding polish haha..and id like to see that scan please

crazytofik said:

When I get back to Warsaw (now I'm at home in Olsztyn) I'll scan and send it to you

lopatka said:

No, it's not standart. It simplified, to suite the needs of the lazy people who cannot learn their grammar and proper writing. And I'm shocked that somebody would teach that to a foreigner.