Help with this song- piano at beginning with a female singer

Thread: Help with this song- piano at beginning with a female singer

Tags: None
  1. Albie09 said:

Default Help with this song- piano at beginning with a female singer

Whose this artist and song?

OK, I know it's a long shot because I don't know the lyrics. haha but I was hoping you could take a stab at this type of singer atleast. She has a style of music which sort of sounds like Anna Nalick to me. She sounds like an indie/folk singer. Her voice is calm and it's sort of high. It's definitely not low.

Someone told me her name before and I completely forget it, but here's what I do know:

1) It's a solo artist
    2) She isn't too famous..I had never heard of her before.
    3) It's a pretty current song.. couldn't be more than 6 or 7 years old. Could be 6 months old idk lol.
    4) There's piano playing in the beginning and it is so catchy! It moves quickly, although the song isn't a fast song. I can hear the piano in my head "bum, bum, bum, bum, BUM, BUM, BUM, BUM bum, bum, bum, bum, BUM, BUM, BUM, BUM"
    so yeah that's two counts of 8 of quarter notes and then that tune repeats again (I think)
    And then she starts singing and the piano plays through the whole song. I don't think drums, or guitars, are in it.
    5) I heard it in my lyrical dance class when we were going across the floor
    6) It's a really pretty song

So it would be amazing if you knew what I was talking about but atleast take a stab at the singer:

*Who is a singer like anna nalick or sara bareilles (without the pop/rock vibe) that isn't too main stream or famous who uses mainly all piano in one of songs. If you could narrow it down to even like 3 names who vaguely fit this description that would be great!

atmaestro said:

Try Norah Jones. Most of her songs have a piano intro.
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

3. ambular21 said:

Default mayyyybe

I joined this site just to reply to your question haha...
    because I was looking for a song with this description too and I think this is it...

vanessa carlton- a thousand miles?

sorry if thats not it!! I tried
    =D

4. Setforth said:

Default dude..

dude...your description about that song almost match what i'm searching...try this maybe this is it..
    Leona Lewis-better in time

let me know if that's it

5. Ahrennnnn said:

Omg this is the exact song that I'm looking for! Did you end up finding it or perhaps the name of the singer? I want to use it for a lyrical piece and I'm struggling to find it