Speaking French - A place to practice and exchange

Thread: Speaking French - A place to practice and exchange

Tags: None

Loca-por-Ba!le said:

ohhhhh! I thought u were Arab "Egyptian" Good u agree that ur language is difficult hahaha Since u love Egypt, I don't know if u have know that, but here in Egypt, French is the second language and they study it since the first year of secondary school, normally, and since the first year of intermediat school in Languages schools ,in which students study in EN, and since the first year of the primary school if u join one of those special schools which deal in French and in those schools, students used to have to talk to each other in French inside the confines of the school and they r not allowed to talk in Arabicl!! What's this?!! I didn't study French unfortunately coz I didn't study here in Egypt.
    I'm sorry. I caused a headache for u!
    Mais pourquoi tu aimes l'Egypte?

Lyssa said:

LOL! I'd like to be xd Yeah it's true, French isn't the easiest language! I didn't know that, but that's great it means Egyptian people can understand me even if I can't speak Egyptian, but i want to learn it! Maybe you could help me with this^^
    No it's okay, very interesting things
    Parce que c'est un pays magnifique =) J'aime beaucoup l'histoire et l'Egypte ancienne c'est ce qui m'intéresse le plus. Quand j'étais jeune je voulais devenir égyptologue! En plus il y a le désert, la mer qui est bien chaude et très belle
    Donc il y a tout: culture, monuments, pyramides, plage...

[ if you want me to translate the French part, just ask. I let you guess first if there are unknown words for you ]

Loca-por-Ba!le said:

"If there r unknown words for me"!! hahaha No, you can replace it by: "If there r known words for me" hahaha
    I've gotten the help of my companion Google with some words, but I left the others for u. Il ne puet pas traduir. ()

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssa View Post
    LOL! I'd like to be xd Yeah it's true, French isn't the easiest language! I didn't know that, but that's great it means Egyptian people can understand me even if I can't speak Egyptian, but i want to learn it! Maybe you could help me with this^^
    Oui, pour sûr! -for sure- When do u want us to start? Mais j'ai une condition: I'll help u with that in Freeench!
    Hey, we already have a thread here for teaching Egyptian accent -in Spanish- in Arabic section. If u want, u can join ^_^

No it's okay, very interesting things : )
    Parce que c'est un pays magnifique =) J'aime beaucoup l'histoire et l'Egypte ancienne c'est ce qui m'intéresse le plus. Quand j'étais jeune je voulais devenir égyptologue! En plus il y a le désert, la mer qui est bien chaude et très belle : p
    Donc il y a tout: culture, monuments, pyramides, plage...
    ahaaa I see then. Wish u can visite us one day ^_^ and of course u r welcome.

[ if you want me to translate the French part, just ask. I let you guess first if there are unknown words for you ]
    Je ne compris pas les expretiones I underlined them. Tu puex me aider?

P.S: Merci beaucoup pour me parler en Français! ^_^ Thanks alot for talking to me in French

Lyssa said:

LOL! Google doesn't know everything :s
    On peut commencer tout de suite si tu veux =) I'm still on holidays, but soon I'll have school so I don't know how much time I'll have left than xD
    Allright I'll check this thread in the arabic section ^^

& now to translate:

En plus il y a = furthermore, there is
    Donc il y a tout = so there is everything

- "il y a" is very used in French, most of time it means "there is/there are" but you can use it to give an indication about time too.

Exemple: IL Y A des gens = THERE ARE people / IL Y A une maison = THERE IS one house

IL Y A 10 ans = 10 years AGO
    => When talking about time, "il y a" refers to some PAST event and there is always an indication about how long ago.

- En plus ( you can say "de plus" too, better in some writtten exam ) is used
    * to ad something,
    * to emphasize.
    Exemple: On est en vacances, super! [ We're on holidays, great ! ]
    Oui, EN PLUS il y a du soleil [ Yes, and there is EVEN sun! ]

- Donc = So

- Tout = Everything

I hope it's clear If you have any question, n'hésite pas

5. jivago said:

"clap, clap, clap" Bravo Lyssa ! Rien a redire à tes leçons simples et claires.

Quote Originally Posted by Loca-por-Ba!le View Post
    Hey! Why did u type it twice. I can understand French very well
    Bien sûr cher/chère Loca-por-Ba!le, mais d'autres nous lisent peut-être et pourraient moins bien connaître le français que toi.

Loca-por-Ba!le said:

LOL! Google doesn't know everything :s
    On peut commencer tout de suite si tu veux =) I'm still on holidays, but soon I'll have school so I don't know how much time I'll have left than xD
    Allright I'll check this thread in the arabic section ^^
    Je puex te envoyer une vidéo du alphabet arabe

& now to translate:

En plus il y a = furthermore, there is
    Donc il y a tout = so there is everything

- "il y a" is very used in French, most of time it means "there is/there are" but you can use it to give an indication about time too.

Exemple: IL Y A des gens = THERE ARE people / IL Y A une maison = THERE IS one house

IL Y A 10 ans = 10 years AGO
    => When talking about time, "il y a" refers to some PAST event and there is always an indication about how long ago.

- En plus ( you can say "de plus" too, better in some writtten exam ) is used
    * to ad something,
    * to emphasize.
    Exemple: On est en vacances, super! [ We're on holidays, great ! ]
    Oui, EN PLUS il y a du soleil [ Yes, and there is EVEN sun! ]

- Donc = So

- Tout = Everything

I hope it's clear If you have any question, n'hésite pas
    Oh, merci beaucoup pour l'explication et l'effort. Oui, c'est clair et c'est très utile pour moi.

I'd like to know what this :"il y a" means since I read that school book and I'd like to know how we can express this "There is/are" in French. So thanx so much.

Loca-por-Ba!le said:

Quote Originally Posted by jivago View Post
    "clap, clap, clap" Bravo Lyssa ! Rien a redire à tes leçons simples et claires.

Bien sûr cher/chère Loca-por-Ba!le, mais d'autres nous lisent peut-être et pourraient moins bien connaître le français que toi.
    Je ne pus pas comprendre sans Google J'étais en train de "jok" avec toi (I was jokking with u), Je ne puex pas comprendre bien that I'm quite beginner yet

Lyssa said:

Ah oui une vidéo avec l'alphabet ce serait très utile!

De rien, je suis contente si ça peut t'aider

El raisa said:

Salut les amis , comment ca va ?

Loca : did you join the French club ?!
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
    — Albert Einstein

Loca-por-Ba!le said:

Salut El raisa! Comment vas-tu? WelCome back!

Oui, I joined the club, finally! You know, Spanish is not that important in Egypt and I decided that I need to support Spanish by other language and I selected French initially; coz I wanted to learn a different language in pronounciation and I thought if I went well with it I'd continue and till now it seems good for me!

أنا كنت عايزة أقول: إن أنا قلت لنفسي لو مشيت فيه كويس هكمل ... يا ترى اللي أنا قلته بالإنجليزي ده عك وللا إيه؟

Sorry, I'm replying too late coz I didn't enter much and I couldn't use the computer much before. I've just started to participate!

Dead JaSMiNe said:

Salut tout le monde !

comment allez-vous?

moi aussi j'ai étudiée la langue francaise,
    mé je fais bcp d'erreurs,a cause du manque de Pratique !

I Here A CrY !!

El raisa said:

Quote Originally Posted by Loca-por-Ba!le View Post
    Salut El raisa! Comment vas-tu? WelCome back!

Oui, I joined the club, finally! You know, Spanish is not that important in Egypt and I decided that I need to support Spanish by other language and I selected French initially; coz I wanted to learn a different language in pronounciation and I thought if I went well with it I'd continue and till now it seems good for me!

أنا كنت عايزة أقول: إن أنا قلت لنفسي لو مشيت فيه كويس هكمل ... يا ترى اللي أنا قلته بالإنجليزي ده عك وللا إيه؟

Sorry, I'm replying too late coz I didn't enter much and I couldn't use the computer much before. I've just started to participate!
    Not late dear , sorry I am , you said it clear , do not worry , now ..back to French
    ca va bien , et toi ?
    Bon chance chere
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
    — Albert Einstein

El raisa said:

Quote Originally Posted by Dead JaSMiNe View Post
    Salut tout le monde !

comment allez-vous?

moi aussi j'ai étudiée la langue francaise,
    mé je fais bcp d'erreurs,a cause du manque de Pratique !
    Salut et bienvenue , Je suis comme toi ..exactement , je ne sait pas pourquoi ce thread a arrêté !!
    — Albert Einstein

citlalli said:

Quote Originally Posted by El raisa View Post
    Salut et bienvenue , Je suis comme toi ..exactement , je ne sait pas pourquoi ce thread a arrêté !!
    Parce que tu n'étais pas là!!! mais maintenant tu es ici une autre fois
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

El raisa said:

oops !!!!!
    Je ne sais pas que Je suis tres importante
    Merci beaucoup ma belle amie
    — Albert Einstein

Dead JaSMiNe said:

Merci Bcp Soeur ^^

tu vois ! u r so lucky, coz u ve such friends

I Here A CrY !!

El raisa said:

Merci pour toi ,est ce que tu es Arabe ?
    — Albert Einstein

Avoss said:

Bonjour

Dead JaSMiNe said:

Bjr El raisa et avoss

No, je suis pas une arabe

je suis une Tamazight

Je parle bien l'arabe et j'ai bcp des poèmes en arabe

I Here A CrY !!

Avoss said:

Quote Originally Posted by Dead JaSMiNe View Post
    Je parle bien l'arabe et j'ai bcp des poèmes en arabe