Learning Hebrew language

Thread: Learning Hebrew language

Tags: None
  1. rose4576 said:

good luck for all thos who learn hebrew and want to learn hebrew.
    the hebrew language is truly not a hard language to learn.
    keep up the good jub.
    for me the best way to learn any language, is by listening to music.

Ba- hatz- la- ch - good luck - בהצלחה

yosis said:

Talking

מממ רוז עברית זו כן שפה קשה זה תלוי מה שפת האם שלך
    להיפטר ממבטא זה קשה זכר ונקבה אני מכיר באופן אישי כמה אנשים שהם שנים בארץ ויש להם מבטא כבד והם מתבלבלים בין זכר לנקבה
    כאלה עם מבטא הולנדי אמריקאי רוסי צרפתי ועוד
    השפה שלנו קשה אפילו ישנם חלק מערבי ישראל שלא יודעים כמעט עברית יצא לי להכיר כמה כאלו , והרמה של העברית של ערביי ישראל היא נמוכה מאוד המון טעויות לשוניות ושפה דלה זה בגלל שלא משקיעים בבתי ספר שלהם מספיק בשיעור עברית , בקשר לאנגלית רוב הציבור החילוני יהודי יודע עברית לגבי שאר האוכלוסיות הם פחות יודעות
    אז

Janene Aliza said:

Quote Originally Posted by rose4576 View Post
    for me the best way to learn any language, is by listening to music. - בהצלחה
    Exactly - Bediyuk - בדיוק

4. lashonhabrith said:

Shalom LHL,

Have you heard of the the theory of Edenics, hypothesized by Professor Isaac Mozeson, which posits that Scriptural Hebrew (or Proto-Palaeo Hebrew) is the first language from which all other languages have been derived? It's quite a theory with a huge corpus of evidence to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by LHL View Post
    Hi, everyone

I seriously have no clue as how many people would like to learn this beautiful language in this forum. But as a person who is obsessed in languages I can assure you that this language is on top of my list next to Arabic. So is there anyone willing to lend me a hand and take me to this promised language? (I promised myself that I have to conquer this language lol).

I am currently satisfied with the help I am getting from the Arabic forum. So I am coming here with the same intention, and I hope that I get assisted but if not no problemo it will not stop my journey.

yosis said:

Quote Originally Posted by lashonhabrith View Post
    Shalom LHL,

Have you heard of the the theory of Edenics, hypothesized by Professor Isaac Mozeson, which posits that Scriptural Hebrew (or Proto-Palaeo Hebrew) is the first language from which all other languages have been derived? It's quite a theory with a huge corpus of evidence to back it up.
    Why are you thinking that Hebrew is the language very beautiful?
    I personally would like to know another language that has a lot of speakers
    cuse to hebrew there is no many speakers native
    Number of native speakers of Hebrew is:
    In the world over a million, in Israel, 1.6 million native Arabic, another 300,000, over half a million Russian and 5.4 million native Hebrew speakers

6. 1inamillion1 said:

Quote Originally Posted by rose4576 View Post
    good luck for all thos who learn hebrew and want to learn hebrew.
    the hebrew language is truly not a hard language to learn.
    keep up the good jub.
    for me the best way to learn any language, is by listening to music.

Ba- hatz- la- ch - good luck - בהצלחה
    Totally agree Rose!
    Hebrew really is not a difficult language - that's not to say that it's not an amazing one!
    In the beginning it's a bit confusing because of the structure, but once you learn the science behind it, it's just amazing.
    I want to point out that just because you learn an "easy" language, it doesn't mean that it's less of an achievement than learning a "hard" language!
    For example, Spanish is supposed to be the easiest language for an English speaker to learn, and although understanding the basics is quite easy - some parts are truly difficult for me! I felt stupid for a while.
    Then again, Arabic is considered "very hard" - but I find it really easy! Especially Lebanese and Egyptian dialects I find very simple, and Gulf dialects are much harder but not impossible. The hard ones are the North African ones but they have a huge influence of Berber and French. Standard Arabic is hard but nobody speaks that as a first language anyway and most people in the Arab world are not perfect at speaking it anyway.
    Basically the point of my post is that learning Hebrew is every bit as impressive as learning Chinese, Arabic, Spanish, Japanese, Mongolian or English. All languages are difficult in their own ways and easy in others, but they are all achievements!

Keep learning Hebrew guys, it's a very interesting language and you will be very proud of yourselves when you complete it :-)

7. turkamit said:

Default Learning Hebrew with Stick Around

There is an amazing way to start learning Hebrew that is called "Stick Around".
    It is a set that contains 529 stickers to label your home and office - with Hebrew, English and transliteration.
    It helped my wife and I alot - it is both fun, engaging and effective.

Check it out at www.gingerhood.com

Highly recommended.

8. RudyG said:

I too love Hebrew dearly, and also think it is a beautiful language, with a lot of rich history to boot.
    So I thought I'd add my little input to this thread. Here are a pair of links to very good tutorials for learning Hebrew:
    http://foundationstone.com.au/
    http://fsi-language-courses.org/Content.php?page=Hebrew

Here's a Forum entirely dedicated to the Hebrew language. One word per post.
    Hebrew Forum

Dictionary
    Morfix Dictionary

Enjoy
    Rudy

9. PIMOS said:

Quote Originally Posted by RudyG View Post
    I too love Hebrew dearly, and also think it is a beautiful language, with a lot of rich history to boot.
    So I thought I'd add my little input to this thread. Here are a pair of links to very good tutorials for learning Hebrew:
    http://foundationstone.com.au/
    http://fsi-language-courses.org/Content.php?page=Hebrew

Here's a Forum entirely dedicated to the Hebrew language. One word per post.
    Hebrew Forum

Dictionary
    Morfix Dictionary

Enjoy
    Rudy
    לפי מה אני חושב אני ואת לדעת עברית טוב

10. lashonhabrith said:

Bereishiyth 1:1 Bereishiyth bara' Elohim eith hashamayim weeith haarets
    Genesis 1:1 In the beginning Elohim created the heavens and the earth.

Bereishiyth 2:4 ... Behayom asah YHWH Elohim haaretz wehashamayim
    Genesis 2:4 In the day that YaHuWAH Elohim made the earth and the heavens

I understand that these verses and everything in-between is a song that
    is meant to be sung in worship to the Almighty. Any comments?

11. lashonhabrith said:

Quite often in songs, the last line of the song refers back to the first line in some way.

12. lashonhabrith said:

The fact that Hebrew exists today at all is a great miracle. I find it interesting that the modern alphabets can all be traced to Syro-Phoenician which is the same as Palaeo-Hebrew, in which the Hebrew Scriptures were originally written. Aleph (lit. meaning ox, fig. leader) and Beth (meaning house) are the first two letters of the alphabet and make up the Hebrew word abh (meaning father, the leader of the house) and are the source of the first 2 letters of the Greek alphabet, alpha and beta, from which we get the word alphabet.

13. lashonhabrith said:

I know of a Hebrew Academy that is taking on Affiliates to promote courses that can lead to receiving university credit for Hebrew from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. If anyone is interested, please private message me or email me at lashonhabrith@gmail.com.

14. Jhonnytiyne said:

Hi ! found this great course in udemy, i tried it out and wanted to recommend. you should give it a try, they give away 80% discount coupons for a short period of time !!
    https://www.udemy.com/hebrew-for-beginners/

coupon code: HEbrewDIScount1457
    Enjoy!