been looking for this song for years...

Thread: been looking for this song for years...

Tags: None
  1. bigchair said:

Smile been looking for this song for years...

Hello! I'm happy I found this forum and I hope to get the answer to my question. I don't know if I posted in the right place, if not I apologise! I am looking for a song I heard in the year 2000 or 2001. I think it's from the late 80's - early 90's. It sounded like it was sung by a choir of boys and girls - but I might be wrong - and it sounded like black singers. The song was neither slow neither upbeat. The lyrics of the chorus, for what I remember, sound a bit like:
    "If you really want there is just somehow, won't you tell your story now, but somehow" of course this doesn't make sense... but that's what it sounded like. I don't know if anyone can help me but if you can I will be grateful forever.
    Edit: I read the forum rules and they say you can't post links to illegal mp3s, I guess I am allowed to post a link to a file made by myself where I sing the melody of this song? Let me know

2. KlausTrofoby said:

hi, ofc you can post a file you made yourself.
    Good luck with your search!

KT

3. bigchair said:

thanks! well I can only record an AMR file and the forum doesnt seem to accept it can I upload it to another website and post a link here??

4. KlausTrofoby said:

there are enough tools to convert AMR files to MP3.
    Try this one: http://www.amrtomp3converter.com/

5. bigchair said:

I know but does the forum support mp3? It told me it was an invalid file

6. KlausTrofoby said:

upload your mp3 to http://zshare.net/

7. bigchair said:

thanks here is the link:
    song.mp3 - 0.30MB
    I sang the chorus twice, I sang "na na na" to avoid confusion... the actual song might be faster or slower... I have no idea how old this song is, if it's famous a one hit wonder or just an obscure song... if anyone knows please tell me!

8. KlausTrofoby said:

hmm sorry can't help, this song doesnt sound very familiar to me.
    Good luck tho

9. bigchair said:

it's okay anyway I don't remember anything about the style - arrangement of the song but the only song I know that sounds remotely similar to this one is Summertime by DJ Jezzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince, thoug the song I am looking for is a little slower... I hope it helps....
    Last edited by bigchair; 07-08-2009 at 04:07 PM.