On Siddharta's Le Mavrica

Thread: On Siddharta's Le Mavrica

Tags: None

Zvezda said:

Default On Siddharta's Le Mavrica

I have a problem understanding a couple of lines towards the end of the song and I was wondering whether somebody could please help me. So the last lines are:

In e naprej, le mavrica vse bolj bledi,
    morda le nebo se temni,
    jaz vidim le par, ki odslej
    z rokami se zdravi in poglej,
    te roke so v ustih bile
    in ni ne boli je le nain,
    polepa ti dan in spomin,
    le juban ti besno, le juban ti besno, le juban ti besno
    daj e ti, daj e ti, daj e ti,
    je zame arest azil, je zame arest azil, je zame arest azil?

Are they really saying le juban and what does that mean? To me in sounds like instead of juban they are saying 'ljuban' or perhaps 'ljubam' , which would make the line something like 'I love you furiously'. Can someone please help?
    Bio je Novembar 2009 godine, zamišljao sam kako hodaš ulicom Bana Jelačića cipelama od zmijske kože..

2. foulgoblin said:

hi

I think its I love you furiously but it doesn't really mean anything in Slovene. This song was originally written in English and even in that song he is not singling I love you ... I think its a pl"made up" word or a play on words. I will try to find out more about this song. And quite a few ppl in Slovenia are also wondering the meaning of this phrase.

Zvezda said:

Hvala lepa! If you do find out more please do let me know. It seems Siddharta like to play with words ('Domine' springs to mind for example). I should try and find the english version of Le Mavrica, I've never listened to it.
    Bio je Novembar 2009 godine, zamišljao sam kako hodaš ulicom Bana Jelačića cipelama od zmijske kože..

merdzina005* said:

Hey I send a message to Siddharta considering this word and they replied and said that it really doesn't mean anything or it can mean a lot. It could be a derivation of the word "ljubim" which means "I love". It's like foulgoblin said. A play on words. They said that anybody can interpret it in its own way. It's more important to them what listener hears and understands rather than what the author wanted to say with the text.
    P.S.: Sorry about my English...