The Serbian Cyrillic/ Српска ћирилица

Thread: The Serbian Cyrillic/ Српска ћирилица

Tags: None

Dangerous & Moving said:

Oh I adore hand-written cyrillic, for me it's so easy to write, unlike latin alphabet... it's kinda complicated when you want it to look nice.
    ''Glupost je sama u sebe zaljubljena i njeno je samoljublje bezgranično.''

''Siamo niente senza fantasie''

''Наверное мне место на луне, но страшно оставаться в темноте''

Zahal said:

Quote Originally Posted by RebekaB View Post
    We use both. Officialy. But all official documents are in cyrilic. I use cyrilic when I writte with hand but some scripts in the net don't read some our letters or cyrilic at all. So I think that's why we more often use latin letters. But also you have right There's a lot of people that use only latin letters.
    So, they use Cyrillic in all text books at the University of Belgrade? It is the same in Novi Sad?

Jao, the written Cyrillic will take t-i-m-e to learn but thanks Pthalo for the link

RebekaB said:

Spring said:

Beautiful!
    Here's a translation of the lines.. (could be better but still.. )

Miroslav Antic - Opomena

Dangerous & Moving said:

Nice poem! It reminded me of ''Opomena'' of Antun Branko Šimić
    I love that one a lot

Opomena

Čovječe pazi
    da ne ideš malen
    ispod zvijezda!

Pusti
    da cijelog tebe prođe
    blaga svjetlost zvijezda!

Da ni za čim ne žališ
    kad se budeš zadnjim pogledima
    rastajao od zvijezda!

Na svom koncu
    mjesto u prah
    prijeđi sav u zvijezde.

MayGoLoco said:

Hey guys, here's a link to a learning book for writing cirillic.
    It's for kids, but helpfull if you're a beginner haha

http://www.zshare.net/download/6450656956f77653/

pthalo said:

cool
    I'm stronger than the tricks played on your heart. We look at them together then we take 'em apart. Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two.

Sasskia said:

Just a link for a little game to test your Serbian Cyrillic Cursive Alphabet :

http://www.purposegames.com/game/ff7851c4

Enjoy

pthalo said:

1 minute 23 seconds

it's good for working on remembering the order of the letters too. it took me forever to find c even though i knew it was near the end.
    I'm stronger than the tricks played on your heart. We look at them together then we take 'em apart. Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two.

pthalo said:

got it in 59 seconds the second try.

Sasskia said:

Quote Originally Posted by pthalo View Post
    got it in 59 seconds the second try.
    Bravo, you are in the top ten.

I'm still working to have a better score...

Vlada said:

Quote Originally Posted by Zahal View Post
    So, they use Cyrillic in all text books at the University of Belgrade? It is the same in Novi Sad?

Jao, the written Cyrillic will take t-i-m-e to learn but thanks Pthalo for the link
    Not all the books at the University are written in cyrillic, there are a lot of books on latin also, but it doesn't depends on University...
    But at school only cyrillic is used...

Spring said:

Since we're back on the subject.. none of my books at the Uni (Novi Sad) were in Cyrillic.

Dangerous & Moving said:

It's very weird for me that you don't use cyrillic in books if that's official in serbia. I used to think that everything is in cyrillic in Serbia, just like in Russia and other eastern slavic countries that use cyrillic alphabet. Then, Serbia's special case I guess

15. ina said:

I noticed that people who write in Latin never write in Cyrillic and opposite. I always use Cyrillic, for example, my mother always Latin alphabet.

16. Milan. said:

Talking hm

Quote Originally Posted by ina View Post
    I noticed that people who write in Latin never write in Cyrillic and opposite. I always use Cyrillic, for example, my mother always Latin alphabet.
    My Dad, Mum and sister use latin alphabet so I'm a black sheep. Latin alphabet looks anorexic compared to ћирилица

Acrylic said:

I like to use Cyrillic sometimes. Mostly to impress people. I also like having the knowledge of reading it. I prefer reading/writing in the latin alphabet because growing up with reading English as well as Serbo-Croatian in the latin alphabet makes it easier.

18. ina said:

When I was a child, I thought, for example, the shape of letter Ž comes from "žaba" because it really reminds of "žaba", dž of "džak" and so on... so logical for a child!

19. Tzeppelynn said:

Quote Originally Posted by ina View Post
    I think that depends from person to person... I write both Latin and Cyrilic, but I still go to school, but then again my parents and sister also use and Cyrilic and Latin.

There's a very interesting thing when kids in Serbia learn to write. First you learn Cyliric, than Latin and kids usually mix the letters in both Cyrilic and Latin and that looks very funny. That also happens when they learn to read, but when you get used to write in both letters you don't make mistakes any more. And I can say that it is not difficult at all

20. Nere said:

mmm, 97% in 1.08 mins on that little game. i'm quite proud of myself, even though i'm several months late :P