English to leb arabic translation

Thread: English to leb arabic translation

Tags: None

LOUIE said:

boh'Allah = Oh yeah
    ?? ???? ?? ????? ????? ?????? ? ??? ??????? ???? ?????

Daydream said:

Quote Originally Posted by LOUIE View Post
    boh'Allah = Oh yeah
    you mean "ballah?"
    Ya reitni 2amle b sha3rak, kel lama ashta2lak atsa7sel w ashoufak ♥

3. Rhonda9080 said:

hello-ahlan--thanks so much for answering. I'm so glad you don't think it was boring. I felt bad for such a long post. I have been doing some reworking to get some of these good phrases in there where I needed them. What a relief to have someone to ask! I love arabic music so I found this forum just trying to find some translations for some of the sounds I like. What a great thing!
    So I think I have the whole Inshallah concept down ok in the book. The Pali doctor uses it a lot. Is there a subtle difference between "God's Will" and God Willing (Inshallah)? Is there a different word for "God's Will?"
    Also, the guys (pali fighters) called themselves "Fedayeen". This was back in the 1980s. They told me it meant "Freedom Fighters". What is the difference in Fedayeen and the Mushahadeen (phonetic spelling, sorry). I never heard that word back then--only fedayeen.
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Rhonda

4. Rhonda9080 said:

Arrow Thank you! Shukran!

Quote Originally Posted by LOUIE View Post
    boh'Allah = Oh yeah
    Hi Louie!!! I thank you also for your help in previous posts Are you also Lebanese?
    I did not know Boh'Allah was oh yeah! I was told it was something like, with God is the power. Of course, with my southern accent, I think sometimes they didn't know what I was asking
    I just today read a very interesting post by you discussing dialects and accents of Lebanese and Palistinians. I found it extremely helpful!
    Here in America, there is a very distinctly different accent (as you may have noticed between north and south, as well as western Americans. The northerners (Yankees--we call them) talk very nasal sounding and rapid to us. The southerners drawl and even add more sylables to words sometimes. We have a lot more unique idioms than the northerners.
    Can you shed any further insight on the dialect or accent differences within the region? For example--aside from dialect--how do Syrians, gulf arabs, iraqis etc sound different from Leb/palis? I was told that the persian gulf region has more of a drawl, and that Lebanese natives have more of a nasal type accent. Weird question, but you seem to cover some of this well in some of your other posts. Thanks so much again for your help!

Daydream said:

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda9080 View Post
    Is there a subtle difference between "God's Will" and God Willing (Inshallah)? Is there a different word for "God's Will?"
    Also, the guys (pali fighters) called themselves "Fedayeen". This was back in the 1980s. They told me it meant "Freedom Fighters". What is the difference in Fedayeen and the Mushahadeen (phonetic spelling, sorry). I never heard that word back then--only fedayeen.
    yes there is a difference I would go with "eradet Allah" for God's will

Fedayeen could be roughly translated as freedom fighters.. it comes from the root word fedaa' which means "redemption/salvation" so I can see how they would have translated it that way to you

a Shaheed is a martyr

6. Rhonda9080 said:

Hey daydream--thank you so much again! You're the greatest!

Daydream said:

anytime sweetheart

8. Rhonda9080 said:

Default You will dream of me? Leb dialect

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream View Post
    anytime sweetheart
    Hi it's me again. I wasn't able to get on for a few days--having computer issues

I've got another one for you:
    This would be of course in the Lebanese dialect:

"You will dream of me"

Also--what again is "My God" like you are expressing concern or surprise. Would this be like Wallah, or Ya'allah?

Blessings!
    Last edited by Rhonda9080; 08-02-2009 at 04:33 PM. Reason: addition

9. Rhonda9080 said:

Hi it's me again. I wasn't able to get on for a few days--having computer issues

"You will dream of me"

Also--what again is "My God" like you are expressing concern or surprise. Would this be like Wallah, or Ya'allah?

Blessings!
    Hi--whoops--I forgot the m/f
    This would actually be gender neutral--like in a speech, but it is a male saying this. If it has to have gender, would then be M to F
    Shukran!

10. Rhonda9080 said:

Ok--can't make up my mind what I need here.
    What about:
    "see you in your dreams"
    Last edited by Rhonda9080; 08-02-2009 at 05:57 PM.

11. Rhonda9080 said:

Ok--can't make up my mind what I need here.
    What about:
    "see you in your dreams"
    Ok--I finally decided,
    it will be:
    "Yes, you will dream of me"

Daydream said:

Ok--I finally decided,
    it will be:
    "Yes, you will dream of me"
    eh na3am, ra7 te7lami feyi
    eh na'am, rah tehlami feyi

Daydream said:

"You will dream of me"

Blessings!
    there is an expression we use to express surprise that is equivalent to My God in English and its "ya dilleh"

Wallah - I swear to God
    Ya Allah - is more "oh Lord"
    and Ya Rabbee - My God, but is used in more cases expressing frustration

14. Rhonda9080 said:

Default Thank you! One more...

there is an expression we use to express surprise that is equivalent to My God in English and its "ya dilleh"

Wallah - I swear to God
    Ya Allah - is more "oh Lord"
    and Ya Rabbee - My God, but is used in more cases expressing frustration
    Okay! This helps!

I thank you so much for saving me such frustration!

I actually have one more:

(I know I am a pain)

I need a word that means unpredictable

Then is their something--one word or two--that means Beautiful couple? Like they make an attractive pair? This would be an older man saying this to a younger man

Blessings!

15. Rhonda9080 said:

Default On the Al Azhar name...

Ok--here's what I got on the El/Al Azhar name. There are about 15 by the last name on my space. I emailed one and he is Egyptian. There is also a Leb singer from the 1980s named Habib Azar. I think this my be where I got it--along with someone who had that name when I was over there. Habib Azar was a popular pop singer in Lebanon in the 1980s.
    It must just be a very uncommon name. My maiden name is Weeks, and there are only about 2,000 here in US, then about 3,000 over in England where it originated.

Daydream said:

Okay! This helps!

I thank you so much for saving me such frustration!

I actually have one more:

(I know I am a pain)

I need a word that means unpredictable

Then is their something--one word or two--that means Beautiful couple? Like they make an attractive pair? This would be an older man saying this to a younger man

Blessings!
    Unpredictable - gheir metwaqaa

they make an attractive pair - kteer byelba'o le baad

17. Rhonda9080 said:

Default Hey! Its Azar Habib - awsome singer from Leb!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIKbo...eature=related

Azar Habib - Ktier mhalayi My favorite song by him! But I can't find this on Grooveshark... Darn it! Only youtube. I would almost kill for a copy of his best stuff. I saw him perform! He was born in Marjayoun, Leb. and I thought he was Maronite Christian, but can't find my notes on him. I was getting him mixed up with a soap star named Habib Azhar. Got them backwards!

Are you familiar with him? Do you know what the words mean? I am so excited to have found his music on Youtube! I love his voice.
    He died of a heart attack in 2007--very sad.

18. Rhonda9080 said:

Default He also did Habbiteek - very popular song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIKbo...eature=related

Azar Habib - Ktier mhalayi My favorite song by him! But I can't find this on Grooveshark... Darn it! Only youtube. I would almost kill for a copy of his best stuff. I saw him perform! He was born in Marjayoun, Leb. and I thought he was Maronite Christian, but can't find my notes on him. I was getting him mixed up with a soap star named Habib Azhar. Got them backwards!

Are you familiar with him? Do you know what the words mean? I am so excited to have found his music on Youtube! I love his voice.
    He died of a heart attack in 2007--very sad.
    Sure wish I could figure out how to get a copyof this on Grooveshark. He deserves to be heard...

Daydream said:

I've never heard of him before but the song speaks of a beautiful girl and how her beauty has sort of captivated him

20. Rhonda9080 said:

Default You cannot escape your fate - leb arabic

I've never heard of him before but the song speaks of a beautiful girl and how her beauty has sort of captivated him
    Thanks again as always!
    Ok, here's another hard one for me.
    The main character, Karim, has just found out that the American woman is a target for a kidnapping. He doesn't know her yet. He needs to say (in Leb arabic) something to the affect of "She has beautiful eyes (h’ayounek helween?)
    Then he says something like,
    It really is too bad...
    Might he also say Ya rabee, or Mash'allah? He is Leb christian.

***ALSO, a big important line,
    "You cannot escape your fate"
    From Oedipus Rex the King, a greek classic, but he says it in arabic, then english

Also--just refresh me... Enti Jameela -- you are beautiful?

Thank you, shukran, and all that