Shining (Swe) - new album lyrics

Thread: Shining (Swe) - new album lyrics

Tags: None
  1. pnielsen said:

Okay, after posting my previous reply I did realize another meaning: How about "Let me sleep again" ?

Ligga does not mean sleep in Swedish, but I realized that it may have that meaning in Norwegian...

2. pnielsen said:

Quote Originally Posted by lja055 View Post
    When it comes to the Swedish phrase "Låt mig ligga igen", in Norwegian we would say "La meg ligge MED noen igjen" (" Let me have sex WITH somebody again".
    That would be the same thing in Swedish. The normal use is to use it with a preposition. I just realized that a similar good translation using the verb lay exists in english: Let me get laid again

So the question is, which one is correct:
    1) Let me sleep again
    2) Let me lie down again
    3) Let me get laid again
    4) Leave me behind again (Let me leave behind again)

Let's look at it this way: Which meaning fits best in the song context, considering the lyrics and the name of the song? "I shut both eyes, and I see it all". Sure sounds like somebody wants to sleep, no?

3. lja055 said:

In my opinion there are two (three) translations that can be right. I think it's up to each one of us to choose which translation one likes the most

La meg ligge, la meg ligge, la meg ligge igjen
    Let me lie, let me lie, let me lie down again
    or
    Let me lie (Leave me), let me lie (leave me), leave me behind

4. pnielsen said:

I respectfully disagree. Translations must be done contextually. That's why on-line translators often produce such a horrible result...

5. Ymir said:

Quote Originally Posted by pnielsen View Post
    Ohm is a German surname and is also the name of a river in Germany.... Just to mention a few meanings. I doubt the electrical unit of resistance is what the song writer intended. But if they did, then the listener shoud interpret the title as "resistance"
    In this case, Ohm has meaning of sacred Buddhist/Hindu/Jainu word, another spelling of more known "Aum" - a symbol for joy & happiness...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohm_(disambiguation)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aum