The Albanian music (or Albanian chit-chat :))

Thread: The Albanian music (or Albanian chit-chat :))

Tags: None

tedinkyyy said:

Quote Originally Posted by cortom View Post

@Tedinkyyy: thank you for the links. I tried Toni Dacheva and Ivana. They made a fine first impression. Any male artists you can recommend? Not that I object to the female ones: they look gorgeous, every one of them. So gorgeous in fact that I forget to listen from time to time. And do you know an mp3-site with english interface? These cyrillice characters are a major stumbling block to me. Albanian music was hard to learn to know, because of the language, Bulgarian will be even harder I'm afraid.
    mmm... you may try
    www.4shared.com ... they have many bulg songs too and it's in eng
    Eins.. hier kommt die Sonne
    Zwei..hier kommt die Sonne
    Drei.. hier kommt die Sonne
    Vier
    Fünf
    Sechs
    Sieben..
    Acht..
    Neun.....
    Ich hab' keine Lust.

haydee said:

Cortom, Balkaneuro, thanks, I understand now what tallava is. Can't say I like it though, seems too oriental (even turkish) to me..

I also happen to know 2 sites with bulgarian and other balkan music. It's http://muzickialbumi.blogspot.com/ and http://balkanbeats.blogspot.com/.

tedinkyyy said:

ahaha balkanbeats... actually the hosters are my friends
    and www.balkansongs.blogspot.com too
    Vier
    Fünf
    Sechs
    Sieben..
    Acht..
    Neun.....
    Ich hab' keine Lust.

cortom said:

Phew, it's done. I updated the list of translated songs. I know I should do so more often, but I'm a busy man. And even now in summer, when I have the time, the weather is much too fine to spend many hours behind a computer screen.

More then 10 pages in fine print, and that is just the list of titles! An amazing work from (mainly) Balkaneuro and Korcare19 to actually provide all these translations.

Btw., I guess everyone has seen Elvana Gjata's new clip by now? If not: you really should. OK, I liked 'Nuk jane me' better (it retained more of an Albanian flavour), but with her voice she can make a hit of Claire de la lune if she wants. No need to translate the lyrics: the video makes the meaning clear, I think.

I gather from the interview with her (thanks, TD and BE) that Flori Mumajesi is the man behind her songs now. Amazing guy, that one. He is involved in probably half the Albanian hit-songs that you find on YouTube these days.

haydee said:

cortom, great work!! Only I want to correct you: it's Ilir Shaqiri, not Ilir Zeqiri ^^

cortom said:

Quote Originally Posted by haydee View Post
    cortom, great work!! Only I want to correct you: it's Ilir Shaqiri, not Ilir Zeqiri ^^
    Thanks, I'll look into it. Must have been thinking of Dafina Z. Some other typo's have escaped my attention, as I notice now.

7. Balkaneuro said:

also cortom "a ke zemer, a ke gur" is "do you have a heart, or is it made of stone"
    from shyhrete behluli and i just skimmed over it everything else looks alright, i'll give it a better look when i have more time, thanks for all the work u put into everything

8. Balkaneuro said:

I'm going to try and translate the songs that do not have translations and are only lyrics, might as well since the lyrics are supplied

Shyhrete Behluli - A Ke Zemer

http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/ly...tml#post383163

Adnan Daci - Thuaj Pse

http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/ly...tml#post631290

i'll update this post accordingly as i translate and then whenever you are free you can edit your list again
    Last edited by Balkaneuro; 08-06-2009 at 04:42 PM.

haydee said:

I came across this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w4p0j2uRI4, and I wonder if Anjushka is a name that is used in Albania?? Because it's definitely a Russian name!

10. Balkaneuro said:

Quote Originally Posted by haydee View Post
    I came across this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w4p0j2uRI4, and I wonder if Anjushka is a name that is used in Albania?? Because it's definitely a Russian name!
    well if you say it's a russian name, maybe it is common among orthodox albanians, the name "anna"

but

hmm, i think the endings "ush" or "ka" in albanian we use these a lot, you can add it to almost any name for example the male name Hajri becomes "Hajrush", or the female name Pranvera becomes "Pranverka"

*but i'm sure these "ush" or "ka" endings are used all over eastern europe

haydee said:

Quote Originally Posted by Balkaneuro View Post
    well if you say it's a russian name, maybe it is common among orthodox albanians, the name "anna"

but

hmm, i think the endings "ush" or "ka" in albanian we use these a lot, you can add it to almost any name for example the male name Hajri becomes "Hajrush", or the female name Pranvera becomes "Pranverka"

*but i'm sure these "ush" or "ka" endings are used all over eastern europe
    That is very interesting, about endings. I thought they are used in Slavic languages only...
    But maybe in this song he refers to Russian girl, hehe.
    Btw, "Pranverka" sounds like Russian name too

tedinkyyy said:

Balkaneuro, it's generally used in the Slavic countries.Well, maybe in Romania too but I'm not sure.But for Greece and Turkey i'm pretty sure it is NOT used.
    Pranverka sounds like a Bulgarian name too but actually here those endings on "ka" are considered all-fashioned .
    Vier
    Fünf
    Sechs
    Sieben..
    Acht..
    Neun.....
    Ich hab' keine Lust.

13. Balkaneuro said:

Quote Originally Posted by tedinkyyy View Post
    Balkaneuro, it's generally used in the Slavic countries.Well, maybe in Romania too but I'm not sure.But for Greece and Turkey i'm pretty sure it is NOT used.
    Pranverka sounds like a Bulgarian name too but actually here those endings on "ka" are considered all-fashioned .
    hehe : ) i speak Turkish too, and they also use these, Greeks not so common but i think they also use "ka" but mostly "oula" they add onto the end of female names at least, "ki" to male names i think..

but yeah you just add these endings, 1. if you want to make the name sound cute, 2. if you're trying to make the real name like a nickname, or 3. if you are talking to younger person ( at least as albanians we do this)

and maybe they are slavic, but to be honest, everything in eastern europe is so mixed up : )

and lol pranvera is an albanian name meaning spring : ), vere is summer

tedinkyyy said:

I know some Turkish but I haven't noticed them using such things.Actually in our country live many turks,especially in my region so we often hear Turkish speech.But cuz the Bulgarian Turks speak a bit different Turkish than in Turkey, maybe that's the reason I haven't heard it.
    Balkaneuro ,are u currently living in Turkey?
    haha I know that pranvera is Spring.Vera is summer.I did some polls on facebook with choosing of seasons in Albanian so I remebered only Spring and Summer from them cuz they were kinda like in Spanish.
    Vier
    Fünf
    Sechs
    Sieben..
    Acht..
    Neun.....
    Ich hab' keine Lust.

15. Balkaneuro said:

yes i know, there is many turks in bulgaria, and yes it is a different dialect, from "istanbullu" Turkish, the official dialect of Turkey, the turks in bulgaria are called "gocmen" turks, i think. Just how there is albanians from macedonia or from montenegro, they speak albanian but it is a little different in each region, sometimes even every village speaks a little bit different from one another. Maybe this is true of bulgarians in bulgaria also?

and yeah as for turkish many names you can add "ush" to the end or "osh", this depending on vowel harmony.. this is common but obviously this isn't the most common way, mostly you add "cim" on the endings to turkish names to get the same effect..

but no i don't live in Turkey i live in the U.S. :P

tedinkyyy said:

ahah yeah,that about "chim" i know it I used to like Turkish a lot some years ago but now hmm lol well I still like it but i'm not keen on it anymore^^
    Yeah,there are some differences in dialects of Bulgarian but they're mostly in pronounciation.
    Jao, ur so far away from Albania :/ but you know much about the region even not living here
    Vier
    Fünf
    Sechs
    Sieben..
    Acht..
    Neun.....
    Ich hab' keine Lust.

17. Balkaneuro said:

you know, many people who move from their home country, to anywhere else, they forget easily, but u should never forget, who you are, where you come from, i know many people for example they claim they are a certain nationality, but they cannot speak their mother language, or follow the traditions or that culture anymore.. i think this is a very upsetting issue, so i think for everyone, no matter where they are from, it is important for them to keep their culture alive.

tedinkyyy said:

Yeah,indeed So you know,there are many Bulgarians abroad as well as Albanians.Unfortunately I hear most of them saying they don't wanna come back.And even worse,some,mostly gypsies go abroad to steal or get involved in another crimes.So I think both Bulgarians and Albanians are known as criminals.Even here Albania was considred with bad reputation,but in recent time most ppl changed their minds about it,my history teacher once told that "Albania now is even getting better than us".Anyway, I think Albanians are better developed than turks for example,I don't know many of them but judging by Albanian ppl in this forum and some on Facebook I can say Albanians are very cool ppl
    Vier
    Fünf
    Sechs
    Sieben..
    Acht..
    Neun.....
    Ich hab' keine Lust.

19. Balkaneuro said:

haha oh no that is not very good that we have bad reputations, but you know, in every culture there is good and bad people, you just have to be lucky enough to meet the nice people : )

i think every country you go, they will have a different opinion about the country you are from, no matter where you go, so really, i think you can only know what your own people are like, when you are apart of the same culture : )

tedinkyyy said:

hehe =) indeed I see Turks love Bulgaria and wanna study Bulgarian but in the West they think it's one of the worst countries in EU. But still I can say there are same nations with more cool ppl and some with less but from Albania for now I've met mostly cool ones,so...
    Actually in Bulgaria they don't know almost anything about Albania,even it's only available to study Albanian in Balkanic studies along with Greek and Romanian.So few ppl here speak Albanian and I'll try to take some courses of it if I manage cuz I'm a student of Serbo-croatian and it will be pretty good to know Albanian too but anyway it will be interesting since I listen to more and more songs from there ^^
    Vier
    Fünf
    Sechs
    Sieben..
    Acht..
    Neun.....
    Ich hab' keine Lust.