The Albanian music (or Albanian chit-chat :))

Thread: The Albanian music (or Albanian chit-chat :))

Tags: None
  1. Balkaneuro said:

haha i don't think this is true among everyone, everyone has their own opinions you know, and their opinions are either arrogant or based on their own experiences, it is the same everywhere i think

you have to appreciate the people you meet, not what you hear about their country, or what they think about your country, this is what causes useless arguments

especially in the balkans, look how much arguments there is on issues that could so easily solved, but, when you have the mentality "no i am the best" which every country has about itself, not much can be solved, but anyway i don't like talking about such things, i am only fascinated by languages and like to help people learn by translating for them,

i think we should all just be friends, and listen to good music

maybe someday..

tedinkyyy said:

Quote Originally Posted by Balkaneuro View Post
    i think we should all just be friends, and listen to good music

maybe someday..
    I think so Though for some nations I feel some disgust, just how do they treat us, but I still try not to have predjudices when meeting ppl from that country.
    And just to mention: it's just great to have you and Korcare19 here cuz otherwise I can't imagine how would we understand the Albanian lyrics^^ If that would make you happy, I really learned A LOT by your translations,just without intention I remember the words,maybe cuz I often listen to them in the songs. :P Till I heard "Zemren e lame peng" at esc 2008 I didn't know even a word in Albanian
    Eins.. hier kommt die Sonne
    Zwei..hier kommt die Sonne
    Drei.. hier kommt die Sonne
    Vier
    Fünf
    Sechs
    Sieben..
    Acht..
    Neun.....
    Ich hab' keine Lust.

3. Balkaneuro said:

haha, well we are here to help, and i appreciate your appreciation : )

cortom said:

You guys shouldn't worry too much about your reputation in other countries. It's only stupid people who think they can judge a whole country based on maybe a few crooks that got into the newspaper. Those people aren't worth worrying about.

If you want to know: I first got interested in Albania after reading a Belgian novel about Albanian Mafiosi in Belgium. But of course I realised it was just fiction! And very soon after hearing that wonderful music I was hooked. I'm just thrilled by all those different cultures: Albanians, Bulgarians, Turks: I love them all. Lately I've been discovering Azerbeidjan, Tadjkistian, Uzbekistan and the like: wonderful! I sincerely hope those people will not adapt too much to western fashions.

Strange though how many hateful comments Balkan people on YouTube address to each other. While you have so much in common.

5. Balkaneuro said:

you are right also cortom, never ending arguments for nothing, we are so alike, all of us albanians, slavs, turks, greeks, however people are people, and no one is perfect nor is anyone perfectly alike, therefore people disagree very easily on such issues

but i don't think this is important at all, the important part is meeting people, no matter where they are from, that you get along with : P

every culture is magnificent really, we shouldn't judge from a few people like you say : )

and yes even here there are many blockbuster movies which we call them, that include mafia movies, and for some reason they make the mafia characters albanians.. :P

i love television, but.. the media in most cases portrays cultures very differently from what they are, whether it is bad information or good information, from what i've seen, it's usually inaccurate : P

this is why people should learn from their own experiences and be very accepting of others, instead of judging others, since it can surprise them how alike they are, or their differences can bring them together

6. Korcare19 said:

and yes even here there are many blockbuster movies which we call them, that include mafia movies, and for some reason they make the mafia characters albanians.. :P
    That is so true and unfortunate. The worst part is that i don't even understand what the characters speaking Albanian are saying cause their pronunciation is so off.

7. Balkaneuro said:

Quote Originally Posted by Korcare19 View Post
    That is so true and unfortunate. The worst part is that i don't even understand what the characters speaking Albanian are saying cause their pronunciation is so off.
    That's true it's like mumbling, or worse, it's a non albanian playing an albanian character lol

tedinkyyy said:

Once I watched a movie where the main criminal was a Bulgarian, but luckily,he didn't speak anywhere in Bulgarian
    @ cortom: I can say the difference is mostly in the way of life And btw do not think that Bulgarians haven't accepted the "western" fashions, unfortunately we do follow them in the worst way.I think the Albanian society has much more morality though I don't know it so well.I judge only by songlyrics where I haven't met any dirty meaning.In the Bulgarian popfolk it's fairly common and from that you can judge how moral is the society if it likes them and listens to them.:/
    About hate on Balkans: its just becuz of our spirit I think.We just can't stop being jealous and thinking how our neighbours took territories from us.Maybe becuz we're unsatisfied with our life and wonder how to express it more forcefully.
    At least at youtube I've seen many Bulgarian nationalists who wanna turn back Macedonia and hate Serbains and Turks.I've also met Serbian nationalists who hate Albania and Bulgaria.But well i also know Serbians who listen to Albanian music and really like Albanian artistis so they have nothing against Albania cuz they're smart enough not to judge a person by the fact he/she is from an "enemy" country.
    Vier
    Fünf
    Sechs
    Sieben..
    Acht..
    Neun.....
    Ich hab' keine Lust.

9. RrushiiTushii said:

well if you say it's a russian name, maybe it is common among orthodox albanians, the name "anna"

but

hmm, i think the endings "ush" or "ka" in albanian we use these a lot, you can add it to almost any name for example the male name Hajri becomes "Hajrush", or the female name Pranvera becomes "Pranverka"

*but i'm sure these "ush" or "ka" endings are used all over eastern europe
    I know that in Kosove we add the "ush" ending to a name to make it seem cute when talking to a loved one either talking to a younger child/ baby or even a significant other, like the word, zemerush, or shpirtush.
    But as for the "ka" endings I could be mistaken but i've always known that to be like a Bushnjak (bosnian/serbian) suffix
    Ti nuk gjen dot forcen tme shohesh ne sy ndihem i lenduar kur jemi te dy.

10. RrushiiTushii said:

&& i just realized that the forum's moved on to a new topic lol my bad, and as for the stereotyping of Albanians, i see it alot in NY mainly because the media has given us a bad name, like my own friends call Albanians "crazy mo*fo's" well before they met me and i taught them that all Albanians are not the same and that they shouldnt judged us based on "stories" they mightve heard about some Albanians, a lot of people around here even fear Albanians.

11. Balkaneuro said:

alright, i'm gonna start the list in the other thread, and you can translate into gheg, kur te kesh kohe : )

as for albanians in NYC, there's so many of them there, maybe that's why : P

12. RrushiiTushii said:

alright, i'm gonna start the list in the other thread, and you can translate into gheg, kur te kesh kohe : )

as for albanians in NYC, there's so many of them there, maybe that's why : P
    hahaha that could be it, and some of them are pretty crazy/stupid they just give us a bad name

13. Balkaneuro said:

Quote Originally Posted by RrushiiTushii View Post
    hahaha that could be it, and some of them are pretty crazy/stupid they just give us a bad name
    I understand most words will be the same from tosk to gheg, but spell them out how you would pronounce it : ) and thank you again for your help

tedinkyyy said:

hehe nice new topic but I think it should be in another thread so if sb wants to learn ,not to search everywhere to find those words ))
    Vier
    Fünf
    Sechs
    Sieben..
    Acht..
    Neun.....
    Ich hab' keine Lust.

15. Balkaneuro said:

Quote Originally Posted by tedinkyyy View Post
    hehe nice new topic but I think it should be in another thread so if sb wants to learn ,not to search everywhere to find those words ))
    Good idea, i will post in the new thread
    Last edited by Balkaneuro; 08-23-2009 at 12:39 PM.

tedinkyyy said:

Well... finally Albanian lyrics have their own subforum I think that should has happened a long time before
    Vier
    Fünf
    Sechs
    Sieben..
    Acht..
    Neun.....
    Ich hab' keine Lust.

Steena said:

Yes, the sub-forum is finally there what do you say at these occasions? Happy Translating? Feel free to open seperate threads for the requests and other topics coming to your mind which are concerning the language or other related things

I'm slowly working my way through "Lyrics Translations" to move all Albanian threads to this new place. If you see any threads we've overseen so far, report them or write a private message providing the link!
    होता है जो होना है ... वक़्त ही शायद खुदा है ...
    कौन कहता है आदमी अपनी किस्मत खुद लिखता है?

18. Balkaneuro said:

WOW! i feel so happy and proud we all achieved this : D Thank you!

tedinkyyy said:

Default Life in Albania

Hey cuz I'd really like to know about the countries around us and cuz I can say I really LIKE Albania and its musc,language,culture etc.so can you,Albanian guys here tell about the so-called "albanian myths" I mean: in Bulgaria many ppl consider Albania a very poor country with underdeveloped population and such.Though some Bulgarians who've been there claim the country is getting better every new year.Some even think Albania will get better than Bulgaria soon enough.But what can you say about it as ppl strongly connected with Albanian culture?
    Vier
    Fünf
    Sechs
    Sieben..
    Acht..
    Neun.....
    Ich hab' keine Lust.

cortom said:

Quote Originally Posted by Steena View Post
    Yes, the sub-forum is finally there what do you say at these occasions? Happy Translating? Feel free to open seperate threads for the requests and other topics coming to your mind which are concerning the language or other related things

I'm slowly working my way through "Lyrics Translations" to move all Albanian threads to this new place. If you see any threads we've overseen so far, report them or write a private message providing the link!
    Thanks again, Steena! It will be a lot easier collecting songtexts. But, as a famous Dutch quote has it: 'Elk voordeel hep zijn nadeel' (Every advantage has its disadvantage). Now I'm sure to miss lots of interesting stuff in the general section.