The Albanian music (or Albanian chit-chat :))

Thread: The Albanian music (or Albanian chit-chat :))

Tags: None
  1. ThreeMinuteWarning said:

This really is very interesting. But I would like to go back to the topic about the Albanian music... But first, congratulations for the new sub forum from me too!
    And more importantly, thank you for all the translations, including to the people who requested them. And the translators - simply unbelievable. A few months ago I thought I'll never find anyone to translate even one song for me, and then I found this place with so many already translated songs.

I like most of Poni's and Soni's songs, as well as many other songs, to name just a few:
    Ledina Ēelo - Tomorrow I Go, Leonora Jakupi - Ky ėshtė fundi ("This is the end"), Greta Koci - Nuk ta kam thėnė, and Aurela Gaēe's 2009 Mu Thanė Sytė album and Adelina Tahiri's 2008 album Eliksir (although I don't like her, nor her voice ) (I found these albums and a few others at the Albanian Underground Crew if anyone is interested, b/c at the other places you can only DL separate songs).
    Last edited by ThreeMinuteWarning; 09-13-2009 at 01:01 AM.

2. ThreeMinuteWarning said:

I think I have a great idea, if the translators (Balkaneuro and the others) don't mind their translations being used on YouTube.

You can take a look at these videos:
    * Olta Boka - Zemrėn e lamė peng (with English subtitles)
    * Soni Malaj - Tė Dua Ty (with English subtitles)

Any suggestions are welcome.
    Last edited by ThreeMinuteWarning; 09-13-2009 at 11:04 PM.

3. Balkaneuro said:

Hey! i've mentioned many times i live in the u.s., and I am not a male and i'm albanian but i am not from albania : ) I have however been there many times, but yeah, people can assume what they want right? so why ruin their fun : ) and i didn't realize it sounded like a male name i just thought "balkan" and "european" so balkaneuro, ah well : ) does it really make a difference?

4. RrushiiTushii said:

Quote Originally Posted by cortom View Post
    Hmm, let me guess: "All the time I have thougt (di - dok) that BE was M, but now I'm not sure, but I am sure BE is from Albania, or not?"

(the very last part I am not sure, I mean, of my translation). And I'm glad you didn't protest at being considered M. I was starting feeling an M intruder in an F chit-chat.

mhmm good job

& yeah sorry Balkaneuro but i just assumed from your nickname that you were a dude, its like they say though, never assume or you'll make an ***** out of you and me lol and sorry for assuming your from Albania, i just figured since you where better at the Tosk translations then the Gheg ones =]
    Ti nuk gjen dot forcen tme shohesh ne sy ndihem i lenduar kur jemi te dy.

5. RrushiiTushii said:

btw if you guys like Poni and Soni you might like Alban Skenderaj, idk if any of you have heard of him but his music is kinda different compared to his generation of singers such as Shpat Kasapi, Ermal Fejzullahu, Blero, Adrian Gaxha...etc

check him out, these are a few of my favorites (btw he writes his own lyrics )

ALBAN SKENDERAJ - NJE HERE NE JETE (Once in a lifetime)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFDW-cS-xwc

ALBAN SKENDERAJ - KUR FJALET MUNGOJN (When the words are lacking)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj0wNMw_Ue8

Alban Skenderaj - Nese nje dit (If one day)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3M_2ws_vDQ

Alban Skenderaj - New Ata sy (Those eyes)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac2y5SA5VaQ

he even sings in english!!
    Alban Skenderaj ft. Miriam Cani - Let Me Die With You
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRbWtKh5QKk

&& he newest single
    Alban Skenderaj - This Is Your Day
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl5REobkN1c

'Enjoy

6. Balkaneuro said:

yeah he's good, don't like his melodies very much, the lyrics are great though. he reminds me of like an albanian version of john mayer : P

cortom said:

Quote Originally Posted by Balkaneuro View Post
    Hey! i've mentioned many times i live in the u.s., and I am not a male and i'm albanian but i am not from albania : ) I have however been there many times, but yeah, people can assume what they want right? so why ruin their fun : ) and i didn't realize it sounded like a male name i just thought "balkan" and "european" so balkaneuro, ah well : ) does it really make a difference?
    No, not really. It just takes some readjusting of my internal mindset. Strange to realise how I automatically make up an image for each poster. I guess I would loose all interest if I didn't feel I had to do with real people. I moved you to the F's. No hard feelings?
    yeah he's good, don't like his melodies very much, the lyrics are great though. he reminds me of like an albanian version of john mayer : P
    I'm not so wild about Alban S., and I really don't see how he resembles Poni. Someone called him the Albanian Eros Ramazotti. But I'm not interested in Albanian versions of other artists. I like the Albanians best when they are typically and uniquely Albanian.

8. ThreeMinuteWarning said:

RrushiiTushii, can I use your song translation(s)?

Steena said:

Great songs, RrushiiTushii!

Quote Originally Posted by RrushiiTushii View Post
    ALBAN SKENDERAJ - NJE HERE NE JETE (Once in a lifetime)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFDW-cS-xwc
    I like this one especially!
    होता है जो होना है ... वक़्त ही शायद खुदा है ...
    कौन कहता है आदमी अपनी किस्मत खुद लिखता है?

10. RrushiiTushii said:

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeMinuteWarning View Post
    RrushiiTushii, can I use your song translation(s)?
    yeah sure go for it

yeahh haha i see that i just really like him cuz of his lyrics and he's different from alot of the up and coming Albanian singers like the ones i mentioned before

& Cortom i see what your saying, dont get me wrong i lovee the old school traditional songs & typical Albanian music, just wanted to shed some light on a different type of artist out there because there arent alot of famous albanian rock/alternative singers most of the young ones go towards rap, pop and hip-hop.

haydee said:

@RrushiiTushii, speaking of non-typical music, do you know some good pop-rock, rock or metal bands who sing in Albanian? I heard Elita5, Djemtė e detit and Troja already, but surely there are other bands out there?

cortom said:

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeMinuteWarning View Post
    I think I have a great idea, if the translators (Balkaneuro and the others) don't mind their translations being used on YouTube.

You can take a look at these videos:
    * Olta Boka - Zemrėn e lamė peng (with English subtitles)
    * Soni Malaj - Tė Dua Ty (with English subtitles)

Any suggestions are welcome. Also, anyone can do it - I used DivXLand Media Subtitler for the subtitles (don't worry about it not displaying the ė's and ē's correctly) and VideoPad 2.02 for the video of Tė Dua Ty. (And GIMP – to edit the photos). I may write a step by step instructions for using these programs, but it will take a while.
    It would be a nice addition to what's happening here, but it seems a lot of work. It would reach a lot more people too I think. I saw your video's, and I liked them (had to search a bit to find the subtitles). I still prefer this forum, but for an occasional visitor subtitles could be great.

13. Balkaneuro said:

Yeah i agree, people who are that interested in albanian song translations, will search to find sites like allthelyrics so i don't think its necessary for now, since it really isn't as popular as other languages, where we would be doing such a big favor for people on youtube, so i don't think it's needed for now, thanks for the suggestions though

14. ThreeMinuteWarning said:

I really didn't mean that you have to do anything, I just meant that it's not like I mind if anyone else does the same, maybe with their favorite songs. I also hope that it will bring more people to the forum. Adding the subtitles is really easy, but we can't do it with all of the translations of course, because they are too many.
    The videos on the other hand do take some work, but maybe they don't need to be that well made.
    Anyway, I respect your opinions and there is no need to reply to this.

15. ThreeMinuteWarning said:

Quote Originally Posted by haydee View Post
    @RrushiiTushii, speaking of non-typical music, do you know some good pop-rock, rock or metal bands who sing in Albanian? I heard Elita5, Djemtė e detit and Troja already, but surely there are other bands out there?
    I was surprised to hear some good rock songs from Top Fest 6, and I haven't heard even 1/4 of the 60 songs I DL'd yet.

Here is one I could find on YouTube – Big Mama - Se duroj dot me
    Last edited by ThreeMinuteWarning; 08-27-2009 at 09:47 PM.

16. RrushiiTushii said:

yeah sure there are plenty, i dont really listen to all of them but i know of quite a few,
    Asgje Sikur Dielli
    Minatori
    Gjurmet
    Humus
    Shekulli i dreqit
    7me7
    B.B.Poqi
    Troja
    Kthjellu

but here is one that i do actually listen to hes another pretty young kid who also sings in english and albanian, Genti, he's pretty good you can check him out here,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHQFtmnvpUM & http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJahpDUXkUA

enjoy

haydee said:

Hey, I have a question about this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCmGzME6HNw What is Tirona? Is it Tirana pronounced with some accent?

tedinkyyy said:

I think it is a town in the USA
    but not sure
    Eins.. hier kommt die Sonne
    Zwei..hier kommt die Sonne
    Drei.. hier kommt die Sonne
    Vier
    Fünf
    Sechs
    Sieben..
    Acht..
    Neun.....
    Ich hab' keine Lust.

haydee said:

Hmm, I doubt it, the city in video looks like Tirana, plus there is their mayor singing in it

20. Balkaneuro said:

Hmm, I doubt it, the city in video looks like Tirana, plus there is their mayor singing in it
    Tirona ne zemrat tona, "Tirana (the city) in our hearts"

gheg people mostly pronounce it like Tirona, also it rhymes better with 'tona' - 'our' LOL