lipsvash tseluvash

Thread: lipsvash tseluvash

Tags: None

rsiscar said:

Default lipsvash tseluvash

I got exposed to bulgarian language and got interested in learning it. I just want to say that this website helped me a lot. I've been expanding my vocab and I try to learn to say the words by listening to the music and it helps a lot that the lyrics posted here are not just written in cyrillic(since I can't read fast in cyrillic yet to follow the songs).

Angelus said:

our pleasure if you need help or anything, just drop us a line

rsiscar said:

I do have a question to the use of the word lipsvash. I was looking at the grammatical structure and wondering why they say "kolko mi lipsvash (by karizma)or lipsvash mi". I thought lipsvash would mean "you miss or you lack" so I thought it it would have used lipsvam since it's the I form.

Leona said:

Indeed translating the lyrics and listening the words is the best way to learn language! I used that method once before and it was working perfectly...now do it again...
    Well, actually the meaning of "lipsvash" is miss but determining that exactly you are missing otherwise is "lipsva" = (something/one) miss, or the translation of the title have to be "I miss you so much".

panselinos said:

Okay, this is kind of confusing and complicated, so I'll try to put is as simple as possible.

In this case "mi" is in Dative. (Ti = You) Mi lipsvash = (Ti) Lipsvash na men = You miss to me
    So, "you" is the actual subject, therefore the 3rd person, sing., i.e. "lipsvash"; whereas "me" is the experiencer, so to say.
    In a nutshell: You do it to me (the missing).

Does it make any sense now? :/

rsiscar said:

Wink

I'm kind of getting it i guess. Thank you so much for your responses.

I saw the same use of you form in another lyric" (Na moga da spra da te obicham)kak me celuvash". So, do you use celuva if your subject is in a he or she form and celuvat if the subject is they? Or it's mostly used in the subject you?

Thanks again for all your help.

veronika_pooh said:

az celuvam
    ti celuvash
    toi/tia/to celuva
    nie celuvame
    vie celuvate
    te celuvat

this is the use of that verb in presens,U can check the thread "I'm learning bulgarian" here in this forum,there r expained some thing and if U need anything else we r all here to help
    !!!Ζήσε κάθε σου στιγμή η ζωή φεύγει με χίλια!!!

panselinos said:

Kak (ti) me tseluvash = How you kiss me

Here "me" denotes an Accusative form.

The Dative case is generally used to indicate the noun to/for whom something is given/done.

In Bulgarian only the Personal pronouns have Accusative and Dative forms. There are two forms – short and long. The long forms are often used whit a preposition, while the short forms do not need one.

In Accusative:

(nom.), (long form), (short form)
    az - men, me
    ti - teb/tebe, te
    toi- nego, go
    tya - neya, ya
    to - nego, go
    nie - nas, ni
    vie - vas, vi
    te - tyah, gi

Ti tseluvash men (You kiss me) = Ti me tseluvash
    or simply Tseluvash me

The short forms are used more often than the long forms. As a rule their position is in front of the verb. Sometimes, though, they appear after the verb because they cannot appear in clause-initial position. The position of the long forms is after the verb:

Az tseluvam teb = Az te tseluvam = Tseluvam te

In Dative

(nom.) (dat, long f.) (dat. short f.)
    az - na men/ mi
    ti - na teb/ti
    toi - na nego / mu (or the archaic form nemu)

And so on...

The short forms and the long forms are identical in meaning. The long forms for the dative case are considered archaic, so the complex forms are used instead. The forms for the accusative case are used with transitive verbs that have been used transitively. The forms for dative case are used with intransitive verbs or with transitive verbs that have been used intransitively.

Az pitam teb, ne nego = I'm asking you, not him.

The short forms for the dative case substitute only the complex form, i.e. the combination of the preposition "na" + the long form for the accusative. Combinations of other prepositions and the long form for the accusative cannot be substituted by the short form for the dative case, neither can the short forms appear after prepositions (there are some exceptions but we'll not go into such details).

Az govorya na nego = Az mu govorya (I'm talking to him)
    Ti lipsvash na men = Ti mi lipsvash

Is it more clear now?

rsiscar said:

ok. I get it now. Thanks guys........ I'm enjoying the language very much.

So far, i'm fluent in 2 languages and conversational in a 3rd language. This would be my 4th language. and I think your language have a very complicated grammatical structure than the ones I have learned.