Slovak-English with a song by Team

Thread: Slovak-English with a song by Team

Tags: None
  1. Grind138 said:

Smile Slovak-English with a song by Team

Hi all, well this is my first, since I'm new here. I'm really hoping someone can translate this one ditty for me by Team.

Ženská menom Panika

V uliciach je celá divá
    a vráža do ľudí
    Nežná ako bozk od upíra
    No strach
    Z výkladov na teba bliká
    miluje zhon a stres
    v obchodoch nikdy nie je sýta
    no strach, no strach
    no strach pomyslieť

Nemáš sa pred ňou kam zašiť
    za rohom ťa ovalí
    Má tvoju adresu
    už si v kaši
    na ňu si vždy pomalý (hej)

Všetkých nás zatýka - ženská menom Panika
    všetkých nás zatýka - ženská menom Panika

Zvedavá je ako špiceľ
    všetko o tebe vie
    Nežná jak guľka do palice
    no strach
    pomyslieť

Je taká ako každá ženská
    tak strašne unaví
    a nikdy nevie
    kedy prestať
    no strach, no strach
    no strach pomyslieť

Nemáš sa pred ňou kam zašiť
    za rohom ťa ovalí
    Má tvoju adresu
    už si v kaši
    na ňu si vždy pomalý (hej)

Zvedavá je ako špiceľ
    všetko o tebe vie
    Nežná jak guľka do palice
    no strach pomyslieť

Je taká ako ženská
    tak strašne unaví
    a nikdy nevie
    kedy prestať
    no strach, no strach
    no strach pomyslieť

I know the title would literally be "A Woman Named Panic". Thanks SO much for your endeavors!!

Caym said:

Quote Originally Posted by Grind138 View Post
    Hi all, well this is my first, since I'm new here. I'm really hoping someone can translate this one ditty for me by Team.

I know the title would literally be "A Woman Named Panic". Thanks SO much for your endeavors!!
    A Woman Named Panic

When she’s going through the streets
    she’s all insane, bumping into people
    Tender as a vampire kiss
    It’s a fear
    she‘s blinking at you from a shop window
    she loves a rush and some stress
    when she’s in the shops
    she never has enough
    It’s a fear, it’s a fear
    it’s a fear to just think about it

There’s no place where you could keep out of her
    Around the corner she’s gonna catch you
    She got your address
    you carry the baby (- means you got a problem)
    you’re always too slow to catch her

She catches everyone - the woman named Panic
    She catches everyone - the woman named Panic

She’s as curious as an old lady
    she knows everything about you
    tender as a bullet shot in your head
    It’s a fear
    to just think about her

She’s as any other woman
    she will bore you so much
    and she doesn’t know
    when to stop herself
    It’s a fear, it’s a fear
    It’s a fear just to think about it

-----------------------
    PS: i wasn't sure with about 3-4 words because I'm a native Czech speaker and not Slovak, but I think that the meaning is quite obvious

3. Grind138 said:

Thumbs up Thank You!!

Thanks a lot dude or dudette, which ever one you are. lol. Might I also say - a VERY GOOD and MARVELOUS translation you've done here too!!

I guess I better start an entirely new thread to do an entire LP. Would you be willing to help with that?? LOL. Not trying to push it. I just LOVE your translation. It's REALLY impressive because your Czech and not Slovak. But I know yall can communicate with one another well, since the two of you are "mutually intelligeble". I'm really glad for the accurate translation simply because I'm studying Slovak and Czech. Thank you once again!

Caym said:

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Grind138 View Post
    Thanks a lot dude or dudette, which ever one you are. lol. Might I also say - a VERY GOOD and MARVELOUS translation you've done here too!!

I guess I better start an entirely new thread to do an entire LP. Would you be willing to help with that?? LOL. Not trying to push it. I just LOVE your translation. It's REALLY impressive because your Czech and not Slovak. But I know yall can communicate with one another well, since the two of you are "mutually intelligeble". I'm really glad for the accurate translation simply because I'm studying Slovak and Czech. Thank you once again!
    Wow, studying Slovak and Czech? Are you a self-murderer? XDDD
    I love translating so it's not a problem if you wanna help with some other lyrics. - yup, Czech and Slovak is quite alike, but there are words which i am not able to translate without some help from a native speaker

PS: dudette? XD i know the word dude, but dudette -- i can see that for the first time in my life XDDD

5. Grind138 said:

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Caym View Post
    Wow, studying Slovak and Czech? Are you a self-murderer? XDDD
    I love translating so it's not a problem if you wanna help with some other lyrics. - yup, Czech and Slovak is quite alike, but there are words which i am not able to translate without some help from a native speaker

PS: dudette? XD i know the word dude, but dudette -- i can see that for the first time in my life XDDD
    HAHA!! Yep! Cuz it's a killer haha! I'm a masochist, love the pain! Yeah and knew there are words that you wouldn't be certain about. I just mean that like half of the words or so are identical in spelling and pronunciation.

Yeah dudette is female haha. I called you "dude", but than "dudette", since I didn't know if you were a guy or girl. Also it can be a dude or a chick. Dudette's not too common, but it's suitable since you're calling someone dude/dudette haha.

But I'm glad you're eager to translate for me yo! Yeah I'm gonna post a LP in another thread, so that means multiple songs! I'm gonna do that like right now. Take care yo!