Zdraveite!

Thread: Zdraveite!

Tags: None

kateri4ka said:

Talking Zdraveite!

Awo!
    Az sum americhanka, kazvam ce Jessica...and I love Bulgaria!
    My boyfriend is from there, and ever since we met as friends, I've been hooked. There are a few things that I believe I was in a past life, and a Bulgarian is one of them. (if reincarnation is real,of course..if not, then i really can't explain my passion for the country) but I would love to go there one day, for a very very long time. I am currently teaching myself Bulgarian, and it's really hard. This site has been useful to me for some time, I actually feel like I know some of the moderators myself, but it's about time I joined in on the fun -- a lot of you guys are helpful, insightful and funny. And it will be awesome meeting all of you.

ciao!

lopatka said:

Hey :P Welcome on board ;] It's great that you have such a passion for learning Bulgarian, and for Bulgaria itself :] We'll be glad to help you with anything. Keep up the spirit and I hope someday you'll be able to go to Bulgaria for a looong time and enjoy yourself to the full there :]
    Ungir kallar, kátir kallar, gangiđ upp á gólv dansiđ lystilig!

smile_bg said:

Zdravei! :P
    I am very happy that you joined & even more happy that there're people even from USA who have heard of Bulgaria and moreover, want to learn the language. Yey!
    I'll be very glad to help you with whatever possible!

Btw, az sum Tina.

P.S. Can you read Cyrillic letters or...?

tedinkyyy said:

Hi and welcome here
    If you have whatever questions about Bulgaria, feel free to ask Also about our language ^.^ It's hard, I know, but with much practise you'll manage.So drop by here more often
    Eins.. hier kommt die Sonne
    Zwei..hier kommt die Sonne
    Drei.. hier kommt die Sonne
    Vier
    Fünf
    Sechs
    Sieben..
    Acht..
    Neun.....
    Ich hab' keine Lust.

5. I'm unstoppable said:

Hi ya! It's unbelievable how many foreigners desire to learn Bulgarian. Kateri4ka (I hope that you know the meaning of that word ), don't be scared of it. Yeah, it's hard in the very begining but you should know that the Slavonic Languages are so ... Don't put yourself out of the courage when you can understand or catch the meaning of something. We, all of us, will help you with great pleasure, if you have some questions or if you need some information. C'ya and have a nice day I wish you
    C'est la vie!

panselinos said:

Hey there, Jess! Make yourself at home. I hope you enjoy your stay with us.
    It's funnier in Enochian

NyLoN_BoY said:

Hi, everybody is welcomed here. Make yourself like home. We`re happy to help everybody. That`s why we`re here

kateri4ka said:

Quote Originally Posted by smile_bg View Post
    Zdravei! :P
    I am very happy that you joined & even more happy that there're people even from USA who have heard of Bulgaria and moreover, want to learn the language. Yey!
    I'll be very glad to help you with whatever possible!

Btw, az sum Tina.

P.S. Can you read Cyrillic letters or...?
    Hi Tina, and everyone else that responded!! *waves* Thanks for the warm welcome.
    And, yes I can read Cyrillic letters.
    I managed to get my hands on a single issue of a American-Bulgarian publication in the states, so from time to time, I try to read it, though newspapers are pretty advanced for me at this stage in the game. I've got a Bulgarian language book, a 'retchnik', and I actually had a professor send me a photocopied textbook & audio CD through the mail that they use in their 'Bulgarski ezik' classes, so that's been super helpful. (and I listen to chalga...I really like Anelia, Preslava and Azis)

I am willing to share any resources I have gathered with any of you, especially things on the internet. I should organize all the links I've gathered. My firefox bookmarks are quite messy!

P.S. I am also currently studying Japanese, so if anyone of you happens to speak it as well, or would like some help starting out, we should talk!

kateri4ka said:

Quote Originally Posted by I'm unstoppable View Post
    Hi ya! It's unbelievable how many foreigners desire to learn Bulgarian. Kateri4ka (I hope that you know the meaning of that word ), don't be scared of it. Yeah, it's hard in the very begining but you should know that the Slavonic Languages are so ... Don't put yourself out of the courage when you can understand or catch the meaning of something. We, all of us, will help you with great pleasure, if you have some questions or if you need some information. C'ya and have a nice day I wish you
    Haha, it means squirrel, doesn't it? I think squirrels are cute. I want one as a pet, but they're too hyperactive!

smile_bg said:

Wow, Jessica, Japanese! o.O Wow, wow, wow!
    Anyways, it's really nice that you like Bulgarian music as well. I like Preslava, as a matter of fact, so... another thing in common.

tedinkyyy said:

Jess, I'm sorry but I think you should try another Bulgarian artists Especially Azis isn't the most appropriate
    Ahm... Japanese and Bulgarian, that's the craziest combination I've seen
    P.P and you have a really cute nickname
    P.P actually how old are you
    Vier
    Fünf
    Sechs
    Sieben..
    Acht..
    Neun.....
    Ich hab' keine Lust.

kateri4ka said:

Quote Originally Posted by tedinkyyy View Post
    Jess, I'm sorry but I think you should try another Bulgarian artists Especially Azis isn't the most appropriate
    Ahm... Japanese and Bulgarian, that's the craziest combination I've seen
    P.P and you have a really cute nickname
    P.P actually how old are you
    Haha, Azis is crazy, but I seem to be drawn to his eccentricity...he does have a beautiful ballad with Malina, called 'ne znaesh' which isn't entirely inappropriate, haha. I'm open to learn everything about the music. I don't know about that much hip hop except for some Upsurt, and for rock, shturtite (i think is the name) is pretty cool. I watched some documentary online and Vasil Naidenov was in it, so I looked him up (I love 'Sineva'), and I like Hipodil because they remind me of american punk bands, and memories of just acting dumb with friends, haha. Recommendations are more than welcome.

I also like a lot of traditional folk music and find 'Mila Rodino' to be the most beautiful anthem I've heard so far. Though I listen to everything (and I mean everything, just ask) I listen to mostly rock/metal, and my favorite metal band is Lamb of God. I find that many Bulgarians (at least those I've spoken to), either totally love or hate chalga and just listen to a lot of American music.

Thanks for the compliment on the name and I turned 20 nearly a month ago (July 8th) -- I can't believe that much time passed already!

....and to Tina, I heard 'the best of preslava' cd...I can't stop listening to 'Lyja e', haha. I've got the link for it if you'd like. Just message me.

Japanese isn't that difficult as far as grammar and vocabulary are concerned, but the 'kanji' is extremely difficult to memorize. It's my 3rd language, Bulgarian is my fourth, (Besides english and spanish--which actually isn't as great as it should be) My magic number is 7..I would like to learn 7 languages, and speak a different one every day of the week, especially when I have children. The next one might be Icelandic, but its extremely intimidating! But enough about me -- all you wonderful people tell me about yourselves!

13. I'm unstoppable said:

Quote Originally Posted by kateri4ka View Post
    Haha, Azis is crazy, but I seem to be drawn to his eccentricity...he does have a beautiful ballad with Malina, called 'ne znaesh' which isn't entirely inappropriate, haha. I'm open to learn everything about the music. I don't know about that much hip hop except for some Upsurt, and for rock, shturtite (i think is the name) is pretty cool. I watched some documentary online and Vasil Naidenov was in it, so I looked him up (I love 'Sineva'), and I like Hipodil because they remind me of american punk bands, and memories of just acting dumb with friends, haha. Recommendations are more than welcome.

I also like a lot of traditional folk music and find 'Mila Rodino' to be the most beautiful anthem I've heard so far. Though I listen to everything (and I mean everything, just ask) I listen to mostly rock/metal, and my favorite metal band is Lamb of God. I find that many Bulgarians (at least those I've spoken to), either totally love or hate chalga and just listen to a lot of American music.

Thanks for the compliment on the name and I turned 20 nearly a month ago (July 8th) -- I can't believe that much time passed already!

....and to Tina, I heard 'the best of preslava' cd...I can't stop listening to 'Lyja e', haha. I've got the link for it if you'd like. Just message me.

Japanese isn't that difficult as far as grammar and vocabulary are concerned, but the 'kanji' is extremely difficult to memorize. It's my 3rd language, Bulgarian is my fourth, (Besides english and spanish--which actually isn't as great as it should be) My magic number is 7..I would like to learn 7 languages, and speak a different one every day of the week, especially when I have children. The next one might be Icelandic, but its extremely intimidating! But enough about me -- all you wonderful people tell me about yourselves!
    Well, I also prefer American music to our, but it doesn't mean that I hate listening ''Chalga'' My fav' BG (chalga) singers are Preslava, Anelia, Alisia, Andrea, Galena (female singers) and Boris Dali, Ilian, Toni Storaro (male singers). I like listening every kind of music excepting metal and hard rock.

I think you should listen to our folklore music. That's our pure gold. A lot of choirs sing and present our folklore songs. According to me the best foreign choir is London Bulgarian Choir because their pronunciation is close to the real BG language. The second is a choir from USA but I can't remember its name now It's composed by women only and they sing slavonic songs. They're good, too.

About me ... Well, I like a lot of things and I can do a lot of things I have a passion for languages (but I'm not addicted to them). I know Bg , English (my 1st and beloved language), German (my 2nd language but I don't like it, Tedi loves it more than me), some Greek and Spanish (I'm going to take some private lessons when I graduate 'cause I'm thinking of going to Spain in order to find a job and settle down there. About the Greek, I'm 1/4 a greek so it's in my blood), and a little bit of Turkish (Here, where I live, the turks are in plenty).

Ok, Join us in Skype, we're looking forward to you. There, you can ask us whatever you want about BG and we will answer to you. See you soon!
    C'est la vie!

smile_bg said:

Jess, you should try to hear "Fenomen" - it's a new song of Preslava. You'll like it. :P

tedinkyyy said:

Тц-тц... Вальо и неговия скайп...аз пък съм за МСН

Jess, about Azis -yeah, he gained popularity mostly becuz of being eccentric.But what I dislike in him is his great commersialism and that sometimes he overpasses the limits of scandal...
    I was very into the so-called "chalga" but recently nope.Actually most of the singers don't deserve listening to them.Just my opinion.Well, i still like some songs of Galena or Andrea (haha,though Andrea isn't the best example for a good singer) but the rest,including Preslava,Anelia etc. I can't stand recently.
    You should hear the song "Edna bylgarska roza" / 1 rose of Bulgaria, it's one of the best songs of us Also Lili Ivanova is probably the most rewarded singer here, though some people consider her something like Cher - that she'll never retard That group is called "Sturcite/Sturtsite" and they really have some good songs.Also our second winner of Music Idol (eq.of American Idol) was a metal-boy His name is Toma and you should see how he did perform a song of Azis He released his first rock/metal album last year :]
    About American music - I'm not a fan of the trends like Rihanna,Justin Timberlake and bla-bla.Maybe only Lady GaGa,but just some songs.I prefer the retro music from there
    And if you wanna know about me too - I'm Teodora,but you can call me Tedi, I'm a year younger - 19 ^.^ I'm going to university this year and I LOVE learning languages :P I'm in Slavic philology with Serbian,Slovenian,Croatian... I wanna learn Albanian too :P I also speak English and very poor German but I'll try to improve it... Also little Spanish (but it really isn't that "great") and Turkish.Most of my favourite singers are unknown for you because they're from Serbia or Albania,so I won't mention them And other... i live in a small town Dimitrovgrad but I'm moving to Sofia from the autumn to study there.
    Also if you have a facebook profile, you can search for me there,I'm Teodora Budakova
    Vier
    Fünf
    Sechs
    Sieben..
    Acht..
    Neun.....
    Ich hab' keine Lust.

smile_bg said:

Jess, I've read everything you've written just now, so... *blush* In terms of learning new languages, I'm addicted to this. Besides Bulgarian (of course ), i know English, Russian, French, and Spanish very well. Also, I know some Greek and Portuguese and I'm trying to learn Turkish. :P 7, huh?

NyLoN_BoY said:

Hey, I like rock/metal too I like finnish rock/metal bands
    Всичко е лъжа, заблуда и лъжа, заблуда, всичко е лъжа...

lopatka said:

* One more addict to the Finnish rock/metal scene *

Bulgarian, Japanese and Icelandic - 3 totally different languages, not to mention the writing systems :} Good luck with that ;] I, from my part, speak Bulgarian, English and French, and I'm in the process of leanring Finnish now. :}

I can recommend you some nice Bulgarian hip-hop bands, if you want. As for Bulgarian rock/metal, I don't think we have any nice bands nowadays. Especially nothing like Lamb of God, unfortunately. :]
    Ungir kallar, kátir kallar, gangiđ upp á gólv dansiđ lystilig!

kateri4ka said:

Quote Originally Posted by NyLoN_BoY View Post
    Hey, I like rock/metal too I like finnish rock/metal bands
    yeah, I'm not a big fan of a lot of American-made things...foreign metal is so melodic and crazy and awesome...but i love my LoG.I actually got to meet em and introduce em Live on stage when they came to NY. (http://www.kyte.tv/ch/71864-logkyte/...obile-show-239)

They played with Children of Bodom and As I Lay Dying, who performed pretty well too. I felt horrible for Alexi Laiho from Bodom cuz he got into an accident and like broke his shoulder or something but still played on every stop on the tour...but when they played that night in NY, he ran out of Vicodin and his other painkillers, and it was just too much pain, but that man has my respect to the fullest.

Someone threw their shoe at Randy and the crowd was commanded to find that person and F them up.... Wouldn't wanna be that guy:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOVShlLsDe0
    "Punish me, for when it is the lash that one seeks, there is nothing sweeter than the blood from whence it came. We could call it love, for lack of a better word." -- By Myself

kateri4ka said:

Quote Originally Posted by lopatka View Post
    * One more addict to the Finnish rock/metal scene *

Bulgarian, Japanese and Icelandic - 3 totally different languages, not to mention the writing systems :} Good luck with that ;] I, from my part, speak Bulgarian, English and French, and I'm in the process of leanring Finnish now. :}

I can recommend you some nice Bulgarian hip-hop bands, if you want. As for Bulgarian rock/metal, I don't think we have any nice bands nowadays. Especially nothing like Lamb of God, unfortunately. :]
    hows Finnish? Seems interesting! And yes share all your knowledge on music, culture, food, anything -- from any country... my brain is a sponge, haha.
    "Punish me, for when it is the lash that one seeks, there is nothing sweeter than the blood from whence it came. We could call it love, for lack of a better word." -- By Myself