Leb arabic translation needed - "We cannot escape our fate"

Thread: Leb arabic translation needed - "We cannot escape our fate"

Tags: None
  1. Rhonda9080 said:

Default Salaam Alakum - usage?

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream View Post
    I can't answer most of the other questions because I can't say I know 100% so when it comes to religious issues if I'm not positive I'll leave it to somebody else lol so I hope sohuda can help you.. but regarding to the quoted portion Yes they do and also in predestination
    Excellent! That helps! I thought I pretty much knew this, (lots of late-night conversations) but I'm trying to double check myself on everything.

So my next question--whatever happened to "Salaam Alakum" (Peace to You). Does anybody still use that anymore as a greeting or as a goodbye? (Especially Lebanese and Pali)
    "Life is what happens while we're busy making other plans..." John Lennon

LoOlya said:

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda9080 View Post
    So my next question--whatever happened to "Salaam Alakum" (Peace to You). Does anybody still use that anymore as a greeting or as a goodbye? (Especially Lebanese and Pali)
    Yes sure, we still use it, and we'll stay use it !
    salaam aleykum
    Syria ♥
    لّا إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ
    Suriyeli damarımda Türk kanı akıyor.

Daydream said:

Excellent! That helps! I thought I pretty much knew this, (lots of late-night conversations) but I'm trying to double check myself on everything.

Yes its still widely used.. especially when saying good bye you will hear most people saying "salaam" without the Alaykom
    Ya reitni 2amle b sha3rak, kel lama ashta2lak atsa7sel w ashoufak ♥

sohuda said:

Default wow! a lotta questions! :D its ok~

Okay, here's another one for you guys. Is there a quote from the Quran that would state something to the effect of Allah saving with the fire of His mouth (this is in the Old Testament) but nothing I can find in the Quran... Or saving from the fire, etc..
    saving the fire of His mouth??! never heard of such a thing.. I can't say that I'm a very religious person.. but I read the Quran often, and haven't passed by such a thing..
    And one more religious question that is kind of sticky. As (I hope with all my heart) you would know, it is not my intention to offend anyone's religion in my book. I have a description of the main character (Karim) likening the ancient pagan gods of the Levant to demons (ancient evil spirits) and calling them "lords of the Day of Doom" (lord in this case not capitalized)
    Now in my Quran, it doesn't say this (at least not that I can find, but a friend of mine told me that one of Allah's names (The Beneficent, the Merciful, Lord of the Worlds, etc) is "Lord of the Day of Doom". I sure don't want to offend anyone (including myself) by likening one of God's names to demon gods. I didn't realize this when I wrote the sequence.
    I hate to ask, but can any of you guys clarify this for me?
    Oh--one thing the character is trying to imply, is that they are lords of evil, and those that follow after their evil will ultimately bring about the "Day of Doom" on all mankind. However, we know God wins the battle!
    about that name 'lord of the day of doom' I don't know,, I'm not familiar with Allah's names in english.. but still didn't find anything.. here's a link to Allah's 99 names with their english translation:
    Here
    Also--would an observant, practicing Muslim with good knowledge of the Quran believe that everything that happens is God's Will? This has been my impression, but I want to be sure it is correct. Most practicing, conservative Christians in the US also believe this...
    everything happens of Allah's will!
    Also--one more weird thing, but it will help me--the main character's basic underlying belief is that the world began in the region (middle east, Levant, Fertile Crescent) and will end there? Is this also basically true of conservative Muslim beliefs? I have studied a lot of Bible and Quran prophesy of "the end" (or course, not for God or believers) and this is once again my impression...
    I thank you for any help you can provide.
    The end in the Quran does not specify neither a date nor a place for the "end"! that is what I know!

Sorry maybe this hasn't been really helpful, but did my best,, and your questions are hard, they should be asked to someone who knows these things well..
    The hours of pain have yielded good,
    Which prosperous days refused;
    As herbs, though scentless when entire,
    Spread fragrance when they’re bruised.

5. Rhonda9080 said:

Ok--found one:
    "And some of them draw near to others, questioning. Saying: `Aforetime, we were afraid (of the punishment of Allah) in the midst of our families. So Allah has been gracious to us, and has saved us from the torment of the Fire. Verily, we used to invoke Him (Alone and none else) before. Verily, He is Al-Barr (the Most Subtle, Kind, Courteous, and Generous), the Most Merciful.". (52:25-28)

On the "The Lord of the Day of Doom" I just don't see it. I am going to check with a local Imam I think to be sure. My Quran--an english version by Dr. Rashid Kalitha says God/Allah is the "Master of the Day of Judgement"
    I am going to check with a local Imam to be sure, but the way I am using the phrase is plural, and the paragraph obviously references evil demonic entities (like the Nephalim) who brought about the evil that caused the flood, etc.
    Karim, who is Christian, would have more of the Biblical perspective on the end, but he does like to quote both Books.
    ****The site link you gave me helped a lot! I was able to get Al Muhyi—Giver of Life, which I needed
    You guys help me so much, even when you think you don't have the answer. I really appreciate it, because sometimes it leads to an answer, or something else I needed> Hurray!

6. Rhonda9080 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream View Post
    Yes its still widely used.. especially when saying good bye you will hear most people saying "salaam" without the Alaykom
    Ok! Goodie! No rewrite on that then! I do use it once for hello (welcome) and once for goodbye, along with the more common ahlan for hi. So no Alaykum then?

7. Rhonda9080 said:

Quote Originally Posted by LoOlya View Post
    Yes sure, we still use it, and we'll stay use it !
    salaam aleykum
    Thank you so much for your help! Shukran and salaam! You guys are the best!!!!

Daydream said:

Ok! Goodie! No rewrite on that then! I do use it once for hello (welcome) and once for goodbye, along with the more common ahlan for hi. So no Alaykum then?
    You can keep the alaykum it's used with/and without when saying hello and Id say just plain "salaam" is more common for good-byes but again both are fine
    Ya reitni 2amle b sha3rak, kel lama ashta2lak atsa7sel w ashoufak ♥

sohuda said:

Ok great! Hurray back~
    The hours of pain have yielded good,
    Which prosperous days refused;
    As herbs, though scentless when entire,
    Spread fragrance when they’re bruised.