Serbian children's songs

Thread: Serbian children's songs

Tags: None
  1. Jacque said:

Smile Serbian children's songs

I'm a primary school teacher and my topic this term is Europe. As I am quarter serb I was hoping to teach my class some childrens songs but the only one I can remember is kisa pada. We have to prepare a small concert for parents so I'm looking for some short songs that wouldn't be too hard to learn. They are learning a french and german song also but I was hoping to make the serbian songs the main attraction! Some funny songs would be good also, something like 'head, shoulders, kness and toes!

Hope someone can help me!
    Thanks
    Jac

MayGoLoco said:

Maybe When you're happy and you know it - Kad si sretan.
    That would be a great kids song for performing with all the clapping, stamping feet etc.

I have a collection with childrens songs and some stories in Serbian and Croatian (I had to download it for my sisters kids).
    I haven't really listened to it, so I don't know which songs to recommend for such a show.
    But I'll upload it for you and send you the link as soon as it's up!

pthalo said:

i know a Croatian children's song, but i don't know if you could find the melody for it online, and i don't remember all the words, because i learned it before i knew serbian. but it goes something like:

mi smo kapi, mi smo kapi
    oceana, oceana
    jednog mora, jednog mora
    valovi, valovi
    dođi k nama s nama sreću tražiti
    tako vrijedi somethingsomething živjeti
    I'm stronger than the tricks played on your heart. We look at them together then we take 'em apart. Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two.

Spring said:

Oh what a topic... fits my Neverland perfectly lol

I was once in a serious pursuit of songs that we used to sing when I was in kindergarten and there were some TV shows for kids with great songs: Branko and his Kocka Kockica, a music competition for kids called Tobogan and there was a great children's choir called Kolibri who sang stuff that I still get the chills when I hear them..
    Anyways.. In my desperate attempt to find these songs not so long ago, I've ran into a site that has a great collection!
    Here is the site, with the songs (you can either click on them to just listen or right click, Save Target As to save them)
    click

Do not miss:

Kad si sretan (Maja mentioned it above but it's a bit different from the English version)

KAD SI SRETAN ~ When You're Happy

Kad si sretan ti udari dlan o dlan - When you're happy, clap your hands
    Kad si sretan ti udari dlan o dlan - When you're happy, clap your hands
    Kad si sretan i kad zeliš s drugim djelit srecu tu, - When you're happy and you want to share the happiness with others
    Kad si sretan ti udari dlan o dlan. - When you're happy, clap your hands

Kad si sretan ti pucketaj prstima
    - When you're happy, *
    Kad si sretan ti pucketaj prstima
    Kad si sretan i kad zeliš s drugim djelit srecu tu, - When you're happy and you want to share the happiness with others
    Kad si sretan ti pucketaj prstima.

Kad si sretan ti potapši koljena -
    When you're happy tap (?) your knees
    Kad si sretan ti potapši koljena - When you're happy tap (?) your knees
    Kad si sretan i kad zeliš s drugim djelit srecu tu,- When you're happy and you want to share the happiness with others
    Kad si sretan ti potapši koljena. When you're happy tap (?) your knees

Kad si sretan lupi nogama o pod
    - When you're happy stomp your feet (on the floor)
    Kad si sretan lupi nogama o pod - When you're happy stomp your feet (on the floor)
    Kad si sretan i kad zeliš s drugim djelit srecu tu, When you're happy and you want to share the happiness with others
    Kad si sretan lupi nogama o pod. - When you're happy stomp your feet (on the floor)

Kad si sretan ti povici "ura","ura" - Whey you're happy, yell "hurray", "hurray"
    Kad si sretan ti povici "ura","ura" - Whey you're happy, yell "hurray", "hurray"

Kad si sretan ti ponovi ovo sve, - Whey you're happy, repeat all this
    Kad si sretan ti ponovi ovo sve, - Whey you're happy, repeat all this
    Kad si sretan ti ponovi ovo sve "U-RA". - When you're happy, repeat all this, repeat all this "hurray"

pucketaj prstima - my dictionary says crack your knuckles but that doesn't seem right.. it's a different kind of .. argh somebody help! lol
    this is when you sort of roll your middle finger down your thumb in order to make a sound
    (Serbian version would be the same, just "delit" instead of "djelit")

Here's a video (but I prefer Branko's version anyway )

Na kraj sela zuta kuca
    Isli smo u Afriku (da sadimo papriku! )

Ivin voz

Slon lepotan

ok... I got a little carried away ... But I am sure you will find some easy ones that you can teach the kids..

MayGoLoco said:

Quote Originally Posted by Spring
    ;643038pucketaj prstima - my dictionary says crack your knuckles but that doesn't seem right.. it's a different kind of .. argh somebody help! lol
    this is when you sort of roll your middle finger down your thumb in order to make a sound
    It's snap your fingers in English.

Kad si sretan ti pucketaj prstima - When you're happy, snap your fingers
    Kad si sretan ti pucketaj prstima- When you're happy, snap your fingers
    Kad si sretan ti pucketaj prstima.- When you're happy, snap your fingers

MayGoLoco said:

I've now realized that I actually can't snap my fingers with my middle finger,
    I always use my ring finger for it (it makes more sound).

Spring said:

lol I can't do it like that And can't do it anyway actually with my right hand. Only with left : ))
    Hvala Majo! The word was somewhere out there... just not reaching my conscious brain : )

MayGoLoco said:

Nema na cemu

9. Jacque said:

Thanks everyone for you help! My class are Learning kiša pada at the momemt while i decide on other songs.
    Can someone translate this nursery rhyme for me as it would be easy to teach and doesnt need music as they all know the tune from childhood.

Head shoulders knees and toes knees and toes(x2),
    and eyes and ears and mouth and nose,
    head shoulders knees and toes, knees and toes.

I know the words for head eyes nose mouth but i know the endings will be different lol x

Spring said:

Head shoulders knees and toes knees and toes(x2),
    Glava, ramena, kolena i prsti na nogama, kolena i prsti na nogama
    and eyes and ears and mouth and nose,
    i oči i uši i usta i nos,
    head shoulders knees and toes, knees and toes.
    glava, ramena, kolena i prsti na nogama, kolena i prsti na nogama.

Well.. I know what you mean by endings but... they are not really 'different' (or I missed the point )

MayGoLoco said:

Quote Originally Posted by Jacque View Post
    Thanks everyone for you help!
    You're welcome Jacque

12. Jacque said:

Thankyou my class asked for head, shoulders, knees and toes so they will be over the moon when I turn up with that tomorrow!
    I actually had it all correct except knees, I only had kolena. What does kolena i prsti translate to? Kind of long winded for your knees lol! Had mouth wrong too I had usta. I live and learn lol
    Not sure how I am going to fit knees into the song now??? Mght change it for legs or something?!

By the endings changing I was meaning like jedna karta and dve karte. Wasn't sure if glava would be glave/u/ etc, it really confuses me and I dont think I will ever get it lol!

MayGoLoco said:

Quote Originally Posted by Jacque View Post
    What does kolena i prsti translate to?
    Kolena = knees
    Prsti na nogama = toes

Maybe you could change toes into feet - noge, to make it sound easier/better?

14. Jacque said:

LOL I was just trying to post a message that said what you just said above but had to log in again and when I scrolled back down it was as if you had read my mind!!!!! I was just about to ask also if foot was noga what is feet! LOL Freaky!!!!!!
    I had just figured out kolena was knees doh! Fingers on your feet, is that what prsti na nogama means?

Spring said:

yes
    it's also = nožni prsti but prsti na nogama sounds better (and Id personally never say nožni prsti lol)

I dont know why you say you had mouth wrong? it is indeed - usta

Head = Glava,
    shoulders = ramena,
    knees = kolena
    toes = prsti na nogama (literally = fingers on legs )
    eyes = oči
    ears = uši
    mouth = usta
    nose = nos

legs = noge
    feet = stopala

pthalo said:

i love that song *claps hands*
    I'm stronger than the tricks played on your heart. We look at them together then we take 'em apart. Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two.