Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ercmnt View Post
    No comment from me about football... (deeply in pain, trying to came back from a coma!!!)
    inanamıyorum. Fenerli misin?
    About marmaris i dont know anyone living there but i ve been there many times and i can help you in making some plans. Depending on your expectations, i will be glad if i can help.
    hmm
    my expectations
    1. historical places and a lot of interesting information about them (that's why i'd like to have a guide. I don't like to have fun in conversation with a guide-book) and to get this information without a desire to decoy me into the touristic shops
    2. nice person\people to practice my turkish
    3. in the same time to make this practice in calm and comfort (coz i have great problems in communication with people in touristic places being a blond blue-eyed slavic girl )
    3. nice sport-bar with a wide screen (i'll be there during the World Cup)

smth like that
    thanxx for any help
    Herkes kendi türküsünü söyler bu şehirde sadece kendi acısına ağlar

ercmnt

Quote Originally Posted by Kalomira View Post
    inanamıyorum. Fenerli misin?

hmm
    my expectations
    1. historical places and a lot of interesting information about them (that's why i'd like to have a guide. I don't like to have fun in conversation with a guide-book) and to get this information without a desire to decoy me into the touristic shops
    2. nice person\people to practice my turkish
    3. in the same time to make this practice in calm and comfort (coz i have great problems in communication with people in touristic places being a blond blue-eyed slavic girl )
    3. nice sport-bar with a wide screen (i'll be there during the World Cup)

smth like that
    thanxx for any help
    1. historical places in marmaris... i think this is a wrong choice... ( preventing you, from a desire to decoy you in touristic shops that will be the hardest :P )

2. thats the easiest part

3. check the 2. answer it depends if the 2. can be solved.

3. (this should be 4th) and yes this one can be solved too.

To be honest, Marmaris is a beautifull place but....

here please have a look at this site : http://www.marmaris.bel.tr/index.asp?s=AnaSayfa&Lng=En

then i ll go on the "but" part.

*ps: Yes i am. and i feel so proud of it.

ercmnt

As you can read in that link, there are some places to see in the name of a cultural tour, but the tourism in marmaris is mostly devoloped on bars , night life, boat trips and shopping. I think Marmaris has British tourists as the most. Its quite beautiful place to have some crazy vacation (The kind of vacation that you will need 2 or 3 days rest after it :P ). And The bars wont make you miss stadiums. Many people from many nations will surely be there, probably drunk, and having fun (you may need to rewiev/edit your comments for inner derby to be dangerous after you see that :P )

İf you are interested in sailing that is an other subject, the state Muğla can be considered as one the worlds best places to sail. (I m not talking about daily tours.) Bozburun, Selimiye,Hisarönü (Selimiye and Hisarönü have such beautifull small bays) or towards east Ekincik, Dalyan, Göcek (which is a heaven for sailing) and Fethiye. (i ve experienced sailing from Fethiye to Hisarönü)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,117 Times in 706 Posts

Nice thread ..have to write a long speech about my last trip to turkey
    i'll back with all the things soon am too lazy to write them now

thanks milena for the nice idea thumbs up

Thanks

Nice Subject

OOF Turkey >> I'm Crazy in This Country

I visited Turkey once ,, The most beautiful country I visited in my life

I spent a beautiful day's in Turkey

1- I loved The Magical Nature

2- I llove the Turkish Language

3- I loved The People

4- I love The Turkish Songs .. Very Very Very Very Very Much

I'm Listening To Turkish Songs Only

I Love Everything in Turkey ~
    I'm Crazy in This Country ~

Thaanx Milena =)
    Aşk Bir Dondruma Gibidiır

Çok Bekletirsen Erir

Thanks

ercmnt thanx
    Its quite beautiful place to have some crazy vacation (The kind of vacation that you will need 2 or 3 days rest after it :P ). And The bars wont make you miss stadiums. Many people from many nations will surely be there, probably drunk, and having fun (you may need to rewiev/edit your comments for inner derby to be dangerous after you see that :P )
    was it your 'but' part?
    Herkes kendi türküsünü söyler bu şehirde sadece kendi acısına ağlar

ercmnt

Haha pick any paragraph you like and consider it to be the "BUT" part.

Thanks

I went to İstanbul last year (2009), and first of all I have to say that 1. I was really lucky, and 2. I really felt sorry for that city, because I visited that city in the first week of September, 2009. The entire week was full of high temperatures and lots of sunshine. During the early afternoon, on the 8th of September, I went back home again, and only that day it was quite rainy. The next morning, when I woke up, I saw on the news that İstanbul was literally flooded! So those two feelings I just described really took over me. To those hailing from that city: did it take long to go back to normal again?

But now about the city and its people: it was absolutely brill!!! I've visited quite some cities all over the world, and İstanbul by far is one of my favourites! London is rubbish, New York doesn't even live up to the expectations one might have, LA... well, don't even get me started on thát city, thank god that Cairo-Gizah has the pyramids, for the agglomeration itself is everything but beautiful, and I can go on and on. But İstanbul: everything just felt right in that city; the history (the city has lots of it, and not only that; it's also a very diverse history!), the people (very friendly!), the weather (well, save the last day)... Just everything!

Perhaps funny to say is that I, always voting the most left, liberal, and progressive party in Dutch politics (GroenLinks; GreenLeft) visited that city with a friend of mine, who is quite right-wing (he never thought quite highly of anything Turkish ). But when he heard I was planning a trip to İstanbul, he asked if I would mind if he would tag along, for he heard only great stories of it. I agreed, although I was quite afraid that he would really hate it, for he doesn't give crap about the Turkish/Middle-Eastern/Eastern-Mediterranean culture.
    But even now, almost one year after that holiday, he still talks about that city with a great deal of fondness, and the moment that I will visit that city again (which is not a matter of if, but a matter of when ), I had to promise him to let him know, for he also wants to go back again! He even bought Turkish music, both there and back home in the Netherlands!

One thing that we found out, though, is that we think that İstanbul is a country inside a country. You've got Türkiye, and you've got İstanbul. And, perhaps, they both can't live with, or without eachother.

To people from İstanbul: is this a true observation, or is it just out of whack that we felt that way? How do you see your city compared to Türkiye?

Public transport was... well, we've learned to think of it as 'typically İstanbul'. So many ways of transport, but none of them really is acting as one. From the tram you have to walk to the tube or the funicular, or the light rail, or the train (or whatever other combination you'd choose). At the same time, that makes it fun as well. So many kinds of transport, all different from the other.
    To people from İstanbul: how do you see it all?

Food was just great, but then again: I love the food coming from that region, so I am really quite biased. Oow, talking about food and drinks: rakı is pronounced like 'rakuh', right? Many people in the Netherlands (and other countries as well, I guess) pronounce it like 'rakee', which I thought is incorrect, for the 'ı' is always pronounced like 'uh'. :s

Well, I could go on and on, but it all boils down to one thing: I just have had one giant big great experience with İstanbul. I'm going to visit that city again, definitely!
    To Páthos Eínai Aformí

ercmnt

Robster1983,

First of all i am very glad that you enjoyed your experience. Let me answer your questions:

That flood !
    That was something very bad, the city center was not effected so badly, but north west of istanbul and also north west of the region Marmara had big damage. We used to have heavy rains in september but I ve seen nothing like that before. Everything come back to normal for the city in afew days but the parts that were damaged yes it took sometime, and worst of all as i remember over 40 people were dead.

" İstanbul is a country inside a country. they both can't live with, or without eachother" i am not able to say anything better then this for a description. Your observation is amazing and very good. There are many urban legends :P about the number of people living in Istanbul, i may say there are more then 15.000.000 people in the city. Which makes the city more crowded then hundreds of Countries in the world. The city is being seen like a gate of hope for many ones and taking huge migrations from other parts of Turkey. And most of the new comers brings their culture here, there is a question which is used so much " hemşerim memleket nere?" meaning which part of Turkey you are from? i think that is a result of peoples searching to be with their own homelands guys.

Public transport: That may be fun for a tourist sometimes but be sure it is not fun for the ones rushing for job or trying to go back home from work (7:30am-9:00am and 6:00pm 7:30pm) i strongly advise you not to be in traffic at these times. i have an office in asia side and my home is in europe side if i miss 5:30pm for going home then i usualy wait for the time to be arround 7:30pm and guess what i be home at same time in both choices :P. But as a tourist if u spend this times of day in a place to enjoy it is not a problem . What i really think is we are much behind in the mass transport systems and i dont think we will be able to catch up soon.

Food is something that you must realy spend some time on it. it worths .

And about Rakı, it looks similiar but have some little differences with greek uzo or arabic arak.
    Never drink that with an empty stomack . it is the letter " ı " at the end which makes foreigners pronounce it like "rakee" it is not "i" it is "ı" i ll try to find a site to show you how it is said http://www.seslisozluk.com/?word=rak%C4%B1&sozluk=tr you will see a speakher icon near the turkish flag, click it and see how it is said.

Cheers!
    Last edited by ercmnt; 06-15-2010 at 04:38 AM.

Syrian-Turkish Moderator LoOlya's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,503 Times in 1,100 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Milena View Post
    The title says it all...Have you ever been in Turkey? If yes, when & where exactly? What are your impressions? What do you think about Turkish cities, people, culture, cuisine, language etc?
    Yes I've been there for 2 times actually..
    the first time was before 5 years, and the second time was before 2 years.. and trying to be there in this summer (after 1 month inşallah)
    I went to many cities-places [[İstanbul,Ankara,Bursa,İzmir,Adana,Kapadokya,Mersin ,Hatay]] and trying to visit Antalya one day

I can say in general : I loved everything there.. so that I'm learning Turkish (:
    Syria ♥
    لّا إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ
    Suriyeli damarımda Türk kanı akıyor.

Thanks

Robster1983,

First of all i am very glad that you enjoyed your experience. Let me answer your questions:

That flood !
    That was something very bad, the city center was not effected so badly, but north west of istanbul and also north west of the region Marmara had big damage. We used to have heavy rains in september but I ve seen nothing like that before. Everything come back to normal for the city in afew days but the parts that were damaged yes it took sometime, and worst of all as i remember over 40 people were dead.

" İstanbul is a country inside a country. they both can't live with, or without eachother" i am not able to say anything better then this for a description. Your observation is amazing and very good. There are many urban legends :P about the number of people living in Istanbul, i may say there are more then 15.000.000 people in the city. Which makes the city more crowded then hundreds of Countries in the world. The city is being seen like a gate of hope for many ones and taking huge migrations from other parts of Turkey. And most of the new comers brings their culture here, there is a question which is used so much " hemşerim memleket nere?" meaning which part of Turkey you are from? i think that is a result of peoples searching to be with their own homelands guys.

Public transport: That may be fun for a tourist sometimes but be sure it is not fun for the ones rushing for job or trying to go back home from work (7:30am-9:00am and 6:00pm 7:30pm) i strongly advise you not to be in traffic at these times. i have an office in asia side and my home is in europe side if i miss 5:30pm for going home then i usualy wait for the time to be arround 7:30pm and guess what i be home at same time in both choices :P. But as a tourist if u spend this times of day in a place to enjoy it is not a problem. What i really think is we are much behind in the mass transport systems and i dont think we will be able to catch up soon.

Food is something that you must realy spend some time on it. it worths.

And about Rakı, it looks similiar but have some little differences with greek uzo or arabic arak.
    Never drink that with an empty stomack. it is the letter " ı " at the end which makes foreigners pronounce it like "rakee" it is not "i" it is "ı" i ll try to find a site to show you how it is said http://www.seslisozluk.com/?word=rak%C4%B1&sozluk=tr you will see a speakher icon near the turkish flag, click it and see how it is said.

Cheers!
    Selam ercmnt,

thank you very much! I really had a great time, so, like I said: I will definitely visit that city again!

Also çok teşekkürler for replying my questions! It's nice to hear that İstanbul came back at her feet a few days after that terrible flood, but indeed, it's a sad thing that people were killed and/ or injured during that event! I hope that meassures have been taken to avoid this happening in the future?

Yes, İstanbul really felt like a gate of everything! But then again, from time to time, I felt like I was in a nice village. It never felt 'too big' or something like that. Then again, it never felt 'too small' as well. Like I said: everything was just perfect (well, perfection does not exist, but İstanbul sure as hell made a great job in achieving in the next best thing!).

Yeah, well, about public transport: our hotel was in the (crawling) distance of the Sultan Ahmet Camii and the Ayasofya, so we were in a very central place, so we didn't need to use the public transport as much as the people from teh city itself. But I guess that it makes you utterly crazy if you are depending on it from a day to day basis! Let's hope the plans (and building) for the new lines of the metro go at a rapid speed!

In terms of food: couldn't agree with you more! The food is BRILL! But like I said: I like the food from that region anyhow, so I am quite biased! (but yes, it is SO good )

Hahaha, arkadaşım ercmnt, the fun is in just that: drinkin rakı on an empty stomach (and not mixing it with water, as many people seem to do over there )! No, truthfully; I am sort of used to some strong liqueurs, for that's quite normal in the Netherlands. But indeed, if you've never drank something like that, then NEVER do that on an empty stomach (well, unless you'd like to see the inside of the toilet seat up close and personal ). But what's up with the water people kept adding to the rakı? :s

And thnx for the pronounciation! I knew it was like you said, but I began to doubt, since many people over here (including some 'NederTurks' (Turkish people living in the Netherlands) reffered to it as 'rakee'). I thought that perhaps there was an exception for certain words or something like that. But now I know for sure!

Btw, haven't told that before: İstanbul is a GREAT place of buying music! I came back home with SO MANY cds! Ajda, Petek, Hande, Demet, Bengü, Göksel, Hadise, Betül Demir, Burcu Güneş, Deniz Seki, Gülşen, Lara, Tuğba Ekinci... Just SO MUCH! :-)

Yep, İstanbul just rules. Big time!
    To Páthos Eínai Aformí

Thanks

@Robster1983: thank you for your sentences about my country

ercmnt

Quote Originally Posted by Robster1983 View Post

Hahaha, arkadaşım ercmnt, the fun is in just that: drinkin rakı on an empty stomach (and not mixing it with water, as many people seem to do over there )! No, truthfully; I am sort of used to some strong liqueurs, for that's quite normal in the Netherlands. But indeed, if you've never drank something like that, then NEVER do that on an empty stomach (well, unless you'd like to see the inside of the toilet seat up close and personal ). But what's up with the water people kept adding to the rakı? :s
    ROFL yes yes, inside of the toilet thing is somewhere that most first rakı drinkers visit

Here i ll copy something about how to drink rakı . The writer (Aydın Boysan) is arround 90 years old , and i like him so much. I am not so sure about how to translate that feelings he tried to give in his words, ill leave it for someone that realy can do it

RAKI NASIL İÇİLİR ?

'Rakıyı güneş battıktan sonra, yavaş yavaş ve muhabbet eşliğinde içmeli.
    Rakıdan küçük küçük yudumlar alınır.
    Bülent Ersoy öyle içiyor diye bir dikişte bir duble rakıyı içmek makbul değildir
    Buz gibi şişeden bardağa çevire çevire dökülür ve o nefis kokunun daha fazla yayılması sağlanır.
    Bardağa konulan rakının yarısı kadar su konması makbuldür.
    İlk yudumu aldıktan sonra ağızda bekletip, dişlerin arasından derin bir nefes alınır ki akciğerler de nasibini alsın.

Masada yaşça en büyük kişi rakı kadehini tokuşturmak için kaldırmadan rakı kadehleri masadan kalkmaz.
    Rakı sofrasında planlı, programlı ciddi işler konuşulmaz.
    Geyik muhabbeti yapılır, memleket kurtarılır, anılar tazelenir, dedikodu yapılır.
    Sigara küllüğüne zeytin çekirdeği, sıkılmış limon kabuğu konmaz.
    İçilen kahve fincanında, tabağında sigara söndürülmez.
    Rakı kadehine önce rakı, sonra su, daha sonra da
    (konmasa daha iyi olur ama) buz konur.
    Bu sırayı bozarsanız, anason kadehin üzerine çıkar, rakının hem tadı hem keyfi kaçar...
    Rakıya buz koymak neden yanlıştır;
    Buz rakının içindeki suyla alkolü aynı oranda etkilemediği için daha seyrek olan alkol üste çıkar.
    İdeal karışım bozulmuş olur.
    En uygunu rakıya soğuk su koymaktır.

İçmeye başlamadan önce aperatif bir şeyler yenmelidir.
    Favori zeytinyağlılardır.
    Zeytinyağı, mide dolmaya başladıkça üste çıkarak, alkolün genzinize doğru gelmesini engeller.
    Rakı sofrasında kadeh yalnızca bir defa tokuşturulur.
    Hadi bakalım hoş geldiniz vs. falan diye.

Bundan sonra kadeh tokuşturulmaz sadece kaldırılır.
    Masaya yeni birisi eklendiğinde ise tekrar kadeh tokuşturulabilir.
    Rakı şalgam suyuyla içilmez!
    Mezesiz de rakı içilmez.
    Ben akşamcıyım, öyle bir kadehlik keyfim var diyorsanız gidin bira filan için.
    Şişe numarasının önemi yoktur.
    Zira ilk damıtılan rakı, 01 numaraya denk gelmez.

Rakı masasına avuç içiyle ya da yumrukla vurulmaz.
    Bağıra çağıra, böğüre öğüre konuşulmaz...
    Sakin olmak, efendi takılmak gerekir...
    Önce kendine gel, sonra meyhaneye,
    Kalender ol da gir kalenderhaneye,
    Bu yol kendini yenmişlerin yoludur,
    Çiğsen başka bir yere git eğlenmeye...

Rakı bardağı boş beklemez...
    Evet masadan kalkarken bile dibinde biraz bırakılır.
    Usul, adap bilen en genç kişinin saki(*farsça; kadeh sunan) olması adettendir,
    büyüklere (ki büyüklük kavramı orada anlam bulur) sakilik yaptırılmaz...
    Ev sahibi olsa bile.

Şişede kalan son rakı damlasına kadar eşit paylaştırılır,
    daha da içmek isteniyorsa bu paylaştırma ritüeline girilmeden yenisi sipariş edilir.

Rakı sizi ne zaman sarhoş edeceğini zamanında söyleyen bir içkidir,
    bunu fark ettiğiniz zaman yanınızdakilere söylemeli, ya da izin isteyip kalkıp gitmelisiniz,
    ama eğer sizin kalkmanız masayı dağıtacaksa ölseniz bile orayı terk etmeyin.
    Çünkü rakı masasından tuvalete gitmek için bile zar zor kalkılır, hoş karşılanmaz...

Rakı masasında bira, şarap gibi başka alkollü içecekler (masada kibar hanımefendiler olsa dahi) olmaz.
    Her nevi ızgara balık (lüfer, çupra, levrek, istrongilos) uğurlu yemeği,
    hususi nihavent ve rast makamından sanat musikisi eserleri uğurlu nağmesi,
    akordeon, keman ve ud uğurlu çalgısı olan rakının, uğurlu cl'si 70'dir.
    Rakı yalnız başına içilen bir içki değil, meze ile birlikte yavaş (sindire sindire) içilen bir içkidir.
    Mide ve beyne belirli bir etki yaptıktan sonra insan keyiflenir ve güzel sohbetlere yönelir.
    Yani hem anlatır hem dinler...
    Böylece rakı sofrası en az iki kişinin katıldığı toplu bir eylem,
    karşılıklı konuşmalara dayandığı için demokratik bir forum,
    evrensel ve kişisel sorunların ortaya getirildiği, fikir alıp verilen,
    insanın kendisi ile yüksek sesle düşünerek hesaplaştığı bir tür psikolojik grup terapisi olmaktadır.

Unutulmamalıdır ki rakı sofrası saygın bir cemiyettir...
    Buraya katılan hem bu meclise kabul edildiği için saygı gören bir kişiliğe sahip demektir
    hem de diğerlerine karşı aynı saygıyı göstermek zorundadır.
    Herhangi bir marka rakı içilirken başka bir markayı övmemek önemlidir,
    aksi yapıldığında, o an yudumlanan nimete hakarette bulunulmaktadır, yanlıştır.
    En büyük mezesi muhabbettir.
    Muhabbet konusu 'Bi' kız vardı, 5 yıl sevdim, yüzüme bile bakmadı' gibi duygusal ağırlıklı olabileceği gibi,
    'Bu güneş niye hep doğudan doğuyor, batıdan batıyor?' gibi yarı-felsefi konular da olabilir.

Tam yağlı koyun peynirinin üzerine kırmızı toz biberle renklendirilmiş sarımsaklı zeytinyağı süslemesi...
    Turşu gibi ekşi mezelerde yine rakının kendine has tatlı nefasetini(*nefis, güzel...) dengeler,
    damarlarınızı büzer, anasonla dost olur...

- NEYMİŞ?
    - RAKI İÇMEK SANATMIŞ...

Hadi yarasın..

Aydın BOYSAN

ercmnt

How to drink Rakı?

You have to drink rakı after the sundown, very slowly and while having a friendly converstation.

You need to have little sips.

It is not agreeable to have whole the glass in one time just because Bulent Ersoy do it like that. (A famous singer )

you pour From an icecold bottle to your glass while you are slightly spinning your glass and by doing that you let the excellent aroma to be spreaded more.

It is popularly esteemed that you shall add water which is the half of the amount of rakı u have in your glass.

With the first sip in your mouth you breath deeply while keeping it in your mouth. That makes your lungs to have the pleasure of it too.

You dont raise your glass for cheers before the oldest person in the table raises his glass.

While drinking rakı you dont speak planed, organized serious things.

Schmoose is welcomed, you can save the country, refresh memories, and some gossip will be good.

You must not leave olive seed or squeezed lemons garbadge in any ashtrays.

You must not put out your cigar in the finished cofee cup or its plate.

You must first pour your rakı and then add water in it and then (it will be better if you never use ice) ice.

If you dont fallow this row, the anise will slowly float up in the rakı and then you loose both the taste of rakı and the pleasure of it.

Why it is wrong to have ice in rakı;

The effect of ice will not be same for water and alcohol, so the thinner alcohol will rise in water.

So the optimum mixture will not happen.

The best is having cold water with rakı.

You have to have some appetizer before you start drinking.

The best for that are the foods made with oliveoil.

Oliveoil rises up in your stomach when you are filling it, so that it prevents the alcohol rise up and make you feel uncomfortable.

You clink your glasses in a toast only once while you are having rakı.

For a welcome etc.

After that you dont clink glasses in a toast, you only raise your glass.

If there is a newcomer for the table that is an exception and you can clink glasses in a toast again.

Rakı must not be drinked with turnip juice!

Without side dishes you must not drink it also.

If you consider yourself as a habitual evening drinker, and saying "i just want to enjoy only one glass" , then go and have a beer or something else.

The number on the bottle is not important.

It doesnt mean that the first distelled rakı is in the number 01 bottle.

You shall not hit on the table with a punch or palm.

Yelling and talking rudely that is not allowed...

You have to be even-tempered, and behave as a gentelman.

First you come to yourself, then to barroom,

First behave philosophic then enter the *kalenderhane ( a place from old times where poor Dervishs eat and stay)

This road is a road for the ones who managed to beat themselves.

If you are still raw, then go to somewhere else to have fun...

The glass of rakı is never to be wait empty...

Yes even when you are leaving the table you have to leave some sips in it.

its from tradition that The youngest person, who has good manners to be the *saki (*saki word from persian which means the one serving the glass),
    Even if he is the host, matures are not to be allowed serving raki. ( Being a mature has its meaning here)

Even the last drop left in the bottle shall be equally shared,

if you like to have more rakı then you dont have to care for that sharing ritual and order an other bottle.

rakı is a drink that it makes you feel when you will be drunk,

When you noticed that, you have to tell it to your friends, or ask for permission to leave and leave,

But if that you are leaving will make all the others leave too, then stay and dont get up even if you die.

becouse even for restroom anyone stands up hardly and that is not welcomed.

When you are having rakı, there shall be no different liquors like beer or wine on your table (even for gracious ladies)

The lucky food for it, is every kind of grilled fish (bluefish, seabream,seabass)

The lucky tune for it is *hususi nihavent ve rast makamından sanat musikisi eserleri (* he says about some kinds in turkish traditional music, i am not sure how to translate)

The lucky musical instruments for it are button box ,violin and oud and also the lucky amount for it is *70cl (* there are 2 main bottles for rakı which are called büyük (big) thats 70 cl and ufak (small) 35cl

Rakı is not a drink that can be haved with out anything, you have to have it with some side dishes and drink it very slowly.

After its effects on stomach and brain, you feel cheered up and it leads you to nice convorsations.

Which means both listening and talking..

Thus; it feels like a social action which at least 2 people attend,
    a democratic discussion platform with interlocutions,
    a psychological group therapy where someone can think aloud, discuss with himself and universal or personal problems can be talked.

Rakı sofrası has an esteemed community...

**here i need to explain the term *Rakı sofrası it literally means the table for(where you have) rakı, but it points at the main occasion is drinking rakı, and it may point at the people you are with or the place you are in.

The one joins here, shall be considered as widely respected and must show the same respect to the others for being accepted and welcomed.

Something important is not to make commendation about other brands of rakı while drinking an different brand.

If you dont care that, it means that you are saying bad about the sips you are having now and that is wrong.

The best side dish for it is "friendly conversation"

The subject can be an emotianol one like: " there was a girl, i loved her 5 years, she didnt even look at my face" or either it can be half-philosophical one like : " Why this sun always rises from east and goes down towards west?"

A white cheese made of fatty lamb milk, some olive oil with garlic on the cheese, and some colours with red pepper powder...
    Side dishes with sour tastes like pickles also balances the perfect sweet taste of rakı, it makes your veins shrink and you be friends with anise.

- So what is all about?

- Drinking rakı is an art...

let it be good ..

Any corrections will be appreaciated.
    Last edited by ercmnt; 07-01-2010 at 02:58 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,321 Times in 1,680 Posts

I love the Turkish prime minister Erdogan

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalestina View Post
    I love the Turkish prime minister Erdogan
    thumbs up

Thanks
    Thanked 2,321 Times in 1,680 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maviii View Post
    thumbs up
    Lol *screams* he has one heck of a fan here And with all arabs...

Thanks

Default :d

HI Peggy Sue

I was walking back home from work on a warm day and it was the smell of the hot soil that suddenly struck me.

A few more words to explain my love for Turkey. Being a tourist for a few years now I've met a few Turkish persons that I now consider as my family. One day a Turkish friend of mine took me to her house to meet her parents. We've spend the day there and I helped her father taking care of the garden. I have to admit that my Turkish is very poor and unfortunately they didn't understand a lot of English but nevertheless at the end of the day her father turned to me and said: 'Now I have two daughters. One in Turkey and one in Belgium.' It was such an emotional moment. And now, I have a whole bunch of Turkish mothers and fathers and sisters and nieces and nephews. When I visit them they consider me as a daughter, sister, niece that lives abroad. We share our hopes and dreams and pains. And even though we do not always understand eachothers words, the love and respect in our eyes and smiles say more than enough.

And that is why ... SENI SEVIYORUM TÜRKIYE...
    There is no sin except stupidity

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kedicik View Post
    HI Peggy Sue

I was walking back home from work on a warm day and it was the smell of the hot soil that suddenly struck me.

A few more words to explain my love for Turkey. Being a tourist for a few years now I've met a few Turkish persons that I now consider as my family. One day a Turkish friend of mine took me to her house to meet her parents. We've spend the day there and I helped her father taking care of the garden. I have to admit that my Turkish is very poor and unfortunately they didn't understand a lot of English but nevertheless at the end of the day her father turned to me and said: 'Now I have two daughters. One in Turkey and one in Belgium.' It was such an emotional moment. And now, I have a whole bunch of Turkish mothers and fathers and sisters and nieces and nephews. When I visit them they consider me as a daughter, sister, niece that lives abroad. We share our hopes and dreams and pains. And even though we do not always understand eachothers words, the love and respect in our eyes and smiles say more than enough.

And that is why ... SENI SEVIYORUM TÜRKIYE...
    warm words and well said .. i loved everything u said

Kurichan808

One day while online I stumbled across Hande Yener's video for Hipnoz, and thought to myself....very interesting. I continued to browse various artists and was shocked at how good Turkish music is. Since then I've become an absolute fan of Turkey. Before this I had no concept of Turkey, the Turkish language, or its people.
    Learning about Turkey has now become a bit of a small obsesion for me, and im absolutely determined to one day visit.
    When is the best time of year to visit?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast