Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    ercmnt

Quote Originally Posted by Kurichan808 View Post
    Learning about Turkey has now become a bit of a small obsesion for me, and im absolutely determined to one day visit.
    When is the best time of year to visit?
    Answer for your question changes depending on which part are you going to visit,
    West and south coasts are good in summer time and perfect in autumn.
    Istanbul is a very crowded city, if you don't like it so crowded summer is also good for here (but be aware of hot weather) , winter or autumn will be a bad choice.
    Blacksea part is good in the beginning of august, other then that there are a lot of rain in that part.
    So if you can tell the area that you are planning to see, it will be easier to tell you more.

Thanks

The time when I'll go to Turkey, next year (for sure!), I'll remember to post on this thread!
    I'm back!!! XD

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kedicik View Post
    HI Peggy Sue

I was walking back home from work on a warm day and it was the smell of the hot soil that suddenly struck me.

A few more words to explain my love for Turkey. Being a tourist for a few years now I've met a few Turkish persons that I now consider as my family. One day a Turkish friend of mine took me to her house to meet her parents. We've spend the day there and I helped her father taking care of the garden. I have to admit that my Turkish is very poor and unfortunately they didn't understand a lot of English but nevertheless at the end of the day her father turned to me and said: 'Now I have two daughters. One in Turkey and one in Belgium.' It was such an emotional moment. And now, I have a whole bunch of Turkish mothers and fathers and sisters and nieces and nephews. When I visit them they consider me as a daughter, sister, niece that lives abroad. We share our hopes and dreams and pains. And even though we do not always understand eachothers words, the love and respect in our eyes and smiles say more than enough.

And that is why ... SENI SEVIYORUM TÜRKIYE...
    woow, the moment touched me sooo much that my eyes are full of with tears... This is the moment that i started loving my own country "Turkey" =) Thanks kedicik =) Did u learn any Turkish by the way?
    Şarkıların günahı yok, acıtan sensin içimi...
    Hangimiz istedi söyle, bu adaletsiz seçimi...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalestina View Post
    I love the Turkish prime minister Erdogan
    who?? mmm I better check a pic of him right now hahahahah
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maviii View Post
    warm words and well said .. i loved everything u said
    Thank you Maviii. Btw, you're my favourite colour ; )
    There is no sin except stupidity

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tremo View Post
    woow, the moment touched me sooo much that my eyes are full of with tears... This is the moment that i started loving my own country "Turkey" =) Thanks kedicik =) Did u learn any Turkish by the way?
    Merhaba Tremo

Evet, I learned az Türkçe but it's still idare eder

Btw I see you are from Istanbul. I have a few friends there. I went to Istanbul last year, by myself. I understand why you said that you just learned to love Turkey by reading my words. The first few days in Istanbul were very strange. It was such a beautiful city but it seemed cold and distant at the same time. I had the impression that people did not live there but only tried to survive. Then I went to Kadiköy, a whole new world opened right in front of me. People where enjoying theirselves and their family. I started understanding what Istanbul was all about. It is those differences that makes it magical. I stopped at a restaurant called Moda in Mola. They prepare real Turkish food. I sat down and the lady brought me the menu. I didn't understand a word of it so when she came back I said I did not know what to take so she laughed. She came back with everything she had on the menu, in little quantities. I had a gigantic dish, Turkey on my plate. The flavours seemed so familiar but unusual at the same time. From that day onwards I could finally face this city. The next day I went to Taksim. I was walking through the streets when suddenly, in the middle of this open air shopping centre, I discovered a little street with a tree in the middle. It was as if God had decided to put a part of heaven, right there. Some people were painting, others where reading, some where talking and enjoying their çay. And me, I sat there all day, watching those people live and laugh and I realised that in order to be loved by this city, I had to learn to love it myself. And it worked. I became a part of Istanbul and Istanbul became a part of me.

Kedicik

Thanks

Merhaba Tremo

Evet, I learned az Türkçe but it's still idare eder

Btw I see you are from Istanbul. I have a few friends there. I went to Istanbul last year, by myself. I understand why you said that you just learned to love Turkey by reading my words. The first few days in Istanbul were very strange. It was such a beautiful city but it seemed cold and distant at the same time. I had the impression that people did not live there but only tried to survive. Then I went to Kadiköy, a whole new world opened right in front of me. People where enjoying theirselves and their family. I started understanding what Istanbul was all about. It is those differences that makes it magical. I stopped at a restaurant called Moda in Mola. They prepare real Turkish food. I sat down and the lady brought me the menu. I didn't understand a word of it so when she came back I said I did not know what to take so she laughed. She came back with everything she had on the menu, in little quantities. I had a gigantic dish, Turkey on my plate. The flavours seemed so familiar but unusual at the same time. From that day onwards I could finally face this city. The next day I went to Taksim. I was walking through the streets when suddenly, in the middle of this open air shopping centre, I discovered a little street with a tree in the middle. It was as if God had decided to put a part of heaven, right there. Some people were painting, others where reading, some where talking and enjoying their çay. And me, I sat there all day, watching those people live and laugh and I realised that in order to be loved by this city, I had to learn to love it myself. And it worked. I became a part of Istanbul and Istanbul became a part of me.

Kedicik
    Actually i love living in this city, as you said , every part of it has a different air, i also love Moda and it's quite near to me, i usually go there and sat on the beach on the grasses, have a picnic with my friends. When i go there i feel like; i'm in a different cosy city..The "anatolian" part of Istanbul is more avaible to live, to take a walk for fresh air etc.. But the "european part".. i really don't like it.. there are no trees, always have a traffic jam, the streets are narrow, the apartments are cramped..
    In Taksim, which street did u go_? Do you remember the name of it? It must be on "İstiklal" =)

Andd what's your favourite dish, you tasted most of our dishes in a plate, then tell me about it
    Şarkıların günahı yok, acıtan sensin içimi...
    Hangimiz istedi söyle, bu adaletsiz seçimi...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,321 Times in 1,680 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zahra2008 View Post
    who?? mmm I better check a pic of him right now hahahahah
    LOL hayati he has a siiiiik personality, forget the looks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,321 Times in 1,680 Posts

Thank you Maviii. Btw, you're my favourite colour ; )
    And she's my favourite Maviii!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tremo View Post
    Actually i love living in this city, as you said , every part of it has a different air, i also love Moda and it's quite near to me, i usually go there and sat on the beach on the grasses, have a picnic with my friends. When i go there i feel like; i'm in a different cosy city..The "anatolian" part of Istanbul is more avaible to live, to take a walk for fresh air etc.. But the "european part".. i really don't like it.. there are no trees, always have a traffic jam, the streets are narrow, the apartments are cramped..
    In Taksim, which street did u go_? Do you remember the name of it? It must be on "İstiklal" =)

Andd what's your favourite dish, you tasted most of our dishes in a plate, then tell me about it
    Hi Tremo

I'm afraid I don't know the name of all the things I ate. I'll ask one of my friends but I know börek and it's delicious. Especially the ones with spinache and cheese that my friend's mom used to make for me.
    Taksim, how to explain. When Starbucks is left of you and you look into the neverending street full of shops, where this old tram drives on, it is past the ING and at your right side. You enter a little hall with shops and it is at the back. Not so far from a school or university I think.

See ya x

ercmnt

The street is istiklal and the hall is cicek pasaji. I wouldn't be describing it better.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ercmnt View Post
    The street is istiklal and the hall is cicek pasaji. I wouldn't be describing it better.
    Tesekkür ederim my friend

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalestina View Post
    I love the Turkish prime minister Erdogan
    he is cool!

Thanks

The reason why I love turkey is an turkish boy!

Syrian-Turkish Moderator LoOlya's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,503 Times in 1,100 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by giNa0509 View Post
    The reason why I love turkey is an turkish boy!
    I always say : Türk erkekler beni deli ederler..
    Syria ♥
    لّا إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ
    Suriyeli damarımda Türk kanı akıyor.

Thanks

wow im in treat to see such a tread.
    I believe that souls know where they belong, they can feel the energy and feel complete in one particular part of the world. I went to Turkey with a friend who is Greek. Her family was originally from the Black Sea region but were Greek and ended up in Greece during the wars. I had never seen emotion in this girls eyes until one night in Taksim (Istanbul) she bumped into a group of people who were also from the same region in Turkey. She couldnt speak a word of Turkish and they couldnt speak a word of Greek or English but somehow they were understanding each other and i was so shocked as i never saw anything like it before. That night after we left there and went home she couldnt talk at all. The girl that showed no emotion before actually cried that night. Now all she wants is to travel to black sea but is just too scared of her own emotions cos they r too strong. This has nothing to do with patriarcy. Its just souls unconsciously knowing where they belong. I have great respect for that work of God.
    "I like this place and willingly could waste my time in it"

Black Sea

deleted
    Last edited by Black Sea; 11-22-2010 at 03:55 AM.

Thanks

Hello from Canada!!!

I have been travelling to Turkey since 2006.... Mostly to a place called Altinkum in Didim!!! I fell in love with it as soon as I got there and cannot stop going back!! I have had some CRAZY experiences......

I have actually made history in Ephesus.... LOL... Well so they say..... The first vehicle to ever enter Ephesus was my ambulance!!!! It was 54 degrees out and I ended up seeking shelter in one of the ancient toilets and someone found me and got a German nurse that was there... to check me... by the time they came to me my blood pressure was 60/30 and I was passed out!!! I do not know how I got to the ambulance but I was taken to some hospital in Selcuk Izmir where they held me until they knew they were getting paid...and then I had to find my way back to Altinkum... NOT a good day for me!!! But looking back on it... a little humorous!!! LOL

Istanbul.... CRAZY DRIVERS!!!! I think I had about 20 heart attacks being taken from the airport to Taxim Square.... I was so scared I started texting on my phone to just not pay attention to him cutting in and out of traffic..... LOL!!! But I got there in one piece and had some great food and shopping!!!

One of my favorite places is Kusadasi!!! Very beautiful... and interesting! Love the shopping!!

Also the little villages are fantastic...especially for the food as its all homemade and even the butter and cheese is homemade.... fabulous places to experinece the Turkish culture and see how the real people live.... Its so rustic and traditional.... I love it!

Last October.... I was on a boat trip... and somehow.... I got stung by a poisenous fish.... Called a WEEVER FISH.... And as I am allergic to fish anyhow... It sure made for an interesting experinece... so I tend to stay away form Boat trips now!!! Th epoint of this story is.... I ALWAYS END UP IN THE HOSPITAL WHEN I AM IN TURKEY!!!! But I keep going back....lol!!

I have taken 8 months of Turkish speaking lessons here as I belong to the Turkish/Vancouver Island Friendship Association and they were giving free lessons...and then my teache rwho is now one of my closest friends taught me also how to cook Turkish food!! I find the language so hard to learn...and I know many languages a sI have taught in 18 different countires English as a second language.... but the Turkish language...has so many verbs and endings for just ONE word!!! But I am still learning!!!

I spent 4 months in Turkey this past May to September.... It was fantastic...the weather was HOT HOT HOT in August... OMG I WAS SWEATING MY EYE LASHES OFF!!! But it was amazing times and met some amazing people!!! No boat trips this time... hahahaha.... but I did some travelling to the villages and mountains and Kusadasi again... and again SHOPPING!!! LOVE SHOPPING!!!

Raki.... What a wonderful topic to discuss!!! Traditional... yummy and messy!!!! My favorite.... Putting holes in a watermelon (Karpuz) and filling the holes with raki!!! Raki and cherry juice is a good one too!!! But now that I have become a muslim...those days are behind me now!!! But good times to remember!!!

I have posted in the Turkish misc translations as I am trying to do up a scrap book for a newborn baby in Turkey....But as its a long long one..I have has many views but no replies to it... I would sincerely appreciate any help with it..as I want the book to be perfect... just as Baby Yaren is so perfect!!!

Ive enjoyed writing this... it brings back some crazy and fond memories... Hope to hear a response!!!

x-Genevieve-x
    Last edited by queen_genevieve; 11-23-2010 at 04:33 AM. Reason: adding something....
    Kendine Iyi Bak!!!

Thanks

Hi everybody, I'm from Turkey.
    And I'm really glad to hear these lovely words about my country.
    Sometimes people can't realize that how a beautiful city they are living in.
    But when we learn the others opinions, we can figure out it again.

Turkey loves all of you.

Thanks

This,is an old post..But Turkey is my heart I love it so much. <3
    αquαмαяiηє

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast