Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Thanks

Thank you for the re-start on this thread.

I love Turkey so much because:

* Turkey gave birth to BARIS AKARSU, my favorite singer, who starred in my favorite television show, "Yalanci Yarim".
    * Turkey has the best male singers.
    * Turkey has the most handsome male singers.
    * Turkish is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L in song, and it is lovely when spoken, especially by a light, sweet female voice. Charming.
    * Turkish people seem to me, overall, to be highly principled, and most with high morals, as well as very family-oriented.
    * The Turkish people are hospitable, and know how to eat.
    * I would be proud if DNA could prove I have roots in Turkey. [E.g., The Melungeons - "From Anatolia to Appalachia" (Mountains, Kentucky) a book on the subject], as well as Cherokee Native American and Scottish. I feel the pull of these cultures in my gut. And would be especially proud if the first two could be proven!
    * I love, love, love Turkish music!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie Jasmine View Post
    Thank you for the re-start on this thread.

I love Turkey so much because:

* Turkey gave birth to BARIS AKARSU, my favorite singer, who starred in my favorite television show, "Yalanci Yarim".
    * Turkey has the best male singers.
    * Turkey has the most handsome male singers.
    * Turkish is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L in song, and it is lovely when spoken, especially by a light, sweet female voice. Charming.
    * Turkish people seem to me, overall, to be highly principled, and most with high morals, as well as very family-oriented.
    * The Turkish people are hospitable, and know how to eat.
    * I would be proud if DNA could prove I have roots in Turkey. [E.g., The Melungeons - "From Anatolia to Appalachia" (Mountains, Kentucky) a book on the subject], as well as Cherokee Native American and Scottish. I feel the pull of these cultures in my gut. And would be especially proud if the first two could be proven!
    * I love, love, love Turkish music!
    Frankie, you listed all my favorite reasons too! I will add my touch too :P

My family does trace back to Turkey through my mothers father.
    Turkey has the most handsome guys to marry.
    Turkish people invented kolbasti <3
    αquαмαяiηє

Thanks

they r kind...nice and sincere
    timeless love..

Thanks

~ Why do I love Turkey so much?

Hmm.. well, I've never been in Turkey before, so this means that I fell in love with TÜRKİYE without being in there and without seeing it, just by feeling it inside my heart
    I just feel that I find myself in it & that's why I started learning Turkish [[I'm just in love with the Turkish language gerçekten!!]]
    Other reasons for why I love TÜRKİYE so much are;
    ● I love Turkish music so much!!
    ● I love Turkish food =) it's just like Iraqi food [[Kendim Iraklıyım ]]
    ● I become so happy when I hear something about TÜRKİYE
    ● It's a wonderful and a very special country!! One of my dreams is to visit it & especially [[İSTANBUL]]! ~ I just hope that I'll be able to visit TÜRKİYE next summer İNŞALLAH & just breathe of its air because it really has been a part of my days
    ● I love Turkish people

And the only thing I can say is; Ben TÜRKİYE'ye sevdalıyım ♥

Selamlar ~
    Last edited by Tulin; 06-30-2012 at 07:48 PM.
    ღ لا تحزن إن الله معنا ღ

» «

"Bil ki, her kıştan sonra yine bahar gelecek, yine çiçekler açacak.."

Thanks

I have been captivated by Turkey yoo, just throughout pictures, music, friends' chat, but now, reading these words, makes me want to fly to Intanbul now, and see this beauty you are talking about you must be proud of living in Turkey, and I must be jealous of you

Have fun, and good luck for all.

Sissima.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sissima View Post
    I have been captivated by Turkey yoo, just throughout pictures, music, friends' chat, but now, reading these words, makes me want to fly to Intanbul now, and see this beauty you are talking about you must be proud of living in Turkey, and I must be jealous of you

Have fun, and good luck for all.

Sissima.
    Hello, dear sissima!

I think you misunderstand! No one on this particular page lives in Turkey. We are all lovers from afar of this special, exotic, interesting country. Most of us are from the U.S.A. and have not been to Turkey (I only refer to this page!).

But I am so glad to meet those here in the U.S. who have this love of Turkey for heritage reasons or other reasons. I have no one in Kentucky that shares my love of Turkey of whom I am aware. Meeting you all makes it nicer!

Best,

Frankie

Thanks

Thank you for all those beautiful words. I'm here and I am from Turkey but gosh, seeing all those people dying for a second to spend in Turkey made me feel soo... awkward.

Why I love Turkey so much? I never liked my country. For 21 years I have been living in the backstreets of Istanbul where the most of Kurdish - Turkish disagreements took place(besides the eastern part of course). I've seen death people, badly wounded people, and a bomb that blowed just several miles away from me. I've seen helicopters flying around with huge projector lights and searching street for the terorrists. Kinda war scenerio, right? But It's not Iraq, It's just the middle of Istanbul.

I've seen many perverts and horny people. Those who close themself for any kind of relationship before mariage, tried to earn their life. They went to college, they tried to find a job and save money which lasted until the age of 26-27. I'm talking about 27 years of hunger for any piece of sexuality. And they went crazy. You can easy find those photos of men who are proving their madness by having sex with dress-stands, plastic models in shop windows. I am a male but I really feel sorry for those women who just can't walk around happily, and have to bear up to those crazy men staring at them every corner of the streets.

Anyway, not only Turkey but this world is rotten. Sorry for disturbing the peace of this topic. But when I go out today, I'll try to give a look around with more positive thoughs for all those people who love Turkey.
    Last edited by maximilianxs; 09-23-2012 at 12:20 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,321 Times in 1,680 Posts

I stayed with a turkish family for a week, a family that I dont know, they are friends of friends, just connections...but I was treated so graciously and the people I met in Istanbul were always so welcoming, friendly and kind. The world is a rotten place, especially in hard times - but there is beauty every where you look. Good luck finding it

Thanks

I'm Turkish myself, but I don't have any hesitations to write on this topic. I like Turkey too, afterall.

-Turkish language. I don't think I'm being biased, according to my taste it's one of the most beautiful-sounding languages. I also like that Turkish doesn't have genders. It gives a little mystery somehow, I like it. Such a productive, nice sounding, powerful language. I think it's retarded to be proud of belonging to X race, because nobody can choose his race, but I feel lucky for having this language as my mother-tongue.
    -Turkey is a great mixture of the East and the West. It sounds so cliche, I know, but I really see it as a bridge. Both locationally and culturally.
    -In Turkey, one can experience all seasons equally and not overwhelmingly. 3 months for each. Good deal, if you ask me.
    -Turkey, location-wise, has been the "home" of many civilizations. The traces of all can be seen very clearly in Turkey. It's super rich.
    -Turkish cuisine. Simply delicious. But you need to be careful not to gain weight. Goddammit.
    -Turkish people. There are retards everywhere, their existence is inevitable. But generally Turkish people are hospitable and friendly. I think it's about the climate.
    -Turkish music and its richness. I'm not only talking about ethnic elements. People here generally make good music in every genre.
    -Black Sea of course!
    Söz veriyorum, her şey çok güzel olacak, sadece sen ve ben...

Thanks

What a nice topic! I took an interest in turkish when fate directed me towards a group of Turkish speaking Iranian friends. i started learnig first just to mingle never knowing i was stepping onto an exciting road by expanding my learning to Turkish spoken in Turkey. So i love Turkey so much because:

1)Music has always guided me into introducing a new language and OMG i feel great listening to Turkish music.
    2)As I moved along the road i got to know the similarities of our cultures and social realtionships which was even pushing me more into the depth of it.
    3)Sezen Aksu was a HUGE impact on me , i hope someday i go to one of her live performances
    4)it's a lively country and people are friendly, i know everywhere has its dark sides but i am the look-at-the-half-full kinda guy. We have lots of trouble in my country but that never stops me to love it.
    5)I am planning to finally go to Istanbul and i can hardly wait to see it all up close! AMEN

Thanks

No doubt, each person here has spoken their truth. All truths are duly noted. Having my heart in Turkey, mostly Turkish music, my own heart has been uplifted. Each day, the music helps me FEEL connected--not necessarily to the country, but to OTHERS. Turkish music: Soothes my soul; wakes me up (figuratively); opens my feelings and imagination; gives me hope, somehow. And I don't even have to understand the words--the music and the emoting of the singers speaks for me, to me, sometimes about me. Through music, initially through BARIS AKARSU, is how I was drawn to the place called Turkey.
    _ _ _ _ _

If I told what I have witnessed and experienced personally growing up and in my adult life on a thread called, "GUESS MY COUNTRY OF ORIGIN," I guarantee . . . no one would guess my country. They would rather guess some remote, bizarre, almost unheard of country untouched by real civilization. Why? Because never in their imagination would anyone relate such excruciating, tormenting events to the country in which I live. And, yes, these experiences were not one or two, but hundreds, of varying kinds, over long periods of time--still ongoing. (However, as an adult, I have removed myself from such things as much as possible.)

One thing I do know, each person must speak their truth and be heard by someone. I hope those with destructive experiences in their lives can find a true, trusting, loving, listening ear in their real lives to pour out all the tears, frustrations, anger, and resentment; and eventually find some measure of peace within and a better, safer, more nurturing environment with which to surround themselves.
    Last edited by Frankie Jasmine; 09-29-2012 at 10:52 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,321 Times in 1,680 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by muge View Post
    -Turkey is a great mixture of the East and the West. It sounds so cliche, I know, but I really see it as a bridge. Both locationally and culturally.
    I felt sorry for Turks because of this They seemed lost between trying to keep up with old traditions and new cultures

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalestina View Post
    I felt sorry for Turks because of this They seemed lost between trying to keep up with old traditions and new cultures
    Not at all, as a Turk I'm very happy about it.
    Söz veriyorum, her şey çok güzel olacak, sadece sen ve ben...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalestina View Post
    This being torn apart between old traditions and the Western influence makes this nation so precious and beautiful in my eyes. And only some of them are lost, imo, most of them seem quite able to reconcile within themselves the priorities of the tradition and the demands of modern times.

And indeed, each Turk is a sort of a human bridge between two civilisations (East and West), being at the same time part of both. Just like Istanbul that belongs to Europe and Asia and seems to have any great European or Asian city within its borders.

ah Köprüm benim - seni çok seviyorum!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345