Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Thanks

Default Why I love Turkey so much...

Merhaba
    Hello

No Introduction. You'll understand it after you've read the few sentences below.

Turkey, my country.

I wander through these streets that used to be mine
    but the memories are gone.
    Emptiness is choking my soul while my senses
    desperately flare up searching for a familiar sign.
    Then one scent passes by as if God had send it
    to rescue me.
    Hold on Kedicik, in a few months you’ll be back home…

A little explanation. I've never believed in God untill the first time i walked on Turkish soil. He said: 'Follow me, I will show you my best creation.'
    He was right, it is his masterpiece.

Seni seviyorum Türkiye...
    There is no sin except stupidity

Thanks

I agree...Turkey is the best thing that happened to me too...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,117 Times in 706 Posts

well your words touched me .. though am not turkish
    but i`ll tell you why i love turkiye :

the nature
    the traditions are mostly similar to my traditons
    they are neat freaks as i am one of them
    the language
    the history
    people
    songs
    streets
    and everything there inspires me...

& as u said
    it assures me more that there is a great god who creates all these amazing places & world

maybe this is not enough comparing for what is inside me but
    i`ll repeat after you same sentence ...

Thanks

Default ;o)

Maviii, I rest my case ;p
    There is no sin except stupidity

Thanks

Love your poem kedicik, if you wrote it, TEBRIKLER !!! it's wonderful, so touching, so deep, and I totally agree with everything it says !
    I'm sure a lot of people who went there once, are saying this...what all of you said, and what I am saying...

SENI ÇOK SEVİYORUM TÜRKİYE!

" Don't take life too seriously, no one gets out alive. "

Thanks

It's very difficult to replay on this topic for someone who is not from Turkey... I am from Bosnia,and since I was a little girl I heard stories about Turkey from my family...it's some kind of tradition in my country to talk about Turkey... We were learning on our history classes about Turkey,and somehow stories about Turkey were all over me ... I just love this country,I have special feelings for Turkey... I love everything that has any kind of connection with Turkey... Somehow in my soul there are two countries,my Bosnia and my Turkey... I love people from Turkey,places,Turkish tradition,songs,movies,mosques,famous historic persons... I LOVE TURKEY

Thanks

Thanks a lot Aicha98! We love you too! Bosnia and Herzegovina is one of the most beautiful country for me! I enjoy to visit there sometimes with my family. Fantastic places! My best wishes for you and all your sweet and beautiful people..

Thanks

im not from turkey , but i love it so much ... and in my opinion the turkish language is the most soft and wonderful language at all .. and also the turkish music is the greatest one .. and about the country itself ..its something like heaven ..

Syrian-Turkish Moderator LoOlya's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,503 Times in 1,100 Posts

Well, first ben Suriyeliyim, for me, I'm crazy for something is called "TURKEY" !
    I love Turkey because it has nice nature, nice language, and sure nice songs (Lyrics+Music) !
    also Turkish Language is so similar to Arabic language, so It'll be very easy to learn it for Arabian people.
    And we have many common things between Arab and Türks.
    I love it because i've been there many times.
    also it's very easy to go there now for Suriyeli insanlar, No viza anymore !
    Türkiyeyi ÇOK SEVİYORUM, VE Türkleri ÇOK SEVİYORUM !
    Syria ♥
    لّا إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ
    Suriyeli damarımda Türk kanı akıyor.

Thanks

Turkish language is not similar to Arabic language.
    It is based on LATIN characters.
    It has a "Vowel Harmony" grammatical structure which means, it's similar to Finnish and Hungarian language.
    It does has some Arabic words, but more than Arabic, it has French and Persian words.
    If you are new about Turkey, I suggest you to visit Ölüdeniz, is a small resort village in the Muğla Province on the South West coast of Turkey on the Aegean Sea.
    Syria is also a beautiful country with lots of different cultures, religions living peacefully all together.
    Very warm greetings from Turkey to Syria and to beautiful Syrian people..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kalle View Post
    It has a "Vowel Harmony" grammatical structure which means, it's similar to Finnish and Hungarian language.
    It does has some Arabic words, but more than Arabic, it has French and Persian words.
    If you are new about Turkey, I suggest you to visit Ölüdeniz, is a small resort village in the Muğla Province on the South West coast of Turkey on the Aegean Sea.
    Syria is also a beautiful country with lots of different cultures, religions living peacefully all together.
    Exactly, that what I'm saying, it has many Arabic words, and day by day when I'm learning Turkish language I find more Arabic words.
    and yes it has Persian and French words aslo !
    Well, İnşallah when I'll go next time I'll keep this village in my mind.
    I went to İstanbul, Ankara, Kapadokya, Bursa, Antakya(hatay), Mersin, and more but I can't remember..
    Really Türkiye has many beautiful things, Maşallah yani Allah made it like a heaven, but on the earth !
    ah yes elhamdülillah, Syrians are living in Peace, çok şükür.
    Çok teşekkürler dear, ve Suriyeden Selamlar to Türkiye !

I'll say it because I feel happy when I say "SENİ ÇOK SEVİYORUM RKİYE"
    hope to go there soon inşallah..
    Syria ♥

Thanks

yes, Turkish is similar with Finish and Hungarian.but its diffucult to learn for others.and there are many common words with Arabic, French, Greek, Italian, English bla bla

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kalle View Post
    I'm sorry, but some information are wrong...

Turkish Language is not "based" upon Latin characters. The fact, that the latin alphabet was introduced (which I think, was a good decision, as the arab elifba was absolutely wrong for Turkish with its large vowel variety) does not mean, that Turkish is "based" upon latin characters.

In today's Turkish there are about 6500 words of arabic origin, French 5200 and 1400 Persian.... maybe you do not recognize the arabic origin of a word anymore because you are so used to it in Turkish. And those arabic words are often used with a different meaning. Approximately 14000 foreign words are used in today's Turkish... so nearly the half of it, is of arabic origin.

Just one example: many Turkish people think, that our beloved "Lahmacun" is a turkish word, only a few know that it comes from arabic lahm + acin (lahm meaning "meat"

Thanks

@omero: @lahmacun: lahm is meat indeed, and acin means the mixture of flour and water
    so it is an Arabic expression as well, we say "lahmacin" as well for the same food! xD

and actually I always wander about how many Arabic words are used in Turkish! I always find it amazing when I relate a word to Arabic! that's why we're so encouraged to learn Turkish! for example the other day my sister was contemplating the word "maskara" which means a fool and then she had a light-bulb moment and said that it's the same Arabic word "maskhara" which means goof or simply "mockery"
    çok harika. değil mi?
    The hours of pain have yielded good,
    Which prosperous days refused;
    As herbs, though scentless when entire,
    Spread fragrance when they’re bruised.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lullaby View Post
    yes, Turkish is similar with Finish and Hungarian.but its diffucult to learn for others.and there are many common words with Arabic, French, Greek, Italian, English bla bla
    Yes this is very true !!! How do u know this ?
    Are u Hungarian or Finnish ? or study/studied Philology ?

Thanks

Oh noo...now you both reminded me of lahmacun....gosh i'm drooling now....are u happy?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by omero View Post
    I'm sorry, but some information are wrong...

Turkish Language is not "based" upon Latin characters. The fact, that the latin alphabet was introduced (which I think, was a good decision, as the arab elifba was absolutely wrong for Turkish with its large vowel variety) does not mean, that Turkish is "based" upon latin characters.

In today's Turkish there are about 6500 words of arabic origin, French 5200 and 1400 Persian.... maybe you do not recognize the arabic origin of a word anymore because you are so used to it in Turkish. And those arabic words are often used with a different meaning. Approximately 14000 foreign words are used in today's Turkish... so nearly the half of it, is of arabic origin.

Just one example: many Turkish people think, that our beloved "Lahmacun" is a turkish word, only a few know that it comes from arabic lahm + acin (lahm meaning "meat"
    I really agree with you, 100% !!
    Syria ♥

Thanks

I find it very funny, that "şams" means "sun" in arabic.

In Turkish, it has no meaning alone, but we use it in "şemsiye" - umbrella, but we of course mean the umbrella which protects against the rain.

And about the similarity between Turkish/Finnish/Hungarian...

many grammatical structures are used in all of them... vowel harmony, use of suffixes etc, but you hardly find a word in these languages, which can be traced back to the same root.

Austrian and Swiss friends have told me, that Turkish reminds them more of Hungarian, because in Hungarian you also have ö,ü but also ş, ç sounds.... ş, ç are sounds which do not exist in Finnish.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by omero View Post
    Austrian and Swiss friends have told me, that Turkish reminds them more of Hungarian, because in Hungarian you also have ö,ü but also ş, ç sounds.... ş, ç are sounds which do not exist in Finnish.
    true... but we also have : é á ö ( short ) , ő ( long ) , and ü( short ) , ű ( long ) which aren't in turkish. And about the á= it's the a from " baran" , our e, is 'e' from " elmas", " energy" , but our é is from " Selin" , and the a - far"

Thanks

I would like to thanks to all Turkey and Turkish lovers
    Şehitler Ölmez,Vatan Bölünmez

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast